#1 Bevis Christ

Bevis Christ

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36651 posts
  • LocationYou Mom’s house

Posted 06 April 2020 - 05:45 PM

Ok... I got most of everything in the ground yesterday before the ground before the rain started

In the raised bed-

Dill
Golden Pear Cherry tomato
2 x Super Sweet 100 Cherry Tomatoes
Sun Gold Tomato
Poblano
Jalapeño
Thai Chili

Various spots in the yard-

2 x Alma Paprike(paprika chili)
Habanero
Serrano
Cayenne
Carolina Reaper
Jalapeño
Shishito Sweet Pepper
Cherokee Green Tomato
Red Bell Pepper
Yellow Bell Pepper

I also planted 10 mounds of “Mammoth Russian” Sunflower seeds.

I have my seed starter atrium with Piri Piri Chili, Moulin Rouge Sunflower, and Plumeria seeds in Jiffy Peat pods as well. I figure whatever I can’t plant I’ll pawn off on my neighbors...

#2 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8875 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted 06 April 2020 - 06:19 PM

Put 35 lbs of potatoes in the ground on Saturday. Cabbage plants, broccoli and cauliflower. Direct seeded spinach and lettuce mix

#3 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16658 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 06 April 2020 - 06:35 PM

We have a few pepper plants, tomatoes, basil, oregano, sage, thyme, spinach, parsley, bok choi, cucumber, yellow and green squash, mustard greens and a few rows of beans. Oh and, celery.

#4 Mando

Mando

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44101 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:19 PM

Not sure if anyone else is in my climate (NH). Not sure if there is anything I could start now.

#5 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33769 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:22 PM

I have 2 avacado trees from last year in 30 gal pots. I'll probably plant them in the back yard this year. Also have 15 giant jalepenos starting from seeds on the back porch. Gonna give most of those to my FIL.

#6 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45695 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:43 PM

I have 4 of each in pots

Tomatillo
Jelly Bean cherry tomato
Better Boy tomato
Red Cherry tomato
Jubilee tomato
Sweet banana pepper
Serrano pepper
Jalapeno pepper
Cayenne pepper
Habanero pepper

I have 24 table cucumber vines on trellis in all 4 of my raised beds.

Two of my raised beds have a total of ten okra plants

One bed has 6 zucchini plants. The other has 4 brussel sprout plants and 4 artichoke plants.

I have quite a few flower beds.

Also 7 blueberry plants producing everyday, a big patch of wild blackberry plants producing daily right now. I also have 4 thornless blackberry plants and 4 thornless raspberry plants that will will produce in the fall and again in the spring. Also two apple trees that are flowering and setting fruit. A tangelo tree that is flowering big time and setting fruit, we planted it almot 16 years ago when Mico was born. A lemon tree that has been producing a ton of lemons. A grapefruit tree that we planted ten years ago and has yet to produce, but getting huge. I have two papaya trees getting big that will produce this fall. Also planted a winter avocado tree this year that will produce even when it gets 15° during winter. A 3 year old loquat tree and a 3 year old fig tree.

Got plans for banana patch and two 10ft grape arbors that should support 8 grape vines between the two.

Edited by Zaphod_Beeblebrox, 06 April 2020 - 07:51 PM.

#7 miccullen

miccullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64721 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:55 PM

feck u guys in your sub tropical zones!

I have spinach seeded in the raised beds, onion, green onions, peppers, lettuces mixes, cherry tomatoes, some flowers started under lights.

#8 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85641 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 02:01 AM

feck u guys in your sub tropical zones!

This. Today's about when I'd start seeds inside :P

#9 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16658 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 07 April 2020 - 06:39 AM

I'd love to grow some olive trees at my lake lot. Local nursery has several in stock and the guy says they will grow here as long as the soil is well drained.

#10 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11007 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 07 April 2020 - 06:43 AM

Started some seeds inside with the kids on Sunday.  Tomatoes, zucchini, red bell pepper and watermelon.  Will be planting squash, okra, onions, cucumbers, beans, sugar peas, and probably others I can't remember here in about a month.

#11 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65558 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 07 April 2020 - 07:30 AM

we're light this year, mostly going to tend to our plum trees, blueberry bushes and herbs.  next year we'll expand a bit

#12 Mando

Mando

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44101 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:18 AM

is it possible to start tomatoes without a grow light?  do I just need to get one of those trays and bring them outside every day?  I'm getting nervous i won't be able to buy plants this year  :unsure:  :crybaby:

#13 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45695 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:27 AM

is it possible to start tomatoes without a grow light? do I just need to get one of those trays and bring them outside every day? I'm getting nervous i won't be able to buy plants this year :unsure: :crybaby:

They don't need light at all while they germinate in a soil cup for 7 to 10 days, just needs to be kept moist. For the first two weeks after they break soil, they do great by a window that receives the most light. The warmer the cups get, the faster the seedlings grow. That is three to four weeks, you should be good to have them outside by then.

Edited by Zaphod_Beeblebrox, 07 April 2020 - 08:32 AM.

#14 Bevis Christ

Bevis Christ

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36651 posts
  • LocationYou Mom’s house

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:29 AM

is it possible to start tomatoes without a grow light?  do I just need to get one of those trays and bring them outside every day?  I'm getting nervous i won't be able to buy plants this year  :unsure:  :crybaby:

yes, get a seed tray with a lid, and place it near a window that it will get sun at... then when it sprouts start taking it outside during the day

#15 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • LocationBalmer, Merlin, Hon

Posted 07 April 2020 - 01:22 PM

ZIP

I'm moving. :(

#16 Mando

Mando

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44101 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 08 April 2020 - 10:46 AM

so I got a bunch of seeds.  not as many tomato varieties as I'd like but I'll call this plan B in the hopes of just being able to buy plants is still plan A.

I also bought a tray with the clear plastic lid and some potting soil.  any tips that I need to know?  I'm planning to put the tomatoes and pepper seeds in right now.  also some sweet basil.  in the past I always just planted the pole beans, cucumbers, zuch/squash when I transplanted the tomatoes to the real garden.  is that still the way to go or should I start any of these indoors?  I've got 72 little spots to start with.  I figure I can transplant to a plastic cup prior to moving outside if I need to.

#17 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45695 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 11:47 AM

Water the soil put the plastic lid on. If you don't see condensation during the day, check the soil to make sure it is still moist. After the seedlings break soil, don't put the lid back on.

#18 Mando

Mando

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44101 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:34 PM

Water the soil put the plastic lid on. If you don't see condensation during the day, check the soil to make sure it is still moist. After the seedlings break soil, don't put the lid back on.

hmmm - I wasn't planning on doing a whole tray of all of the same stuff.  what if some things come up earlier?

#19 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45695 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:45 PM

If you start it as a complete tray, the starters will stay for two weeks after they break soil. If you want to transplant some and leave some, use a small stirring spoon, slide it against the inside wall of the cell and that plant will lift out very easily.

You don't need a complete tray of the same plant, just make a key on a piece of paper.

#20 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22502 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:09 PM

Muh toe-maters have been going full time the last month and are already about 16” tall.

Muh peppers are about 12” and showing the first blossoms.

Basil went in the ground yesterday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users