11 replies to this topic

#1 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77409 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:29 PM

Scheduled to have new windows installed tomorrow.

Spent the last couple hours prepping the house, moving furniture away from windows, taking down curtains, etc.

Just got a call from the company, a job today ran long and they want to reschedule for Thursday.

Fine, I guess.

We had the dogs going to "doggy day care" tomorrow so they wouldn't bark at the construction guys all day.... Call the vet/daycare place to reschedule. Sorry, Thursday is full.

So I guess we'll keep them in the basement with the cat all day and just deal with the constant stream of barking....

So uh, who's in? :stabby:

#2 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27509 posts
  • LocationKC - Kansas side

Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:26 PM

Yeah, but I wouldn't want to be the guy left hanging to start another job on time and then leave them hanging.  Rinse...........

#3 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77409 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:58 PM

I felt kinda bad. The chick who called said 'oh my gosh, thank you for not only being understanding, but being kind.' Apparently, people are usually dicks.

#4 Fuct

Fuct

Perro Grande

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4508 posts
  • LocationBakersfield California

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:07 PM

Scheduled to have new windows installed tomorrow.

Spent the last couple hours prepping the house, moving furniture away from windows, taking down curtains, etc.

Just got a call from the company, a job today ran long and they want to reschedule for Thursday.

Fine, I guess.

We had the dogs going to "doggy day care" tomorrow so they wouldn't bark at the construction guys all day.... Call the vet/daycare place to reschedule. Sorry, Thursday is full.

So I guess we'll keep them in the basement with the cat all day and just deal with the constant stream of barking....

So uh, who's in? :stabby:

In?

LOL.......

Never out....................:frank:

:frank:

#5 TxBrewer

TxBrewer

CrAp Czar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19204 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:12 PM

I felt kinda bad. The chick who called said 'oh my gosh, thank you for not only being understanding, but being kind.' Apparently, people are usually dicks.

Most people have to take time off for these things. Can understand them not being too happy when they call the night before to reschedule

#6 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77409 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:15 PM

Most people have to take time off for these things. Can understand them not being too happy when they call the night before to reschedule

For sure. And in my younger days I would have probably pitched a fit. But I'm way more chill than ever these days....

#7 idajack

idajack

Werecomptroller

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:42 PM

You’d be amazed at how many people leave an absolute disaster in front of their windows when they know we are showing up to install blinds. It can seriously feck up a 2 hour install and screw up the whole week.
My favorite is when people are moving in and stack boxes 3 high and deep in front of the windows and then shrug and say they’re sorry for the extra work moving boxes so we pull out their contract with the $5/box handling fee for moving boxes out of the way.
I’m fine with the occasional couch but straight feck the people who have the movers plunk down 40 boxes we have to move.
Then when they bitch and want us to wait while they move shit to avoid paying but we tell them the window of time we scheduled and that we have other people set up at a specific time so will be leaving at x hour and will have to reschedule to complete their installation.
I’m pretty laid back and relatively lazy so I don’t have too many jobs in a day but the hell if I’m gonna sit around while homer and his inbreeds move shit that was clearly supposed to not be piled in front of the windows to start, there’s beer to be drunk.

#8 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77409 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:46 PM

People suck

#9 dondewey

dondewey

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:40 PM

Sadly, that's probably more professional than average. In my experience you would have called them at 10 tomorrow morning, if they answered they would have said they were running a little late. Then at lunch time they finally would have told you that they won't make it out until Thursday.

#10 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77409 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:59 AM

They're now officially late... this company gets 5 star reviews on Google but I'm at about 3 stars right now...

#11 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77409 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:17 PM

Ok, they may have redeemed themselves. They're coming back tomorrow for final trim etc. but so far the windows look great

#12 Anagallis arvensis

Anagallis arvensis

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32633 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:07 PM

But are they cupping your bawls?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users