#102 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16633 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:09 PM

My MIL used to have a female Chocolate Lab that was always skittish around wood floors. She would walk on tile and carpet just fine. She refused to walk on wood floors, though.

#103 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33762 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:19 PM

My MIL used to have a female Chocolate Lab that was always skittish around wood floors. She would walk on tile and carpet just fine. She refused to walk on wood floors, though.

Floor is lava. We've only done training for this 2x, so I have a strong suspicion he'll get over it.

#104 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33762 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:57 AM

Well, last night was a shit show literally. TPW took the gremlin to the beach and i think she had too much salt water because she had diarrhea everywhere 3 times. The last time st 1:45am she found my raycon earbuds on the night stand. Well ip68 ear buds may be slobber proof, but they aren't puppy teeth proof. Just glad I got to her before she could swallow them.

#105 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33762 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:43 PM

Praise Jibbers and pass the ammunition! Pepper finally used the dog door, went outside, and went pee all by herself!

#106 weeperabr

weeperabr

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9839 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:20 PM

Praise Jibbers and pass the ammunition! Pepper finally used the dog door, went outside, and went pee all by herself!

Just wait until you train a Human child to do that someday. You’ll really feel special then.

#107 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33762 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:26 AM

Just wait until you train a Human child to do that someday. You’ll really feel special then.

You're not making a good case for kids. Its been 4 weeks and the poop and pee cleanup is getting on my nerves. I can't imagine 2.5 years of this.

#108 toonces

toonces

Methuselah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25334 posts
  • Locationthe atomic city

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:32 AM

You're not making a good case for kids. Its been 4 weeks and the poop and pee cleanup is getting on my nerves. I can't imagine 2.5 years of this.

Listen to her, she's pre-med.

#109 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23817 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:02 PM

you have another month. But it will be an easier month. Dogs typically take 4 to 6 months to be house broken. Both of my labs were right at the 4 month window. Some of it is being big enough to hold it. We have bells that they ring when they want to go out there were times where we were not fast enough to let them out, you have the benefit of the doggy door

#110 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33762 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:41 PM

Yeah, im.liking the dog door. So far the puppy hasn't had an accident today. She's gone out on her own and with encouragement. But she's a digger and soon we'll have to keep an eye out for fence digging. The biggest thing right now is her older brother doesn't want to murder her anymore and they are best buddies. I can tell him to go get his sister and he'll go babysit her in the yard. She'll follow him.inside when he's ready. Its really cool.

#111 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85406 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:30 PM

If you've got dogs that use a dog door they will teach new pups how to use it

#112 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33762 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:28 AM

If you've got dogs that use a dog door they will teach new pups how to use it

She picked up the concept fast. We have one of those magnetic screen doors instead of a regular door so the dogs can get off the porch easy and the mosquitoes stay out. She runs thru that door at full speed in full on gremlin mode happy as a clam. Shes got to slow down for the dog door though since its higher.

#113 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45676 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:46 AM

Has the puppy excited biting gone down?

#114 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33762 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:05 AM

Has the puppy excited biting gone down?

A little, but it's more transference to her brother than anything. Her brother tried to murder her 10 minutes into her coming home and then 2 more times in the first week (all fear biting). I thought she'd be ruined and he wasn't going to tolerate a puppy. Now he's super tolerant and she's his best friend. They play for hours and she bites the shit out of him and he wrestles her around and knocks her down. But he goes in for more abuse so they have definitely made up and are happy now. I can even send him outside and tell him to watch her and he will make sure she doesn't get in too much trouble. It's quite the turn around in attitude and I'm hopeful he'll be more sociable around other dogs too.

Edited by SchwanzBrewer, 02 August 2020 - 08:05 AM.

#115 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45676 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:26 AM

Our puppy has just about stopped the excited biting. It was getting really old for 9 weeks, but we stayed patient knowing he would grow out of it and to not scold him past telling no bite, just kisses. We also praised him for the kisses. They say German Shepherds sound like they are killing each other when they play...its true. He is now becoming all legs at 3 months. Up to 30lbs. I'm ready for the puppy stage to be over.

itSm4yJ.jpg

cUjoJ50.jpg

Edited by Zaphod_Beeblebrox, 02 August 2020 - 08:27 AM.

#116 miccullen

miccullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64688 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:52 AM

happy looking pupper ZB!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users