#1 VolFan

VolFan

Comptroller of teh spr0ts

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9424 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 26 July 2020 - 08:14 AM

Nearly 5 yers ago I bought a 50" Vizio TV for the garage from Costco. Since it was under $500 the warranty was $30. Costco has a two year warranty and this extends it out to 5. We had a bad lightning strike yesterday and it popped the tv's display. It had audio and that's all. I went to the square trade site and initiated the claim. They emailed me and asked me to call which I did. I spent a few minutes troubleshooting with the CSR, trying new outlets, etc. She agreed the tv was done and approved the claim. 

They then sent an email with available options to choose from as a replacement. It had one, it's in the link below. The warranty was set to expire in September so to be honest I'm happy it was still covered. I would've preferred to have another Vizio so not quite sure how I feel about this replacement. It was definitely not the highest end tv when I bought it and the Hisense is a 4K UHD so it is definitely a better tv in that regard. 

I'll admit the claims process was easy. Took all of 20 minutes including the phone call.

https://www.bestbuy....wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

#2 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85520 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 08:18 AM

I have this HiSense 32" in the kitchen. No complaints.

https://smile.amazon...i_t6zhFbZ3BZ4TQ

#3 CinnaDolphin

CinnaDolphin

Rocket

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20047 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 09:53 AM

Love my Hisense 55'. Glad to hear these warranty's are pain free and dependable!!

#4 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45688 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 02:57 PM

We have a Hisense 55", have had it for about a year. Don't know about long term, but it has been great so far.

#5 VolFan

VolFan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9424 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 26 July 2020 - 03:05 PM

Good to know. TBH I’m just happy I remembered buying that warranty. I was about to hop in the truck this morning and go buy another one. As much time as I spend in the garage I almost have to have one out here just for the background noise alone.

#6 Patrick C.

Patrick C.

Comproller of Toilet Tank Vodka

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6334 posts
  • LocationAcworth GA

Posted 27 July 2020 - 06:54 AM

Lightning damage is covered under warranty?

#7 VolFan

VolFan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9424 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:47 AM

Yes. It was the main selling point for me.

#8 Hines

Hines

Comptroller of Emus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8236 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:29 PM

we had a tv repair through squaretrade.  I agree, super easy.  That's why I've ordered warranties from them that I likely will never need.

#9 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23829 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:36 PM

My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

#10 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85520 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:47 PM

we had a tv repair through squaretrade. I agree, super easy. That's why I've ordered warranties from them that I likely will never need.

Yeah, the "extended warranty" is usually a joke but squaretrade is legit. It's essentially a form of insurance...

My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

POTT (post of the thread)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users