#1 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23762 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:39 PM

My neighbor and I caught the backyard neighbor with the yappy dogs in a lie.  Tried to blame the barking on someone else up on his street.  My neighbor knows otherwise.  But he had a great idea.  I own the land behind the bad neighbor.  Gumby (the neighbor on my street who has PTSD and is closer to the sound) suggested we put up a trail camera.

Thoughts on one that provides decent pictures and possibly sound?  Can they transmit in real time?  What should we be looking for?

#2 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111638 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:48 PM

Wouldn't it just be easier to, you know, country law?

#3 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23762 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:53 PM

Gumby has been wanting to shoot those feckers for a couple of years now.  But there are Village politics at play.  I keep hoping the Great Horned Owls that nest back there would earn their keep... or that a couple of coyotes would somehow find their way into the dudes backyard.  No such luck.

#4 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45970 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:55 PM

What is your end game here? Seems like a lot of work for ???

#5 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23762 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:02 PM

What is your end game here? Seems like a lot of work for ???

I'm willing to have citations issued until the Village Attorney grows a pair of balls and declares his dogs a nuisance and forces him to get rid of them.

This is the same guy that rides his snowmobile through town even though there is an ordinance prohibiting it.  Streets are never impassable.  He's too lazy to lazy to load it on the truck to drive it 8 blocks to the frozen lake like everyone else.  He's a colossal douchebag.  I tried playing nice with him, but am done.

#6 bierboy

bierboy

Comptroller of Temporary Pancakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13791 posts
  • LocationThe Firey Pits of Liberal Hell

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:17 PM

Go pester your local Police Chief if you want anything done. The Village is not going to do a thing. Put simply, the Village Board and Attorney don't need to deal with petty stuff like this.

I can tell you that I would never let any of this get to my City Council or let my attorney work on it without a request from the local Police Chief or County Sheriff. I bet your Administrator feels the same.

#7 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22715 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:19 PM

Is this the same guy that races the dirt bike up and down the street?

#8 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23762 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:25 PM

Go pester your local Police Chief if you want anything done. The Village is not going to do a thing. Put simply, the Village Board and Attorney don't need to deal with petty stuff like this.

I can tell you that I would never let any of this get to my City Council or let my attorney work on it without a request from the local Police Chief or County Sheriff. I bet your Administrator feels the same.

We have.  Gumby was on the Village Fire Department.  Knows the Chief.  Has called him numerous times.  Chief doesn't do shit about it, other than to give lip service that he'll have someone work on it.  5 Citations have been issued in the last 2 years.  

Keep in mind, this is a Village of 8,000.  The only items coming before the muni judge are traffic citations.  And don't give me that shit that this isn't something to be bothering them with.  The law is the law, and he violates the noise ordinance on a frequent basis. We have as much a right to have the noise stop as the guy on the corner that lives next to a stop sign having that enforced.  He knows he violates the noise ordinance and has even joked that the dogs are expensive.  This is a joke to him.

#9 bierboy

bierboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13791 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:31 PM

We have. Gumby was on the Village Fire Department. Knows the Chief. Has called him numerous times. Chief doesn't do shit about it, other than to give lip service that he'll have someone work on it. 5 Citations have been issued in the last 2 years.

Keep in mind, this is a Village of 8,000. The only items coming before the muni judge are traffic citations. And don't give me that shit that this isn't something to be bothering them with. The law is the law, and he violates the noise ordinance on a frequent basis. We have as much a right to have the noise stop as the guy on the corner that lives next to a stop sign having that enforced. He knows he violates the noise ordinance and has even joked that the dogs are expensive. This is a joke to him.

If the police are not going to do anything about it the you, my friend, are shit out of luck.

#10 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111638 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:32 PM

Isn't a village government pretty much tailor made for petty stuff? It's not like they're out there solving murders.

#11 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23762 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:41 PM

If the police are not going to do anything about it the you, my friend, are shit out of luck.

The police who do respond will issue the citations, but the asshat is always blaming someone else. The Chief won't confront the habitability of the offenses. Unless the ####ers are barking when they go up there, they can't issue a citation.  But... they have been able to issue on 5 occasions so long as someone is willing to file a complaint.  We just want the video proof to take in to show the habitual nature of the offenses without the dumbass saying it wasn't him.

And this thread isn't about what the police and Village can/won't/should/shouldn't do.  It's a question about trail cams that transmit the video.  

But thanks for your insight and expertise on the practices of the Village of McFarland.

#12 dave in indiana

dave in indiana

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4793 posts
  • Locationa bustle in your hedgerow

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:55 PM

Real time?   Go with a Spypoint.  https://www.spypoint...-link-dark.html

No contract, no monthly fees, 100 pictures a month, sent to your phone as it happens.

I'm running 6 of them.

#13 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45970 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:56 PM

I hate dogs that won't shit their yap so I say do what you have to do.

#14 bierboy

bierboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13791 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:00 PM

The police who do respond will issue the citations, but the asshat is always blaming someone else. The Chief won't confront the habitability of the offenses. Unless the ####ers are barking when they go up there, they can't issue a citation. But... they have been able to issue on 5 occasions so long as someone is willing to file a complaint. We just want the video proof to take in to show the habitual nature of the offenses without the dumbass saying it wasn't him.

And this thread isn't about what the police and Village can/won't/should/shouldn't do. It's a question about trail cams that transmit the video.

But thanks for your insight and expertise on the practices of the Village of McFarland.

I am giving you insights as a municipal Administrator in Wisconsin. You can do the trailcam thing, but you still have to get the cops to give a damn. They are the ones that have the power to do something.

#15 bierboy

bierboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13791 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:09 PM

Your getting a new Administrator. You can try him/her when he/she starts which should be pretty soon.

#16 BuxomBrewster

BuxomBrewster

Snow White

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8251 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:23 PM

I got one for the dogs across the street.  For at least a month or two, just the presence of the camera got them to lock their dogs up.  Not anymore.  I wasn't trying to get the dogs to shut up, they were going over the electric fence and chased my daughter up the street, 3 GSDs, and it wasn't playful.  I had to unleash my GSD on them to protect her.  

The dogs are out all the time again.  They got rid of the female, who was the one leading the charge over the fence.  Now we just get nuisance barking.  I will eventually work on training my dog to not react to them at 5 am every day, hopefully waking their 10 children and getting them to lock up their dogs at night.  Not sure it will work, but I get up that early anyway.

#17 oui per

oui per

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9496 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:54 PM

Keep in mind, this is a Village of 8,000.

- you admit you live in a village. Don’t you need to keep him around as the Idiot? ;)

Isn't a village government pretty much tailor made for petty stuff? It's not like they're out there solving murders.

They might be if Deer doesn’t get this resolved!

#18 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23762 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:36 PM

- you admit you live in a village. Don’t you need to keep him around as the Idiot? ;)

Based on the postings to the 2 FB pages, I'd say that we have way, way more than our fair share. In fact, if anyone is in need of a Village Idiot, we have plenty to spare.

#19 Dave

Dave

Grammaraticus of Titty Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32121 posts
  • LocationLugnar Island

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:22 AM

Unless the ####ers are barking when they go up there, they can't issue a citation. 

Ask Ol'Rudest where to buy a dog whistle.

Every time you call the cops, blow that whistle like hell and get those dogs really wound up.

Hook it up to an air pump and let it go all night and keep calling the cops about the late night barking.

#20 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

Comptroller of Hot Flashes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1827 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NY

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:28 AM

Ask Ol'Rudest where to buy a dog whistle.

Every time you call the cops, blow that whistle like hell and get those dogs really wound up.

Hook it up to an air pump and let it go all night and keep calling the cops about the late night barking.

I like how you think!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users