193 replies to this topic

#1 wpr

wpr

Aw, nice avatar Weeper.

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8522 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

Because I just got a personal loan and quit my job via email and it feels fantastic.

I have not made good choices in 2019 and this is surely the icing on my shit cake. Still. I feel I am right on the verge of something wonderful.

I’m going to turn this all around soon

But for now, I’m free

And always going to be poor. Well. Not really, the loan will cover me. But I’m not going to think about interest. Let’s just say that.

Still feels fantastic.

Edited by wpr, 21 November 2019 - 08:44 PM.

#2 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7788 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

WTF...

That is all.

#3 wpr

wpr

Aw, nice avatar Weeper.

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8522 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:44 PM

I know. It’s so irresponsible but it feels amazing.

#4 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34782 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:46 PM

Holy shit! Sincerely?

#5 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7788 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:47 PM

I know. It’s so irresponsible but it feels amazing.

Go ahead and go with that sentiment.

It'll wear off tomorrow.

#6 Area Man

Area Man

Comptroller of Geometry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8706 posts
  • LocationAbilizzle

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:55 PM

Well, :cheers:

#7 Chips O Toole

Chips O Toole

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33536 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:57 PM

I’m smelling “Find the Basketball Diaries...”

She totally wants to go “Punisher” mode on her Boss, but her obligations/ self control got the better of her...

KDITN

#8 wpr

wpr

Aw, nice avatar Weeper.

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8522 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:02 PM

Well, :cheers:

Thank you. Because it’s celebration time.

It’s real ####ing simple. I will cut off my nose to spite my face if it means my heart is at peace.

I will not go into work with shaking hands every day. It changes you. You come home to your children like a beast.

There are other jobs and it’s only money. I’m not losing my house. I have an 814 credit score so I may as well #### that up too this year. :)

#9 Corbin

Corbin

Comptroller of Annoying-assed Threads That Go Too Freaking Long

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9450 posts
  • LocationSt. louis, Mo.

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:09 PM

Did you send the email as a .csv file?  

Good luck with the next step!

#10 wpr

wpr

Aw, nice avatar Weeper.

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8522 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:11 PM

LOL
I’m covered for 6 months.
No one worry. It’s really going to be okay

#11 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34782 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:18 PM

I'm all for the drink and I'm all for the 'feeling amazing' but I didn't expect this based on what you shared earlier.  I mean, what you shared suggested that your office manager was an assbag but I really didn't see it as that big of a deal unless something else happened today.  Care to share how you left?  Did you do the "It's feck this shit o'clock" thing?  :lol:

#12 wpr

wpr

Aw, nice avatar Weeper.

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8522 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:36 PM

I'm all for the drink and I'm all for the 'feeling amazing' but I didn't expect this based on what you shared earlier. I mean, what you shared suggested that your office manager was an assbag but I really didn't see it as that big of a deal unless something else happened today. Care to share how you left? Did you do the "It's feck this shit o'clock" thing? :lol:

Owner/Boss called me Into his office around 4:30 for a chat. I really expected to be let go, honestly.

He basically told me that the office manager was not comfortable handing over the procedures yet. She doesn’t trust me and thinks I’m frustrated with their process and can’t take constructive criticism.

I didn’t quit but I left the discussion thinking, No problem. Shuffle your own papers. I took my favorite ruler with me when I left.

Applied for the loan at 5:20 and was approved by 9:06. Sent my resignation at 9:09pm.

Today’s insult was when I asked for the access to searchable PDFs in order to complete certified payroll reports. She scoffed and said “No, we look those up in the binders.” So I carried 2000 pages of 4 inch binders back to my desk.

As I said. The “new age” tools are there to be used but they’re not trusted. There’s no reason a searchable PDF can’t be used instead of me flipping through a binder. I think she just wanted to punish me at that point. She’s just being a bitch to prove a point, that was evident today.

I spent the entire day in these binders copying data and she still cane to me at 3:30 and said “that’s all you finished?” So, yeah. I’m good.

Someone here said it the other day. She likes that it’s a patch job mess because she’s the only one who can manage it. I came in and started to unravel it. It would have taken some time.

I already found several errors in her triple keying methods and she knows that. It wasn’t like I was going to tell on her but I would have improved it. I’m sure she knew I was onto her, this was self preservation.

No biggie. Plenty of other kinds of bitches in the workplace. I’ll find another.

Edited by wpr, 21 November 2019 - 09:39 PM.

#13 wpr

wpr

Aw, nice avatar Weeper.

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8522 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:47 PM

Owner told me that the office manager did not have “any need” for my “knowledge base“ in payroll or excel.

That’s why I quit.

~~~~ dear OWNER.

I appreciate your feedback today and want to acknowledge that I genuinely understand where you and LLLLLL are coming from.

That said, knowing that LLLLL does not have any appreciation, want or need for my knowledge base around payroll processing and/or Excel was the only reason I may have appeared frustrated this past week. To be totally honest, it was genuinely surprising to me. During my third interview with LLLLL, she specifically mentioned that your team needed someone that knew Excel well, and that you hadn’t had someone like that in a long time. She said I would be filling an important void. This led me to believe that some minor input would be welcome. I expected to add value to the team in that small way, but, its clear that I misinterpreted the comment.

More importantly, based on the amount of ups and downs already, I am certain that a working relationship with LLLLLL would remain hot and cold. As a new hire, I anticipated consistent patience and warmth this early in the game, at least while I was learning the ropes.

Therefore, based on the reasons above, it’s best that I resign immediately. A formal letter is attached. ~~~~~ is aware of the overpayment in my prior check, as described in the letter. I wanted to acknowledge this in writing for her records.

I am truly sorry this did not work out, as you have been wonderful to work with. I wish everyone at :::::: the very best and thank you for your efforts.

WEEEEEEEPER

They just need a payroll clerk. They’ll be fine. They can pay her 10 k less.

Edited by wpr, 21 November 2019 - 09:51 PM.

#14 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34782 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:49 PM

Damn.  I'm sorry that it went that way.  It's clear that you were not happy there but starting a job only to leave after three weeks sucks.  But you do have the drink and you do have the 'feeling amazing' part and you do have the drive to find better stuff that's out there.   I have a drink too so cheers.   :cheers:

#15 Chips O Toole

Chips O Toole

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33536 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:49 PM

Dang, vibes

#16 wpr

wpr

Aw, nice avatar Weeper.

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8522 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:54 PM

I think the owner probably pushed the team into hiring me. She had no intentions of accepting me. There were things she said in the interview that stand out now.

It cost him 10k in recruiter fees. Since it’s such a short time they will certainly help him fill the position again without a fee, but he’s ####ed now that the holidays are here. That’s an expensive mistake. They won’t get someone in there until Jan now

Edited by wpr, 21 November 2019 - 09:56 PM.

#17 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61317 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:55 PM

High west American prairie bourbon tonight.

#18 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33030 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:57 PM

:frank:

#19 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19992 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:27 PM

Wow. Some women really can’t work together well. Meaning, a chance to actually collaborate at kick some office place ass. With the first instinct not to be, ‘how can we be more effective together to work less’.

Guys are different, I guess. Though, apparently we hold it in more and just shoot up the joint. Lol. :D

Edited by AspenLeif, 21 November 2019 - 10:28 PM.

#20 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61317 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:29 PM

Wow. Some women really can’t work together well. Meaning, a chance to actually collaborate at kick some office place ass. With the first instinct not to be, ‘how can we be more effective together to work less’.

Guys are different, I guess. Though, apparently we hold it in more and just shoot up the joint. Lol. :D

maybe it’s no wonder we enjoy a pay gap ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users