#1 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31686 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:45 AM

One of the authors I follow on Facebook just got a 24 hour suspension for "violating community standards" for making fun of a pretend country.

Larry Correia is the author of the Monster Hunter International books, as well as the Grim Noire and Black Sword series. He belongs to a Facebook group with other authors where they generally screw around share writing tips, etc. Apparently yesterday they were screwing around in a thread arguing about made up countries and the FB bots put the smack down.  Read about it here. It's pretty funny.

#2 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39300 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:07 AM

I know a man named Roland and altered his name to Groland as a reference to his inability to maintain an erection. Anyway, turns out that's a real made up country.  I'm not part of an authors group, on facebook, nor do i really talk with people ever, but this hits close to home like Russian SS-7.

#3 armagh

armagh

Grumpy Frost Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6581 posts
  • LocationBandit Country

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:43 AM

I know a man named Roland and altered his name to Groland as a reference to his inability to maintain an erection. Anyway, turns out that's a real made up country.  I'm not part of an authors group, on facebook, nor do i really talk with people ever, but this hits close to home like Russian SS-7.

Any chance he was a headless Thompson gunner?

#4 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39300 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:58 AM

Any chance he was a headless Thompson gunner?

Not that head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users