#1 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61000 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:53 PM

worth a watch if you're a fan of scotch.

#2 Zsasz

Zsasz

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40211 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:32 PM

Was that guy saying they mash in with only the flour? As in the flour sperated from the husks and other bits.
Just saw another part and it looks like there are husks.

#3 Zsasz

Zsasz

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40211 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:34 PM

Wondering if they boil the wort...

#4 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34436 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:12 PM

Off-topic: I read a good article on Scotch a long time ago in Playboy. I think David Mamet wrote it. He was in Scotland and ended up at a Scotch tasting that was a bunch of old guys and it was a private thing held in the basement of some building that housed a bunch of aged scotch.  They would all get a sample of this or that scotch, discuss it, talk about the character, rate it, etc. and they eventually moved to a scotch that was very, very old and everyone got a very small sample.  They went around the table and one guy said, "It tastes like mud" and the lead guy running the whole thing said, "You've been very fortunate in the mud you've tasted".  :lol:

#5 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40440 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:40 PM

Why were you reading playboy?

#6 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22447 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:43 PM

Gotta do something between squeezing one off in salute to Miss August.

Edited by zymot, 16 November 2019 - 07:43 PM.

#7 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61000 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:49 PM

Off-topic: I read a good article on Scotch a long time ago in Playboy. I think David Mamet wrote it. He was in Scotland and ended up at a Scotch tasting that was a bunch of old guys and it was a private thing held in the basement of some building that housed a bunch of aged scotch. They would all get a sample of this or that scotch, discuss it, talk about the character, rate it, etc. and they eventually moved to a scotch that was very, very old and everyone got a very small sample. They went around the table and one guy said, "It tastes like mud" and the lead guy running the whole thing said, "You've been very fortunate in the mud you've tasted". :lol:

actually very on topic, they made a point to say most scotch peaks between 10-18yrs, beyond that its heading down hill and folks buying 25-30yr scotch are just buying it for show

#8 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34436 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:33 PM

actually very on topic, they made a point to say most scotch peaks between 10-18yrs, beyond that its heading down hill and folks buying 25-30yr scotch are just buying it for show

Yeah, interesting.  This article had some good information about the various flavors that come from the different grains grown in the different regions and on islands in the area.  "You can taste the Orkney in this one" or "the Islay in that one" or whatever.  Scotch does nothing for me but the article was good.  

Gotta do something between squeezing one off in salute to Miss August.

Right.  I fired one off and then went for the Scotch article.  :lol:

#9 Zsasz

Zsasz

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40211 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:51 AM

what is the price difference between most 10-18 years and the 25-30 year stuff?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users