#1 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21473 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:23 PM

The rona isolation side effects has been less camping, etc and apparently sun exposure. Was sitting a couple hours in the sun talking with some friends Sunday and skin was feeling pretty hot but no one else was complaining, eventually I requested we move to some shade. Holy shit did I get burnt bad (worst on my right leg), not sure I have even gotten burnt this bad. Next day walking around like burning muscle pain but deep in my skin. Skin still feels tight/dry/burny and lower right leg/ankle is swollen, some blisters here and there too.

Never would have imagined that effect from chilling a bit on a Sunday (vs passing out on a beach or something).

#2 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43120 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:06 AM

The rona isolation side effects has been less camping, etc and apparently sun exposure. Was sitting a couple hours in the sun talking with some friends Sunday and skin was feeling pretty hot but no one else was complaining, eventually I requested we move to some shade. Holy shit did I get burnt bad (worst on my right leg), not sure I have even gotten burnt this bad. Next day walking around like burning muscle pain but deep in my skin. Skin still feels tight/dry/burny and lower right leg/ankle is swollen, some blisters here and there too.

Never would have imagined that effect from chilling a bit on a Sunday (vs passing out on a beach or something).

Pods always has the best skin threads.

#3 pods8

pods8

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21473 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:25 AM

Raw skin.

#4 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83724 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:29 AM

I was always told growing up that it is easier to get a sunburn here due to the altitude (thinner atmosphere I guess). Colorado has the highest per-capita rate of skin cancer in the country so maybe there is something to that.

#5 pods8

pods8

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21473 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:31 AM

It definitely seems easier at altitude.

#6 porter

porter

Comptroller of Affairs with Potatoes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11452 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:46 AM

The UV exposure level increases even faster than O2 levels drop with elevation.

If you're a whitey and spend a lot of time outdoors, especially in the mountains, probably a good idea to find a dermatologist around age 40-45 and get a yearly full body skin exam.

I had a precancerous mole cut off my back at age 33.

#7 dondewey

dondewey

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3819 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:31 AM

Also, uv intensity went up during the time many of us were children and young adults, so it's probably going to be even worse for us than our parents.

#8 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23876 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:33 AM

Raw skin.

Seems like it is pretty well cooked at this point.

#9 pods8

pods8

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21473 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:24 PM

Vagus my leg is staging to peel in an epic (slightly concerning) manner... skin available lol.

My less burnt arms are peeling leaving raw skin in some places, my right leg front surface is all delaminating with fluid behind, it’s gonna be bad...

#10 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43120 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 24 May 2020 - 04:09 AM

Damn, sorry man.

And brb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users