#22 Iron Chic

Iron Chic

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11620 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:49 AM

Agreed. Amazing. Did you hit the islands off the west coast?

I did not, sadly. I opted for this little excursion into Montenegro. I wish I had more time there.

#23 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34782 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:57 AM

I did not, sadly. I opted for this little excursion into Montenegro. I wish I had more time there.

Possibly the trip of a lifetime.  Brac, Hvar and Korcula are insane.  Dubrovnik was cool but not as cool as those islands.  

Hvar Island:
hvar.jpg

#24 Iron Chic

Iron Chic

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11620 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:18 AM

Sounds more expensive tho

I think you'd be surprised, especially if you're flexible on dates.  America is an expensive country! 

Mess around with https://www.skyscanner.com/

Dang ER - that sounds amazing.  Did you ever do any of the same hopping in Greece? 

#25 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34782 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:44 AM

Dang ER - that sounds amazing.  Did you ever do any of the same hopping in Greece?

We flew into Frankfurt, then on to Split, Croatia. Then took a boat to Brac. This was a Backroads cycling trip. The boat we were on was a double-decker jobbie that was built in 1907.  Bar, tables and bathrooms on the first deck and then loungers on the second deck.  We biked across Brac and then stayed in Pucisca and stayed the night.  Then biked down to Bol and caught the boat again and went to Hvar.  Biked across Hvar, stayed the night, etc. then onto Korcula.  After Dubrovnik we flew to Athens which is hell compared to Croatia.  Then on to Santorini for three days, then back to Athens, Frankfurt (one night) and then home.  Awesome.  Croatia is amazing as you know.  The people were great, the views were outstanding, the food was awesome and there is so much history.  

Doob:  We went to Croatia in September and the weather could not have been better.  But I think it's cool/cold there in January.  

#26 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15995 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:46 AM

Hmm I do have family in Clearwater

Some other friends highly recommended Holbox which is a small island off Cancun kinda, a little north I think.

We were just in Holbox a few weeks ago. Very small, off the beaten path, lots of Mexican tourists.

#27 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15995 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:51 AM

I honestly think Mexico, Playa del Carmen area is your best bet for stretchinyour dollar, awesome beaches, etc. Last month there was tons of disgusting seaweed everywhere which is why we went to Holbox instead. Holbox ha facing the gulf, so you don’t get the spectacular carribean water you do in Playa del Carmen.

#28 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7788 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:02 AM

Wife and I flew into TPA for a weekend get away in march 2018.  Rented a car, tooled around St. Pete for a day, stayed in North Redington beach.  Was cool.  Would go back. 

#29 Buzz Buzzard

Buzz Buzzard

Comptroller of Fanatical Political Expressionism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11165 posts
  • LocationHere, not there.

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:20 AM

Reddington is still sorta small old Florida feeling.

#30 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43944 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:20 PM

Western Cuba is beautiful in January. Really nice resorts that range from $150-$250 a night. We have friends that have been going. There is a travel advisory, but it is bullshit politically motivated. Western Cuba is a rather safe playground. Would'nt go anywhere near Havana.

rN6hhaR.jpg

Edited by SugarTits, 14 August 2019 - 02:20 PM.

#31 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34782 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:34 PM

Western Cuba is beautiful in January. Really nice resorts that range from $150-$250 a night. We have friends that have been going. There is a travel advisory, but it is bullshit politically motivated. Western Cuba is a rather safe playground. Would'nt go anywhere near Havana.

rN6hhaR.jpg

My wife and I were rubbing our chins about a possible Cuba trip.  We did some homework and although you do have to jump through some rings of fire, it's apparently very manageable.  I did see some really nice beach areas in the west and southwest that looked like they had some nice resorts.  

#32 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43944 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:38 PM

The US is late to the western Cuba party. They are very well versed in Canadian there. Them hosers love that area.

#33 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34782 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:40 PM

The US is late to the western Cuba party. They are very well versed in Canadian there. Them hosers love that area.

Right.  Americans think that Cuba is crumbling and void of all modern technology but guess what... everyone is already there except for us.  :P

#34 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40712 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:42 PM

My wife and I were rubbing our chins about a possible Cuba trip. We did some homework and although you do have to jump through some rings of fire, it's apparently very manageable. I did see some really nice beach areas in the west and southwest that looked like they had some nice resorts.

More chins than a Chinese human rights advocacy department!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users