123 replies to this topic

#21 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12099 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:28 PM

Funny, just came here from the White Claw thread. Definitely some parallels.

#22 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35477 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:29 PM

Hey hey hey

No law on the claw

That’s official

#23 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59726 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:36 PM

Hey hey hey

No law on the claw

That’s official

WHITE CLAW LAW!!!!

#24 BlackBeerd

BlackBeerd

Comptroller of Stain's Junk Posting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16139 posts
  • LocationA Drunken Stupor

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:39 PM

The black market CBD and THC carts are only available because the federal government refuses to legalize it. It’s really quite an embarrassment. The drug war loses hard. I agree with vagus.

Yes, Yes. Because there is no other way to use THC or CBD than to vape it from nefarious sources. 

#25 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35477 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:47 PM

Yes, Yes. Because there is no other way to use THC or CBD than to vape it from nefarious sources.

Well you’re clearly not very aware of current MJ culture/issues. Sure you can smoke herb. But it’s super convenient with no combustion to vape. It’s a very approachable method of ingestion. Sure, lots of other ways, but this is one of the most popular ways. Some regulation of the black market would help a long way. I don’t put a lot of faith in government BS but you don’t see methanol poisonings in the US from bootleggers very often, do you?

#26 dagomike

dagomike

Comptroller of CrapPapples

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10735 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:57 PM

We’ve got CBD everywhere in Michigan. I don’t think black market CBD has anything to do with whatever is happening with vapping.

#27 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39619 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:10 PM

cbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbd

#28 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15716 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:35 PM

States that have legalized have vast powers to regulate the substances people are vaping.  And of course nicotine vaping is perfectly legal in both state and federal contexts.  Blaming it on the "black market" is ignorance, if we're being charitable (which I recommend!) 

#29 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30019 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Ia

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:33 AM

States that have legalized have vast powers to regulate the substances people are vaping. And of course nicotine vaping is perfectly legal in both state and federal contexts. Blaming it on the "black market" is ignorance, if we're being charitable (which I recommend!)

There are certainly refilled black market cartridges out there. This is not in question. And there is a lot of evidence that they are the culprit in these lung disease cases.

#30 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35477 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:43 AM

States that have legalized have vast powers to regulate the substances people are vaping. And of course nicotine vaping is perfectly legal in both state and federal contexts. Blaming it on the "black market" is ignorance, if we're being charitable (which I recommend!)

So there is enough regulation already or....? This is happening all of a sudden. Something changed. The reporting seems to suggest the illnesses are being caused by vitamin E in black market weed vapes. To suggest that the black market has nothing to do with this is putting your head in the sand.

#31 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19602 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:44 AM

It’s orange mans fault, boobah. Doesn’t matter.

#32 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21586 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:31 AM

If black market is the issue it seems outlawing the flavors could lead to more black market

#33 BlackBeerd

BlackBeerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16139 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:39 AM

Well you’re clearly not very aware of current MJ culture/issues. Sure you can smoke herb. But it’s super convenient with no combustion to vape. It’s a very approachable method of ingestion. Sure, lots of other ways, but this is one of the most popular ways. Some regulation of the black market would help a long way. I don’t put a lot of faith in government BS but you don’t see methanol poisonings in the US from bootleggers very often, do you?

I'm aware. The guy that rents shop time from me is making high end hardware for thc and cdb vapes. I find it comical how much people will spend for a better high. 

There are certainly refilled black market cartridges out there. This is not in question. And there is a lot of evidence that they are the culprit in these lung disease cases.

This.

#34 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105032 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:45 AM

Smoothbrains!

#35 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35477 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:54 AM

I'm aware. The guy that rents shop time from me is making high end hardware for thc and cdb vapes. I find it comical how much people will spend for a better high.

This.

That’s the thing. It’s not more expensive. The carts can be pretty cheap. And it’s not a “better” high. Just more convenient. And often cheaper.

#36 Anagallis arvensis

Anagallis arvensis

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32658 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:31 AM

The black market CBD and THC carts are only available because the federal government refuses to legalize it. It’s really quite an embarrassment. The drug war loses hard. I agree with vagus.

I can’t stand THC tanks/carts that have artificial flavors... if it doesn’t taste like weed I don’t want it

#37 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19602 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:53 AM

I can’t stand THC tanks/carts that have artificial flavors... if it doesn’t taste like weed I don’t want it

I don’t think many actually do taste like weed. Or at least like a bong rip does.

#38 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35477 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:05 AM

A lot of them are made from distillate with stuff added to it. The full spectrum extracts taste like great weed

#39 BlackBeerd

BlackBeerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16139 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:20 AM

That’s the thing. It’s not more expensive. The carts can be pretty cheap. And it’s not a “better” high. Just more convenient. And often cheaper.

The stuff he is making is stupid priced. And yet it sells. For instance, he bought a piece of carbon fiber tube for $3. Cut it into 9 pieces, drilled a hole in the side and sold them for $17 each.

#40 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35477 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:30 AM

Hard to argue with advances in tech. Dude is making money, that’s good for him. The market will bear it. Seems like you’d be all about that
I’m sure there are great margins on rolling papers too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users