#21 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21938 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted Today, 09:38 AM

I am asking what they put in there because some already are stage chargers, some you can upgrade, etc.

#22 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15128 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted Today, 09:50 AM

I am asking what they put in there because some already are stage chargers, some you can upgrade, etc.

No idea of the converter specs other than the manual says it will charge on shore power. My plan is to use a battery monitor while on shore power. If the converter isn't keeping up above 50% discharge then I can use the Battery Tender/Charger. I can always turn the battery switch to off and isolate the AGM and just use the Battery Tender to charge, turn the battery switch back on for use and monitor discharge then repeat the process. That's sounds like a PIA but then again I haven't read on any of the camper forums that the stock onboard converter are having issues with AGM batteries. Thoughts?

#23 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21938 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted Today, 10:17 AM

I think before buying a battery tender just looking at the model of the converter you have wouldn’t hurt.

#24 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15128 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted Today, 02:01 PM

I think before buying a battery tender just looking at the model of the converter you have wouldn’t hurt.

Agreed. But more likely check the converter. It should be OK but just knowing is peace of mind. Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BlKtRe