#1 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8241 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:37 PM

So my MIL is generally a moron at life... I could literally write a few books...

In particular she's a tail end boomer. Can't see the forest for the trees, holds cash jobs and stupid shit like that. I've been dating / engaged  / married to SWMBO for 19 years last week.  MIL has never had a w-2 in that time.  

She's all kinds of pissed at me about this social distancing deal.

We're moving to our new house this weekend.  We're thrilled to be getting out of our shitty rental. Moving from a yard that can be mowed with 2 passes of the landlord's push mower, into 76 acres...Kids are thrilled, I'm thrilled. It's going to be glorious. 

Originally the plan was SWMBO's mom was going to watch the kids while family/friends helped us move.  We pulled the plug on family/friends 10 days ago and hired movers. 

This week, we realized MIL was a moron about social distancing and decided that SWMBO would just take the kids and go to the house early AM saturday to clean, do whatever.  I'll supervise the movers and such.  Admittedly I suggested it, SWMBO agreed my logic was sound tho...

Last weekend we were putting stuff in a storage barn at SWMBO's mom's place.  It's less than a mile from our new place and she has been gracious enough to let us store stuff there  as a staging point.  Mom shows up, wants to hug the kids right off. I told her to either do air hugs, or get the #### back in her car. She didn't take it well when SWMBO backed me. 

SWMBO found out this week that MIL was taking advantage of the low traffic and such to basically have lunch with a friend every day.  They just go in some place, get carryout and sit at a booth or table.  110% flaunting the shelter in place orders in the cincinnati tri state area. 

By joint decision, SWMBO and I decided I was the designated "out and about" person.  It's easier for one person to wash hands, sanitize, not touch their face, etc. Than 2 or more people.  I get the grocery pickup, run errands, etc.  

SWMBO's mom has told her she thinks I'm too controlling, Maybe SWMBO should seek out battered spouse, domestic abuse shelters, etc.  Threatened to call child services since we wouldn't let her hug her grandkids,..

Needless to say... imma pissed.  

I figure I'm 50/50 on having to draw down on this stupid bitch before it's all over.  She's 100% the type that would show up and push the issue.  I'm seriously considering telling her to GTFO once it is all over. 

PHBT... what would you don..

#2 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34439 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:46 PM

Buy a taser.

#3 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16448 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:47 PM

Enforce your boundaries, but be patient with the mentally ill.  They literally cannot help it.

#4 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8241 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:29 PM

Update... MIL stayed away.  I didn't have to tase or shoot her.  She didn't come around... #win. 

#5 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9962 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:43 PM

Update... MIL stayed away.  I didn't have to tase or shoot her.  She didn't come around... #win. 

Definitely a win.

Enforce your boundaries/social distancing without a second thought.  Your family's and your health/safety is more important than her feelings, misguided as they sound.  If your MIL can't abide by your wishes, she needs to stay the #### away.

And from what I'm hearing around here in Cincy, the cops aren't fecking around with people who are clearly violating DeWine's shelter-in-place order.  Ignoring it is irresponsibly stupid on many levels.

#6 miccullen

miccullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63646 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:52 PM

yeah, feck your MIL, and all the people who are saying "it's no biggie" "if I get it I get it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users