47 replies to this topic

#41 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32866 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:30 PM

Now i'm remembering, the 38mm was one side. So 76mm total. I thought you were supposed to measure right and left independently because they can be different?

76mm puts you over the maximum. Way to go FATHEAD. :lol:

I'm not sure I'm getting this "one side" stuff. The Zenni site says that the number represents the distance between the centers of both pupils. What's the one side thing?

#42 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41761 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:33 PM

Bridge of nose to each pupil.

#43 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76672 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:33 PM

Now i'm remembering, the 38mm was one side. So 76mm total. I thought you were supposed to measure right and left independently because they can be different?

It's rare for them to differ by more than 2mm which is basically insignificant.

Also, 76mm? Damn. Jkor cries himself to sleep at night on his huge pillow.

#44 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32866 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:34 PM

Bridge of nose to each pupil.

Maybe I just need to go back into that office, get my PD and then wave the one-fingered salute on the way out. :scratch:

#45 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41761 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:34 PM

I'm large in so many ways.

#46 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32866 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:35 PM

I'm large in so many ways.

:shock:

#47 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41761 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:36 PM

Maybe I just need to go back into that office, get my PD and then wave the one-fingered salute on the way out. :scratch:

They need it to sell you glasses so it would be pretty surprising if they didn't measure it. But they may have stopped measuring it beforehand to deter people from buying online.

#48 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32866 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:41 PM

They need it to sell you glasses so it would be pretty surprising if they didn't measure it. But they may have stopped measuring it beforehand to deter people from buying online.

This is what she said when I called back asking for the PD.  She said that they only measure the PD when you sit down and order glasses from them which I think is very possible.  I assume places like Coastal, Zenni and WP know this is possible.  I have the five free pairs coming from WP so I can see them in person.  If I order from them, I will have to give them my prescription and then find out how they suggest getting the PD.  We'll see how that goes. 

EDIT:  My wife tells me that WP has something built into their site that uses your notebook camera to accurately measure your PD.  I used the camera today on Zenni (I think) so they could create an image with your selected frame... pretty cool.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users