20 replies to this topic

#1 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12727 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:04 AM

Ordered 700 pcs. of a custom printed item in December for delivery before a January event. 350 of them showed up late, meaning they could not be distributed at the event. Vendor promised delivery on time. Vendor wouldn't respond to emails until February and eventually capitulated and said he would issue a full refund, which is what I asked for. Refund didn't show up after a few days so I asked why. Got a rude response back telling me I was wrong on the quantity delivered and I should expect at least a few weeks for the refund because I am low priority and the delivery was late because I live in the middle of nowhere, lol. A few weeks puts me past the deadline for dispute with PayPal and I have been way too patient with this dick to begin with, so I am filing a dispute, as I should have done a while ago.

Anyhow, any experience with how cooperative PayPal is with these things? My case seems cut and dry to me.

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15736 posts
  • LocationPalmer, MA

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:14 AM

Only dispute I had was a long time ago and I had less to go on than you did and won. I think with all you have and I assume they are e-mails you should be good to go.

#3 Ineedacatscan

Ineedacatscan

Comptroller of BAW!!!1!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4032 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:15 AM

As a customer they were pretty responsive. You may have a tough time if he claims that the full quantity was delivered unless you can prove it. It will still take some time to get your refund.

Was it Brownbeard that had the tough time as a seller? They froze his assets or something.

#4 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15736 posts
  • LocationPalmer, MA

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:17 AM

Was it Brownbeard that had the tough time as a seller? They froze his assets or something.

It was and I think he posted that in the end he got it all back but it took a looooong time.

#5 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12727 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:20 AM

As a customer they were pretty responsive. You may have a tough time if he claims that the full quantity was delivered unless you can prove it. It will still take some time to get your refund.

I can prove it. I have exactly half the order (counted by hand) in the box it was delivered in. The box and packing slip both say 350 pcs. on them.

#6 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29802 posts
  • LocationKC - Kansas side

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:22 AM

I had a small dollar dispute - item no show.  Filed with paypal.  Seller would not respond. Let paypal know, had and account credit in about 2 days and a credit on my CC showed up today.

#7 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23452 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:23 AM

I think the brownbeard issue was with some type of vendor number related to the company. It got incorrect stuck in some fraud bucket. I don't think it was a customer dispute

#8 Ineedacatscan

Ineedacatscan

Comptroller of BAW!!!1!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4032 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:25 AM

I can prove it. I have exactly half the order (counted by hand) in the box it was delivered in. The box and packing slip both say 350 pcs. on them.

Slam dunk then.

I definitely wouldn’t hesitate to initiate. Especially since the seller is being a prick about it.

#9 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23452 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:26 AM

I think the brownbeard issue was with some type of vendor number related to the company. It got incorrect stuck in some fraud bucket. I don't think it was a customer dispute

#10 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112411 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:27 PM

Only ever done it once. They came through.

#11 Vin Affleck

Vin Affleck

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36408 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:05 PM

Geez....PayPal is soo MySpace

#12 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112411 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:47 PM

Not really. It's still the standard. Now you have some competing services like venmo, which I guess you could say is akin to Google Circles. Time will tell if it actually becomes the new standard or fades away.

#13 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84496 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:57 PM

Not really. It's still the standard. Now you have some competing services like venmo, which I guess you could say is akin to Google Circles. Time will tell if it actually becomes the new standard or fades away.

This. Don't believe the hype! "PayPal is for boomers" is the equivalent of "bitcoin is the currency of the future", it's what college kids say, and we all know better than to listen to those idiots.

#14 Vin Affleck

Vin Affleck

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36408 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:48 PM

Apple Pay works for me

#15 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84496 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:57 PM

Hipster

#16 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112411 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:00 PM

Some day, you won't even need your entire phone to make a payment. You'll be able to do it with just a thin plastic card that slides into your wallet.

#17 Vin Affleck

Vin Affleck

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36408 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:34 PM

Dude... Do you even In Time?

#18 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12727 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:16 AM

PayPal ####ed me. Cut and dry case and they told me I lost the dispute because the vendor provided a tracking number that the order was delivered. That was never the dispute. The dispute was that only half the order was delivered after the agreed upon deadline. I told them I could provide the the packing slip and tracking to prove that and they never asked to see it. Now they've closed the case and it doesn't look like I have any further way to escalate this. 

#19 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112411 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:48 AM

Sorry to hear that.  I've only had one dispute ever, and I got a full refund and a free toy car out of it.  I did attach a shit ton of screen shots and documentation to support my case, though... not sure if that helped.  I would say just just try and backcharge from your credit card if you aren't getting satisfaction from Paypal.  It sounds like it was indeed fraud.

#20 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12727 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:15 AM

Its as if they never bothered to look at the information they were given. I’ll see if the credit card will give me any satisfaction but in the meantime I am finished with PayPal. I’ve never looked... Are there any generally accepted alternatives to Paypal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users