Photo

Hey, hey, hey, I'm getting a vibe here...

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76852 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:22 PM

Does CO tell you their crime? Because sometimes it just means their high school girlfriend was a sophomore when they were a senior.

Or they peed in public.

Oh yeah. I actually ran a background check on this guy before we bought the house. It was a statutory thing. Guy nailed a 17 year old when he was 30ish, the parents got all restraining ordery.

#22 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21380 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:31 PM

Okay the "suing" story is not that interesting but here goes: Their son and my oldest son are the same age. This was when they were in 3rd or 4th grade so a long time ago. It's a Friday evening of a holiday weekend like Memorial Day or Labor Day. Some of the neighbors are outside and I'm shooting hoops with my kids in the driveway. The Klopeks come out (Mr., Mrs., the son) and Mrs. Klopek asks me if I heard what happened at school that day. "No". She shows me a small circle on her son's head that is shaved and there are a couple stitches there. She says, "Your son did this to my son". My son was outside and said, "That's not true. I didn't do that". I told her that I had no idea what she was talking about but she gave me the hand and said "No, your son did this and we're going to have to take action". I was so peeved that I went inside and found the principal's home number and I called her. I asked her why I hadn't heard about this and she told me that she didn't alert me because my son was not to blame. It turns out that a bunch of boys went into the bathroom at the same time and when it was time to leave, her son (bigger kid) was holding the door closed so no one could leave. The other kids were telling him to get out of the way, trying to get him to stop holding the door, etc. and when a male teacher heard the commotion he pushed the door open and the kid fell, hitting his head on the tile wall. All of the kids told the principal the same story... their kid was acting like an ass monkey. Here's the thing: If you're going to threaten to sue your nextdoor neighbor, you might want to know what you're talking about.

when I was a freshman I was 5'2" and wrestled 98. Before practice the basketball team was in the wrestling room. One of the forwards 6'4" 220lbs decides he will pick me up. I didn't agree to it and twisted out. He fell off balance and snapped his leg.

That night his mom called and started telling at my mom "your wrestler broke my son's leg". My mom knew the size of the kid and the other lady quickly backed down when my mom asked "you are saying my 98 lb freshman son beat up your 200 lb jr"?

#23 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7695 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:18 PM

Again, calling the village on your nextdoor neighbor is kind of like declaring war. You would think that a reasonable person would come over and talk about it or even realize that just because the guys arrived at 7:20, that doesn't mean they're doing anything wrong.

Yes, definitely war. I’m guessing this was sometime after the stitches.

#24 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32906 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:24 PM

Yes, definitely war. I’m guessing this was sometime after the stitches.

Probably but the timing is close.

There are so many other issues including that they have always had at least three dogs. The dogs shit Buick-sized biscuits and the Klopeks don't pick it up. That means if we're hanging in the backyard, there is heavy poop whiff. <_<

#25 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21369 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:51 PM

There is nothing illegal about mowing your lawn in a speedo or banana hammock.

Be the war you wish to win

#26 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32906 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:08 PM

There is nothing illegal about mowing your lawn in a speedo or banana hammock.

Be the war you wish to win

Hmm... :scratch:

#27 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7695 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:54 PM

Probably but the timing is close.

There are so many other issues including that they have always had at least three dogs. The dogs shit Buick-sized biscuits and the Klopeks don't pick it up. That means if we're hanging in the backyard, there is heavy poop whiff. <_<

Trash comes with every neighborhood. You cannot escape it!

#28 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32906 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:00 PM

Trash comes with every neighborhood. You cannot escape it!

Property values will rise if the Klopeks scoot out of this neighborhood. :lol:

#29 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7695 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:02 PM

Property values will rise if the Klopeks scoot out of this neighborhood. :lol:

Then someone else will emerge as the runner up neighborhood trash. I can promise you that. LOL

#30 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32906 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:08 PM

Then someone else will emerge as the runner up neighborhood trash. I can promise you that. LOL

Oh, we already have that. Across the street is the "reality show" family. At least three generations living under the same roof. Swearing, partying, cars up the ying-yang. The script writes itself.

#31 EWW

EWW

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21369 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:11 PM

Capture the win.

Mow the lawn in sexy swimwear

#32 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7695 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:13 PM

EWW really wants you in a speedo, Pemb.

#33 EWW

EWW

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21369 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:15 PM

Yes.

I want pics on the board for all to compare to stain’s junk

#34 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32906 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:17 PM

Thread turned into a trainwreck. :D

#35 SnottS

SnottS

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32438 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:16 PM

This thread turned sideways :D

It’s not a train wreck yet

#36 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41813 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:21 AM

They're ghouls. Emergency vehicles have been to their house hundreds of times and no one knows why. They have called the village on me for no reason (seriously, no reason), they have threatened to sue us and they're just lazy slobs. Honestly, he doesn't work and she works for the school district. I don't know how they can afford this house in the first place unless some other windfall came their way years ago.

You call that 'keeping to themselves'?  Calling the town on me is WAR, MUTHAFECKER!!!

#37 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32906 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:38 AM

You call that 'keeping to themselves'?  Calling the town on me is WAR, MUTHAFECKER!!!

Well, we all used to be relatively friendly which is why I don't understand why they would turn on me like that. If I saw Mr. Klopek sitting out on the front porch and I was heading down to the taps for a beer, I'd grab one for him too.  It was good.  Then it wasn't.  Then I started completely ignoring them... no more small talk, no more waving to them, etc.  Since then they have been quiet and to themselves which is fine with me.  Honestly, you don't call the village on your neighbor until things escalate beyond your control... like you have talked with them and they keep doing whatever it is they're doing and you have no weapons left.  They basically used "temporary insanity" for a parking ticket on this one and I have no idea why.  Ghouls.  Ghouls I tells ya.  :D

When the pool was being installed, he was at the fence watching all the time.  Talking to the crew, asking about this or that.  One of the guys told me he was bugging them so I walked outside and asked him what was up.  He said, "What if the girls (they have twin girls who may have been 4-5 years old at the time) climb over the fence and drown in your pool?".  I just looked at him.  I did not say, "Maybe you should keep an eye on your kids!"... I just said, "Steve.  Please". 

#38 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39308 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:50 AM

I just said, "Neighbor.  Please". 

#39 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41813 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:12 AM

When the pool was being installed, he was at the fence watching all the time.  Talking to the crew, asking about this or that.  One of the guys told me he was bugging them so I walked outside and asked him what was up.  He said, "What if the girls (they have twin girls who may have been 4-5 years old at the time) climb over the fence and drown in your pool?".  I just looked at him.  I did not say, "Maybe you should keep an eye on your kids!"... I just said, "Steve.  Please". 

You have to be fecking kidding me.

#40 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32906 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:16 AM

You have to be fecking kidding me.

I have no idea what makes these people tick, sincerely.  They made it very hard for me to put the pool in.  Getting everything lined up with permits, inspections, etc. is already hard enough without the Klopeks making it harder.  But once the pool was in and we were using it, they would be at the fence looking into our yard with their kids pointing to the pool and saying, "We want to go IN THERE!!".  Huh.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users