Photo

Maybe it's for the best that everybody is staying at home...

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 jimdkc

jimdkc

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2174 posts
  • LocationIndependence, MO

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:04 AM

I bought a firearm...

This stuff's just getting too scary... I try not to get paranoid, but I'd rather be safe.

#2 Mando

Mando

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41561 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:05 AM

myron_reducto_by_mikepetrucci.jpg

#3 Dave

Dave

Grammaraticus of Titty Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32121 posts
  • LocationLugnar Island

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:41 AM

I bought a firearm...

This stuff's just getting too scary... I try not to get paranoid, but I'd rather be safe.

Make sure you get high capacity clips!

#4 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82543 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:45 AM

Trying to convince the wife we should get one. She wants to wait until it gets bad enough to need one. I keep telling her that would be too late...

#5 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42391 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:48 AM

Someone broke into our car around 4 am. Hardly a *break in* because someone left it unlocked. But it was enough to gain access to the garage remote and open the garage door.

I wish they'd stuck around so i could ask them what they wanted, but they didn't. I probably should've come on a little quieter, but #### waking me up at 4 when the kid already woke me up at 2 ... 3 ...

#6 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63459 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:51 AM

Trying to convince the wife we should get one. She wants to wait until it gets bad enough to need one. I keep telling her that would be too late...

yup, sadly my wife is like that as well.  I think she's beginning to have a change of heart on it these days.  around here a lot of shops are selling out FAST of ammo and guns.  nobody has 9mm. .40s&w, .38spcl and .45acp around here, only a scattered few boxes of 223/5.56 anymore as well.  .22 might be the best option for you today.  seems to be plenty of .22 around lately, but I'm sure that will get low also soon.

#7 Mando

Mando

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41561 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:52 AM

it's already pretty much too late to buy any thing that you think you are the first one to realize you might need.  simple situational awareness will likely be enough to save your ass in most situations.

#8 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22715 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:52 AM

Someone broke into our car around 4 am. Hardly a *break in* because someone left it unlocked. But it was enough to gain access to the garage remote and open the garage door.

I wish they'd stuck around so i could ask them what they wanted, but they didn't. I probably should've come on a little quieter, but #### waking me up at 4 when the kid already woke me up at 2 ... 3 ...

we park 2 cars in the garage and 2 outside. The outside cars do not get remotes for this very reason

#9 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63459 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:53 AM

this may have been a bit much 

#10 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42391 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:06 AM

we park 2 cars in the garage and 2 outside. The outside cars do not get remotes for this very reason

We rotate cars to keep in the garage based on whatever the wife is driving. I'll start locking the garage doors down at night and checking the cars. There was no danger of these kids penetrating the house proper, but any penetration is still rape. Even looking at my house from the street is rape.

#11 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22715 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:07 AM

I bought a firearm...

I own a couple 22lr rifles and a 12 guage. I gave away my ammo in one of my relocations. It was against policy to move. I never replaced it since I wasn't shooting or hunting.
Last week I found myself stressed about if something did happen and I couldn't do anything about it. Thursday I picked up 450 rounds (400 - 22lr and 50 shells). My stress level went down.

For a lot of people on this site 450 rounds it nothing. But I don't think we are going to have the walking dead, but could we have a break in? I think I would be ok

#12 jimdkc

jimdkc

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2174 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:10 AM

I've actually been thinking about this for a while, so it wasn't a rash decision. It just seemed like time.

Discussed it with the wife... She has no problem with it. 

I was kinda limited in what I could buy based on what was available near me (ended up with a Ruger 9mm). Finding ammo was actually harder than finding the gun. 

#13 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63459 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:12 AM

I own a couple 22lr rifles and a 12 guage. I gave away my ammo in one of my relocations. It was against policy to move. I never replaced it since I wasn't shooting or hunting.
Last week I found myself stressed about if something did happen and I couldn't do anything about it. Thursday I picked up 450 rounds (400 - 22lr and 50 shells). My stress level went down.

For a lot of people on this site 450 rounds it nothing. But I don't think we are going to have the walking dead, but could we have a break in? I think I would be ok

if we had TWD i would want more like 45000 rounds.  450 is more of a looting and general urban chaos quantity to get you thru until troops rescued you.

#14 armagh

armagh

Grumpy Frost Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6633 posts
  • LocationBandit Country

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:14 AM

I routinely have 1,000 rounds of .45 acp and 9mm on hand plus 500 rounds each for the AK47 and AK74 SBR in addition to 3 loaded 30-round mags for each.  

#15 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23547 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:16 AM

I've actually been thinking about this for a while, so it wasn't a rash decision. It just seemed like time.

Discussed it with the wife... She has no problem with it. 

I was kinda limited in what I could buy based on what was available near me (ended up with a Ruger 9mm). Finding ammo was actually harder than finding the gun. 

ruger sr9? love it, if so!

#16 jimdkc

jimdkc

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2174 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:19 AM

Nope... EC9s

I hope that doesn't make everybody cringe! Wanted something immediately available and didn't want to break the bank.

#17 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21242 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:23 AM

I’m good... though a biometric safe for upstairs wouldn’t hurt as all the guns are locked in the basement

#18 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23547 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:24 AM

Nope... EC9s

I hope that doesn't make everybody cringe! Wanted something immediately available and didn't want to break the bank.

haven't shot on personally, but i have a friend that has one, and he loves it!

#19 BuxomBrewster

BuxomBrewster

Snow White

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8251 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:24 AM

I've had one for years.  I don't shoot it much, but it's there.  It's a cute little revolver.  I got it so that I can get a conceal carry if necessary.  I'm a small person, and it's small enough that I can hide it on myself.  It's not really powerful, but it will sting if I hit you.  I also have a 20 gauge shot gun for hunting.  I grew up in a VERY anti-gun household.  After having to deal with predators, I'm glad I know how to shoot and protect myself and my livestock.  When there was a sick, dangerous looking racoon wandering in my front yard, being able to shoot it with a .22 and know that it wasn't going to attack me or my dogs or my geese was a good thing.

#20 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45969 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:25 AM

I'll stick with Kevin McAllister-style booby traps, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users