81 replies to this topic

#21 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33290 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:50 PM

The absolute worst part of traveling to me is the boarding and deplaning process. It could be done so much more efficiently and quickly.

We flew home from Denver after a delay.  On the descent, there was an announcement saying that there are people on the flight who have connections and that if Chicago is your destination, please remain seated so those passengers could get off the plane.  I saw so many people shaking their head basically saying FECK YOU!  Of course there is no way to tell who is who but I saw many people get in their way for no reason other than they were pissed at the airline for being late in the first place.  Ah, good times.  :D

#22 BobG

BobG

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1190 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN

Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:54 PM

Wait, no Joe Patroni in this thread?
:huh:

#23 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77485 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:57 PM

If I made the rules:

- everyone without a carry on boards first
- everyone with only 1 small carry on, which fits underneath the seat, gets on next.
- everyone else who needs an overhead bin for their shit gets on last.

Deplaning - reverse order. If you need shit from the overhead bin, sit your ass down until the others get off.

Edited by the_stain, 09 September 2019 - 03:57 PM.

#24 maddog

maddog

Comptroller of badogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7026 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:05 PM

That’s too far north for me. I fly out of PHL, that’s 1/2 hour from my house.

PHL sucks in its own way, but at least it's not EWR. When we lived in Bordentown, we'd travel for pleasure from PHL but had to travel for work through EWR.

#25 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77485 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:07 PM

Random fact, I've flown to New York twice but I've never been to LaGuardia or JFK

#26 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59721 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:31 PM

Fvcking drive instead

#27 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77485 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:34 PM

Fvcking drive instead

For a drive that is less than 12-16 hours, this. You'll waste a whole day with airport shit anyway.

#28 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22012 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:40 PM

The absolute worst part of traveling to me is the boarding and deplaning process. It could be done so much more efficiently and quickly.

How hard is it to put your freakin’ carry on in the overhead. I swear to God. For some people it is more difficult than climbing ant Fuji.

Some reason, I am always in the last group to board. I bring a leather brief case kind of thing that fits under my seat. I am in the end of the line looking down the aisle and it is a train of idiot morans.

I know the next plane I get on will be the same thing. No avoiding it. It is just part of the way planes are these days.

#29 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39614 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:41 PM

Don't disturb my friend. He's dead tihhhahhd.

#30 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77485 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:45 PM

I always bring only one small carry on. It fits under the seat.

My biggest pet peeve is when they say "ok, the doors are open, everyone off." Within 2 minutes, I have all my things and am standing in the aisle, ready to exit the plane.

But I can't, because the aisles are packed full of people trying to get their shit out of the overhead bin. I have to stand around and wait for everyone else to get off until I can follow them.

If the overhead bin ####ers would stay seated I'd be off that plane in 30 seconds.

#31 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59721 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:27 PM

For a drive that is less than 12-16 hours, this. You'll waste a whole day with airport shit anyway.

my driving limit is anything west of the western border of Colorado

#32 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27528 posts
  • LocationKC - Kansas side

Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:35 PM

Fvcking drive instead

I think it's been over 10 years since we flew.  Arrived early, kind of bad weather coming.  Were about to line up to board and some TSA idiots come running out - had not seen them in the previous 90 minutes - into our 5 gate area.   Both were screaming  -  SECURITY BREACH - PILOT LESSONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

We were right next to the security check - it was bullshit. No one ran through the security check.  So they run 5 flights worth of passengers through security again as fast as they can.  It was a joke.  One of the TSA agents told me, and everyone else in line, this was good since a tornado was coming and they would shut down the airport.  It didn't happen.  Arrived in Dallas a couple hours later than if we had driven.  So we drive............  More fun, see scenery, eat local and do it on our schedule.

#33 AGrandDesign

AGrandDesign

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1657 posts
  • LocationThe Upside down

Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:38 PM

It always makes me think about how much better ants are at tasks like this.

Yeah but their planes have like zero leg room.

#34 AGrandDesign

AGrandDesign

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1657 posts
  • LocationThe Upside down

Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:45 PM

If I made the rules:

- everyone with only 1 small carry on, which fits underneath the seat, gets on next.

Deplaning - reverse order. If you need shit from the overhead bin, sit your ass down until the others get off.

This! And, during deplaning, add a couple of large airline employees at the front of the plane taint tazing all non rule followers and you'll have a winning system.

#35 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7774 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:08 PM

If I made the rules:

I bought this cute little buttercup yellow HARD SHELL carry on that I used for the first time today. Last minute they made me “valet check” bec we were on a little one aisle plane.

I never use the overhead. Today was my turn and they ruined it!

#36 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:47 PM

I used to take around 80 flights a year. Airports and planes just don't bother me at all. I guess I've just seen it all and have learned to deal with whatever crap happens.

#37 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15587 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:37 AM

The ones that get me are the people that have a roller bag that is clearly NOT going to fit in the overhead bin, a back pack, purse and shopping bag. His wife has the same thing.

And the gate trolls say nothing to them and keep announcing that the flight is full and need volunteers to check their bag at the gate.

I walk onto the plane with my wallet and cell phone. I check everything. I don't want to wade through a cramped plane aisle with a roller bag and computer bag while people are playing "peek -a- boo" in their seats while people are trying to sit down.

Oh, and don't forget Bill in 36D, who goes all the way to his seat, puts his bag in the bin then, proceeds to martch >Against Traffic< to the shitter. Are you friggin' 2 years old and don't know when you have to pee or do you just like to explore new bathrooms?

#38 Howie

Howie

Feltersnatch

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10629 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:56 AM

If I made the rules:

People abuse the hell out of the carry on thing. Not sure why the airlines don’t enforce it

#39 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22012 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:08 AM

I have an idea. Board people by how many carry ons they have. Nothing in your hand, you go first. Next is one thing like a purse, or briefcase, things that small enough to under a seat or on your lap. Next, one carry on that can go in the bin. Next one carry on and a purse. Last is to board is Miss carry on + shopping bag + giant purse.

Last time I travelled, the dude in front of me at security had to use 6 of the grey plastic bins through the X-ray, plus his back pack on the belt. Eff me.
I have an idea. Board people by how many carry ons they have. Nothing in your hand, you go first. Next is one thing like a purse, or briefcase, things that small enough to under a seat or on your lap. Next, one carry on that can go in the bin. Next one carry on and a purse. Last is to board is Miss carry on + shopping bag + giant purse.

Last time I travelled, the dude in front of me at security had to use 6 of the grey plastic bins through the X-ray, plus his back pack on the belt. Eff me.

#40 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7442 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:33 AM

I carry on a backpack that fits neatly under the seat in front of me.

I check everything else. I have 20-25 trips a year for the last 7+ years. Lost my bag one time in all those flights.

Carrying on just isn't worth the hassle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users