#1 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45968 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:10 AM

What do people have lined up?  Since this is about the only thing we can do for the foreseeable future i'll probably get a lot done.  The next few days the weather looks reasonable enough for some outside work before the rain starts rolling in.  I may pick up my patio project and get that moving forward.  This is going to be a banner project year.  I still have lots of stone ready for completing the second stone wall and starting the second patio area.  Probably at least two solid months of materials available.  After that there's grading to do and starting the fencepost digging for the new fence.

#2 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82543 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:12 AM

I've gotta cut down some shrubs that are overgrown and probably add some soil to the raspberry beds, but the big one is gonna be trying to turn my backyard from dirt into grass...

#3 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111633 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:13 AM

Plant more grass, dig out a couple of garden areas. Maybe build a little bar that can be accessed from the pool.

I sit the seasonal swap of the snowblower for the mower in the shed yesterday.

#4 Mando

Mando

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41561 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:21 AM

I'm wondering if I'm actually going to get less done since my ability to get my work done is being so negatively impacted by being stuck at home with 2 small kids and a wife that also needs to get her work done.

#5 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45968 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:34 AM

I'm wondering if I'm actually going to get less done since my ability to get my work done is being so negatively impacted by being stuck at home with 2 small kids and a wife that also needs to get her work done.

Yeah, most of my gained efficiency will be from not traveling for work and not shuttling kids around to sports/friends/sleepovers. If your kids are too young for those things it's probably not a big gain.

#6 Mando

Mando

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41561 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:36 AM

Yeah, most of my gained efficiency will be from not traveling for work and not shuttling kids around to sports/friends/sleepovers. If your kids are too young for those things it's probably not a big gain.

I mean - I'd have some sports but only a few days a week at this age.

#7 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45968 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:39 AM

I usually have the kids with me whenever i'm not traveling so not only am i not traveling but i am also kid free 50% of the time. I'm still busy with work but i'm anticipating things will slow down a little over the next few weeks. It's still been pretty hectic on the work front.

#8 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8240 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:48 AM

We're moving into the house this weekend.  Need to establish a garden next.  Once we get final grade around the house, we're going to put in a strip of rock 2' wide all the way around.  Depending on how long this goes on... I might build a deck.

#9 Buzz Buzzard

Buzz Buzzard

Comptroller of Fanatical Political Expressionism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12074 posts
  • LocationHere, not there.

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:55 AM

awesome
I've got a small garden planned, seeds etcc for it.

#10 Mc Ski

Mc Ski

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35300 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:06 AM

I just tilled and planted my veggie bed on Saturday. I took the pond/liner out of the ground last fall(too much work to maintain) and I’ve been filling the hole gradually with compost matter.(lawn clippings mostly, some veggie cuttings, steer manure, and soil) The plan is to fill the hole then after a few months turn the soil up in the whole atrium and go from there. I may or may not do a pond again, but I will be planting in there for sure. I just took some cuttings from the rather healthy plumeria I have in the front yard and will be treating them with rooting hormone to place in the backyard.

#11 davelew

davelew

Comptroller of ACMSO That Are Not Beans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14008 posts
  • LocationReading, Massachusetts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:20 AM

Just had four trees taken down, three small and one big.  I was the last stop of the tree service before the shutdown.  My plan was to use the logs for fill, and have a couple yard of soil delivered to re-grade part of my yard.  For now, I'm just going to move the logs around to stage them for when I can get soil delivered.  I may also use them to start building a mini retaining wall with half buried vertical logs and some large rocks. 

#12 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22367 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:26 AM

Fertilizer/weed control/bug/pest killer went on the lawn last weekend.

Also went by the nursery for fresh shrubs and flowers for the bed. Also got 15 bags of mulch.

Wife is spending her forced unemployment doing our flowerbeds this week. 

I plan to pick up a pallet of #2 bricks from the brick company to fill sinkholes in my bottom pasture from all the rain over the winter. 

#13 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38063 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:01 PM

Got a lot to rake up. I’ve got a bunch of trees and they drop debris all year. I usually plant a bunch of marigolds around the deck, but if that happens this year it won’t be for another month plus. Might need to get some mulch. I can’t wait til it’s warm so I can sit outside and smoke joints all day til I can go back to work

#14 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8798 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:16 PM

Lots and lots of trees coming down. Clearing a driveway to the shop. Then many more trees after that to expand my yard.

#15 TimE

TimE

Peacock Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:53 PM

Building a chicken coop

#16 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2544 posts
  • LocationBalmer, Merlin, Hon

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:39 AM

Building a chicken coop

You so have to start a thread on this.

Denny Conn said he really likes paying $40 for an egg.

#17 BuxomBrewster

BuxomBrewster

Snow White

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8251 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:47 AM

I'm going to fix up the duck yard.  I need a good fence, clean out the house and make it predator proof, etc.

I'm not building more raised beds, I think.  If I do, it will only be 4 or so, and I won't be building them myself, Robert will.

About to go clean up a raised bed for spinach.  Maybe plant peas and fava beans too.  

#18 Augie91

Augie91

Rocket

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19466 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:25 PM

I got out the weed eater today and buzzed all the dead growth.  Raked it up with the leaves I missed in the fall and bagged it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users