Photo

At what age do you anticipate death?

PHBT timewaster

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Self Death Poll (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Approximately what age do expect to die?

1. I won’t make it beyond 50 (1 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

2. 51-60 (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. 61-70 (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

4. 71-80 (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

5. 81-90 (11 votes [34.38%])

Percentage of vote: 34.38%

6. 91 or more (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 wpr

wpr

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9149 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:57 AM

Just wondering.

#2 Dave

Dave

Grammaraticus of Titty Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31356 posts
  • LocationLugnar Island

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:59 AM

We can't go out pantless?

Edited by Dave, 26 December 2019 - 06:59 AM.

#3 dagomike

dagomike

Comptroller of CrapPapples

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11285 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 07:02 AM

After the last two day food and booze bender, I'm surprised I woke up this morning.

I think quality of life is more important than a number. Probably better off checking out once you're sedentary in front of a TV all day and don't have all your marbles. 

#4 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81140 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 07:24 AM

I'd like to say 90+ but it seems like people in my family check out around 85. I did have a great grandma who lived to be 104 so you never know.

#5 wpr

wpr

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9149 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 07:24 AM

I have no doubt I’ll live longer than I want to.

#6 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 62537 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 26 December 2019 - 07:25 AM

I'm gonna live forever!!!

#7 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5378 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:00 AM

The non smokers in my family live a long time, a few into the 100s and most of the others well into their 90s. That's living on a Lithuanian diet where everything has bacon grease as an ingredient.

#8 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41611 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:14 AM

Soon. Maybe in my 40s. Ideally the kids are out of the house.

#9 BeersBeers24/7

BeersBeers24/7

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5702 posts
  • LocationAshevegas!

Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:18 AM

We'll see, put 70s-80, but with my stress level at work, who knows. I did do a home EKG thing and all looked good, so have that going for me.

#10 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37295 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:36 AM

Well, I guess this poll has me getting to at least 50

#11 LibraAle

LibraAle

Comptroller of Nuns and Apostles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1941 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:45 AM

I have no doubt I’ll live longer than I want to.

My mother turned 88 this month and is pissed that she survived a serious illness in the spring, especially since she knows that she lost a couple of marbles.

#12 wpr

wpr

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9149 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:16 AM

We'll see, put 70s-80, but with my stress level at work, who knows. I did do a home EKG thing and all looked good, so have that going for me.

An at-home EKG?
Sounds legit ;)

My mother turned 88 this month and is pissed that she survived a serious illness in the spring, especially since she knows that she lost a couple of marbles.

I hear you. My grandmother reluctantly lived until 97. Buried 2 husbands and 2 children. It was not fun for her or anyone else around her.

#13 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35605 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:16 AM

Does anyone "anticipate" death?  Unless someone has a terminal illness, I don't know.  If the question was "how long do you think you'll live?" I might say 81-90.  Both of my grandmothers lived into their mid-90s.  My mom is 86 and my dad is 91.  My dad still bowls, golfs and drives.  We appear to have good genetics.  We have no cancer history in our family except for an uncle who smoked 4 packs a day which resulted in lung cancer.  There was an aunt on my mom's side who had a stroke later in life.  My mom has smoked all her life and still smokes.  My dad also smoked his whole life but quit about 12 years ago.  I have never smoked but I may drink more than my dad does and my diet may or may not be as good as his.  Lots of variables.  

#14 wpr

wpr

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9149 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:20 AM

I’d genuinely be shocked if I died earlier than 85. I guess that’s why I consider it anticipation.

It’s all because I drink a lot of water and always have. I expect that to keep me alive for a long time.

No smoking, occasional drinking and no street drugs. I also express myself very well. No bottled up emotions...

Edited by wpr, 26 December 2019 - 09:23 AM.

#15 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35605 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:28 AM

I’d genuinely be shocked if I died earlier than 85. I guess that’s why I consider it anticipation.

It’s all because I drink a lot of water and always have. I expect that to keep me alive for a long time.

No smoking, occasional drinking and no street drugs. I also express myself very well. No bottled up emotions...

Also, take a look at DD's signature.  There are probably a thousand different ways to say that but it's a good idea.  "Letting things roll off your back", etc. is really important because you don't spend time getting snagged on the small stuff.  This is my dad... simple, flexible, happy, blissfully relaxed, generally speaking.  Everyone has tense or anxious moments and that can't be helped.  But others seem to look for things to wring their hands over time and time again even when it seems like a small thing.  That will kill you early.  :P

#16 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28841 posts
  • LocationKC - Kansas side

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:30 AM

#17 wpr

wpr

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9149 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:31 AM

Agree with you, Pemb. All that said, I always had a concern that my ex would die in his 50s. Lifestyle, but a majority of it was that he keeps everything bottled up. Stress will absolutely kill you.

I hope I’m wrong. I would not like to see my children lose their dad in the next 12 years. Too soon, for sure. Maybe things are better for him now.

Edited by wpr, 26 December 2019 - 09:32 AM.

#18 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35605 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:37 AM

Agree with you, Pemb. All that said, I always had a concern that my ex would die in his 50s. Lifestyle, but a majority of it was that he keeps everything bottled up. Stress will absolutely kill you.

I hope I’m wrong. I would not like to see my children lose their dad in the next 12 years. Too soon, for sure. Maybe things are better for him now.

The trick there is... try your best not to let there be anything to be bottled up.  I agree about bottling it up... probably not healthy.  My point is to do your best not to let things bother you and thus... nothing to bottle up.  That may be easier said than done and it might be out of one's control.  My wife gets snagged on everything and it consumes her.  I simply don't sweat the small stuff.  She may look at me as lazy or uncaring but that's not accurate.  I'm not lazy or uncaring, I just assess things and determine what's important and what needs to be addressed and what is not important.  She always seems to have a hurricane of uncertainty around her but that's how she's wired.  

#19 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22993 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:49 AM

Growing up, I told a lot of people I wouldn't live past 18. When I was 18, i coded twice, was brain dead for over a day, and in a coma for several days. I dont play that guessing game anymore.

#20 wpr

wpr

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9149 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:53 AM

Growing up, I told a lot of people I wouldn't live past 18. When I was 18, i coded twice, was brain dead for over a day, and in a coma for several days. I dont play that guessing game anymore.

Based on some of your responses, Some might say your brain is still dead :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PHBT, timewaster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users