#21 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59164 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:45 PM

i had a 2hr PE credit called "Posture and Relaxation".  yes that was a real class.

#22 SugarTits

SugarTits

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43260 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:22 PM

My wife took slimnastics. The exercising by power walking was on the honor system. The final was a timed power walk. It about destroyed everyone in the class.

#23 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59164 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:25 PM

the key in those classes is to set the bar low early on so you dont have to push REAL fecking hard during the semester  :P

#24 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35144 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:28 PM

I took bong hits my freshman year. It wasn’t a class but it was often during class. I learned a lot about economics, entrepreneurship, and getting laid

#25 dondewey

dondewey

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:34 PM

Just to calibrate a little, a 3.0 is going to be extremely marginal for pretty much any med school. He should really be shooting for As and A minuses in those courses. One nice thing is that you don't need calc for the mcat. Do need to have a handle on classical physics. Biology, obviously. And o-chem, I think.

#26 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59164 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:44 PM

ya, he knows

#27 porter

porter

Comptroller of Affairs with Potatoes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10019 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:00 PM

Just to calibrate a little, a 3.0 is going to be extremely marginal for pretty much any med school. He should really be shooting for As and A minuses in those courses. One nice thing is that you don't need calc for the mcat. Do need to have a handle on classical physics. Biology, obviously. And o-chem, I think.

It's not really marginal, it's basically an impossibility, unless you want to go to school in the Caribbean and deal with the aftermath of that, or you have an extremely compelling life story, football won't work for that.

#28 maddog

maddog

Comptroller of badogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6966 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:54 PM

I'm all for having bright, hardworking, broadly trained medical professionals, but let me reiterate, the MCAT is stupid. The course list our campus suggests these days is chemistry through biochem, biology (including cell, molecular genetics and an upper division physiology course), a year of physics, plus psychology (some suggest two semesters) and sociology. 

Encourage him not to get behind in the chemistry curriculum.

#29 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59164 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:41 PM

I'm all for having bright, hardworking, broadly trained medical professionals, but let me reiterate, the MCAT is stupid. The course list our campus suggests these days is chemistry through biochem, biology (including cell, molecular genetics and an upper division physiology course), a year of physics, plus psychology (some suggest two semesters) and sociology. 

Encourage him not to get behind in the chemistry curriculum.

:cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users