AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19840 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:02 AM

Lol

You find it funny I don’t miss the corporate world?

#22 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43387 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:07 AM

I haven't worked with it.  Is this a situation where slow web speed would be the issue?  When we write something, we have to be acutely aware of "round trips" from the site to the server because it can delay things, no doubt.  We sometimes get our hardware people to make infrastructure mods to help but in the end it's up to us to do as much as possible without having to check back to the server... the server could be anywhere and every connection between the user and the server is in question. 

I assume this is the issue.  Not sure though.  Doesn't seem to matter whether I'm remote on VPN or at a company site with a direct connection.  It's still as slow as shit.

#23 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106499 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:18 AM

You find it funny I don’t miss the corporate world?

You have BECOME the corporate world. :P

#24 dondewey

dondewey

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2216 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:05 AM

I LOVE it when Concur warns me that the “lowest cost logical airfare” is a 13 hour, 2 layover ditty, instead of a 3 hour direct flight that costs $51 more...

Need justification why you didn't get an economy car. How about because the mid sized was the exact same price?

Sometimes the preferred hotels were crappier, further away, and more expensive. Had to justify NOT choosing something else.

#25 Patrick C.

Patrick C.

Comproller of Toilet Tank Vodka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5366 posts
  • LocationAcworth GA

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:13 AM

I assume this is the issue.  Not sure though.  Doesn't seem to matter whether I'm remote on VPN or at a company site with a direct connection.  It's still as slow as shit.

We only use the web based expense part.  I've had several problems with it not saving things or blanking out all my entries because I didn't do everything in the right order, but speed has not been a problem.  This is over a corporate VPN.

The other recurring problem is receipts not showing up, but reloading the page usually fixes that one. 

living in the Chicago metro you have that option. I bet your options will be reduced once you move to Alabama.

He'll still have the same number of direct flight options, but they will include a drive to Atlanta. :)

#26 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60959 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:36 AM

living in the Chicago metro you have that option. I bet your options will be reduced once you move to Alabama.

not terribly, memphis and birmingham you can get direct flights to a lot of the major metros, but I really dont travel anymore for work anyway since we now use contractors on-site, so that kinda sucks since I don't mind traveling a little for work

#27 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19840 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:26 AM

You have BECOME the corporate world. :P

My office is my couch.

#28 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106499 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:30 AM

Feck yo couch, neighbor!

#29 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7680 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:10 PM

My office is my couch.

zB5EBT9.jpg

Edited by SnowMan, 10 September 2019 - 12:59 PM.

#30 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43387 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:08 PM

While we're on about expense reports, whyTF does US Bank take 2-3 business days to post payments?  My personal card posts the payments instantaneously but US Bank won't post payments coming from a multi-billion dollar entity for 2-3 days?  They really need to wait two days to be sure a massive, 130-year old corporation with an excellent credit rating and no debt *really* has the money to pay?  WTF is that about?

#31 Julius H Gardetto

Julius H Gardetto

Comptroller of Delusional Berkley Hippie Types

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21926 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:35 AM

The concur app for expenses is pretty damn slick. Everything else about it sucks.

#32 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15741 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:08 AM

I don't use Concur to book anything. I book directly with Delta and the hotel. I usually get better rates and use my SkyMiles card for the miles.

We are going to Washington D.C. for the weekend and staying at a hotel that I liked up there. I told an admin about the hotel and she was all excited because the hotel was a preferred vendor to our company. She sent me a link for the discount rates.

I got a better room and, a cheaper rate by booking through Expedia for the same hotel and dates.

#33 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43387 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:18 AM

The concur app for expenses is pretty damn slick. Everything else about it sucks.

phone app?  I haven't fooled with that.  I'm using the desktop app.  Honestly, it would fine if it wasn't unbelievably slow.  

#34 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19840 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:47 AM

phone app?  I haven't fooled with that.  I'm using the desktop app.  Honestly, it would fine if it wasn't unbelievably slow.  

It's been 4 years since I used the Concur phone app.  That worked very well.  You're right though.  The desktop app sucked.  

#35 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7680 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:39 AM

I don't use Concur to book anything. I book directly with Delta and the hotel. I usually get better rates and use my SkyMiles card for the miles.

We are going to Washington D.C. for the weekend and staying at a hotel that I liked up there. I told an admin about the hotel and she was all excited because the hotel was a preferred vendor to our company. She sent me a link for the discount rates.

I got a better room and, a cheaper rate by booking through Expedia for the same hotel and dates.

You just contradicted yourself on the hotel there.. You aren't booking direct with the hotel if you use Expedia.

I always book direct, never with Expedia, Hotwire, etc.  I've heard too many horror stories of canceled reservations, wrong locations etc. 

#36 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15741 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:04 AM

You just contradicted yourself on the hotel there.. You aren't booking direct with the hotel if you use Expedia.

I always book direct, never with Expedia, Hotwire, etc.  I've heard too many horror stories of canceled reservations, wrong locations etc. 

I knew someone would pick up on that.

Congrats.

I usually book with the hotel. This time, I had Expedia up and they had a better rate than the hotel even with the "discount". I didn't really see a discount price from the link the admin sent me and the hotel website.

Edited by DuncanDad, 11 September 2019 - 09:04 AM.

#37 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43387 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:16 AM

I try to stick with Hilton.  I book through their app, it's really easy.

#38 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7680 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:27 AM

I try to stick with Hilton. I book through their app, it's really easy.

This is what I do too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users