#1 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16658 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:09 AM

So, The Step Daughter moved her and Squeaks phone over to our family plan when they got here last year. We had their phone numbers ported over to our account.

The other day, the W/G was talking to her sister. In the conversation, it came up that Chris was calling the S/D a lot saying stuff like, "Why aren't the girls @this place?".

This has pricked up my ears. How does he know where Squeak and Stellie are or, aren't? Is there a way to track someone's position without them knowing it via cell phone? I don't see how it could happen without a warrant and it would have to go through the police/judges.

I know parents can put tracking apps on kids phones but, the S/D has a new phone and wiped her phone before she gave it to Squeak.

#2 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24171 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:13 AM

is he Facebook friends with your daughter? You can find nearby friends with Facebook.

#3 toonces

toonces

Methuselah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25397 posts
  • Locationthe atomic city

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:13 AM

So, The Step Daughter moved her and Squeaks phone over to our family plan when they got here last year. We had their phone numbers ported over to our account.

The other day, the W/G was talking to her sister. In the conversation, it came up that Chris was calling the S/D a lot saying stuff like, "Why aren't the girls @this place?".

This has pricked up my ears. How does he know where Squeak and Stellie are or, aren't? Is there a way to track someone's position without them knowing it via cell phone? I don't see how it could happen without a warrant and it would have to go through the police/judges.

I know parents can put tracking apps on kids phones but, the S/D has a new phone and wiped her phone before she gave it to Squeak.

I will get phone calls where *sometimes* the location is posted.  Except, it's generally a spoof robo/solicitation call.  IE, it posts a fake number and location.  And that maybe something you would want.  Or,  maybe already have?

#4 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21796 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 03 July 2020 - 04:50 PM

The phone itself can have a tracking app put onto it if that is what you are asking.

#5 dagomike

dagomike

Comptroller of CrapPapples

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12702 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:09 PM

Simplest solution is a find my phone app or social media.

#6 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11007 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:39 PM

Yep, I'd say an app on the phone.

#7 dave in indiana

dave in indiana

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4912 posts
  • Locationa bustle in your hedgerow

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:00 PM

iphone here ... there's a Find My friends app built in.  But you have to give access.  Also, my kids have snap chat and that has live location if they have it turned on.

#8 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23847 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:34 AM

keep in mind you are hearing this 3rd or 4th hand and one of those in the chain of communication is your step daughter. You have stated in the past that she is not always trust worthy, she might be embellishing the frequency or details

Edited by Sidney Porter, 04 July 2020 - 04:34 AM.

#9 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16658 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:26 AM

keep in mind you are hearing this 3rd or 4th hand and one of those in the chain of communication is your step daughter. You have stated in the past that she is not always trust worthy, she might be embellishing the frequency or details

I'm very aware of this.

This would be out of character for Chris. He doesn't give a Tinker's damn for the S/D.

He does love and care for the girls.

If he wanted any information from us, all he has to do is call.

This could very well be the S/D's "high school drama" where she is painting Chris as some kind of stalker or control freak. He has never shown any of that behavior to us. However, the S/D HAS shown her "I want everyone to be on my side" and will embellish the story to make herself look good.

#10 idajack

idajack

Werecomptroller

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4412 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:10 PM

If the SD’s phone is on your plan you should have access to the call log via the online bill. At least you used to be able to see what calls had been made/received.
Might wanna check that to verify. Especially if the SD might be angling to feck up Chris’ parenting time and life in general with stalker complaints.

#11 Bevis Christ

Bevis Christ

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36651 posts
  • LocationYou Mom’s house

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:53 AM

She shared the location

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gadgets, PHBT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users