#1 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14817 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:35 AM

Just ordered lighting for the Duramax. My goal is to have various lighting options when I need them and have the lights mounted in a clean and inconspicuous way. These lights will be used out in the country where I live and for working around the truck at home or the campground. I will not be obnoxious like others using these lights on highways or in town just to be cool. 

I will be putting a 31" single row spot/flood combo 150w 14500 lumen bar behind the grill.

A pair of  2" 40w 2600 lumen flood beams in the front bumper. Im mounting these low and will index them downwards so I can use them as fogs without blinding other drivers. These 2" lights are not SAE J583 compliant. But, if I cant get them indexed properly I wont use them unless there is actual fog which in that case I should be good. 

A pair of 4" flush mount pods in the rear bumper to light up space behind the truck when needed. I also will be putting in low profile pods in the bed so I can see at night under the tonneau cover. The switch for these will be mounted in the bed easily reachable from the back of the truck. Added bed lights to the Tacoma and loved it.  All other lights will be on individual switches mounted in the overhead console. 

This lighting will match the high output LED lights in my new tow mirrors. I have those wired so when I put the truck in reverse the mirror LED's and cargo lights in the top of the cab light up. They are also wired so if I hit the OEM cargo lamp switch in the cab the mirrors and the cargo lights up. Im already digging that when I put the truck into reverse at night I can see all the way behind my camper through my tinted front glass. With the old mirrors I would have to roll down the windows to see the mirrors. I also upgraded the cargo bulbs to high output LED.

Im trying to decide for the stock high beams replacing those with Phillips X-tremes or Sylvania Silver Star while keeping my low beams stock. I was originally just going to go with LED low beams for the OEM but they are pricey and I couldn't find much info on how well they work in Chevy projectors. I cant upgrade my OEM low beams to the Phillips or Sylvania because those have a life of 300hrs while my truck uses the low beam as DRL making that not an option. 

Light is King! 

Edited by BlKtRe, 13 February 2020 - 09:39 AM.

#2 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20306 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:44 AM

What color are your truck nutz?

#3 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14817 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:50 AM

What color are your truck nutz?

Between 5-6000k. You will be able to see me tea-bagging. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users