#1 No Party JKor

No Party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64408 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

I don't know if you all remember when I posted my ghetto fermentation chamber, but it got it's first real test tonight. I've been using it to maintain temps in my ferments and it's been doing well. Tonight I had my Mild in a D-rest around 72 and I decided to start to chill it back down in anticipation of transferring to kegs tomorrow. I guess I didn't really have any expectations about how fast it would cool it down, but I went downstairs about 90 minutes later and it was already under 60. The chamber temp was in the upper 30s and it's not even insulated. I'm pretty impressed, I must say. Air conditioners rock.

#2 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:23 PM

Sounds great JK. I remember your post awhile back about your fermentation chamber. Sounds like its working well for you. I hope this continues to go well and future brews as well. :smilielol:

#3 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18108 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:27 AM

I don't know if you all remember when I posted my ghetto fermentation chamber, but it got it's first real test tonight. I've been using it to maintain temps in my ferments and it's been doing well. Tonight I had my Mild in a D-rest around 72 and I decided to start to chill it back down in anticipation of transferring to kegs tomorrow. I guess I didn't really have any expectations about how fast it would cool it down, but I went downstairs about 90 minutes later and it was already under 60. The chamber temp was in the upper 30s and it's not even insulated. I'm pretty impressed, I must say. Air conditioners rock.

I was amazed how fast the AC would cool down the small chamber I had. Granted, mine was insulation and I did not follow the proper ghetto construction techniques. I am in the process of building a better unit. 6x6x3 so that it will fit a conical some carboys and some kegs that are conditioning. Of course with the addition coming any day I am not sure when it will get done hopefully before July!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users