Photo

Hey, hey, hey, I'm getting a vibe here...

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32866 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:53 PM

Since the spring the Klopeks have had some major work done on their house.  I think they had their kitchen redone... contractors here for weeks, new appliances, etc. plus repairing a section of their fence, having their deck pressure-washed and restained and now there is a big landscaping group over there trimming things and even planting new flowers and shrubs.  These people have not done ANYTHING to their house in the 18+ years they have lived here.  Seriously, nothing.  No paint, no roof, no windows, no nothing.  Does this mean they're moving?!?!?  :lol: 

#2 SnottS

SnottS

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32394 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:55 PM

You need to throw expired food into their backyard at night, so the local wildlife will move in to help keep them down in da hood... Its hard to find good neighbors :troll:

#3 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32866 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:08 PM

Although these people are quiet and keep to themselves (a good thing), there is almost nowhere to go but up if they move. A nice family moves in, they're friendly, etc. That would really be a huge plus. Toodles Klopeks, we hardly knew ye. Actually, I knew ye far more than I would like. :D

#4 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7656 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:18 PM

Although these people are quiet and keep to themselves (a good thing), there is almost nowhere to go but up if they move. A nice family moves in, they're friendly, etc. That would really be a huge plus. Toodles Klopeks, we hardly knew ye. Actually, I knew ye far more than I would like. :D

I don’t understand... if they were quiet and kept to themselves, what is the problem?

The devil you know...

**as a side note, every house I’ve ever lived in has had an exceptionally shitty house on the street, and I usually live right next door to it.

#5 Buzz Buzzard

Buzz Buzzard

Comptroller of Fanatical Political Expressionism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts
  • LocationHere, not there.

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:19 PM

That or a windfall came their way.

#6 SnottS

SnottS

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32394 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:25 PM

I don’t understand... if they were quiet and kept to themselves, what is the problem?

The devil you know...

**as a side note, every house I’ve ever lived in has had an exceptionally shitty house on the street, and I usually live right next door to it.

His neighbors are actually the Bumpas’ family from A Christmas Story fame. They had to go underground after TNT bought the rights.... Name changes, new town, the works. No more dogs either, just raccoons, foxes, rats, and possums.

#7 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7656 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

I still don’t think the universe has an upgrade in store for him.

#8 SnottS

SnottS

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32394 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:30 PM

Now they’re moving out because Ken, and his meddling ways.... He disturbed the “house” of their favorite dog, Er possum

Edited by Biker Faux, 13 August 2019 - 03:30 PM.

#9 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76672 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:35 PM

Since the spring the Klopeks have had some major work done on their house. I think they had their kitchen redone... contractors here for weeks, new appliances, etc. plus repairing a section of their fence, having their deck pressure-washed and restained and now there is a big landscaping group over there trimming things and even planting new flowers and shrubs. These people have not done ANYTHING to their house in the 18+ years they have lived here. Seriously, nothing. No paint, no roof, no windows, no nothing. Does this mean they're moving?!?!? :lol:

You've seen my thread right? I have been doing so many improvements. Paint, new windows, working on the yard, new gutters... I ain't moving, I'm just finally ahead of the game enough to spend money on home improvements. It only took me 4 years of ownership so maybe the Klopeks are just slow :D. But either way, you win! :cheers:

#10 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32866 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:37 PM

The devil you know...

They're ghouls. Emergency vehicles have been to their house hundreds of times and no one knows why. They have called the village on me for no reason (seriously, no reason), they have threatened to sue us and they're just lazy slobs. Honestly, he doesn't work and she works for the school district. I don't know how they can afford this house in the first place unless some other windfall came their way years ago.

#11 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76672 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:40 PM

They're ghouls. Emergency vehicles have been to their house hundreds of times and no one knows why. They have called the village on me for no reason (seriously, no reason), they have threatened to sue us and they're just lazy slobs. Honestly, he doesn't work and she works for the school district. I don't know how they can afford this house in the first place unless some other windfall came their way years ago.

Wait, do you live on the other side of my neighbor's house?? Lol

Actually it has been super chill lately and I'm pretty sure it may be because the "outlaw biker" that lived with his mom next door might actually be in prison right now :covreyes:

#12 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7656 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:44 PM

Wow. Sue you for what? You must have done SOMETHING, at least in their eyes... TELL US THE WHOLE STORY
:P

honestly, I think everyone has a shitty neighbor. Mine are pretty ghoulish towards their teenage son, though it’s been quiet lately. Not sure anyone works over there except the kids.

#13 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39246 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:48 PM

i am the bad neighbor

#14 Buzz Buzzard

Buzz Buzzard

Comptroller of Fanatical Political Expressionism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts
  • LocationHere, not there.

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:57 PM

I'm 100% certainly that neighbor.
#deplorableproud.

#15 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76672 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:09 PM

Raise your hand if your next door neighbor is a registered sex offender.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Sit down!

#16 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7656 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:14 PM

Does CO tell you their crime? Because sometimes it just means their high school girlfriend was a sophomore when they were a senior.

Or they peed in public.

#17 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35145 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:15 PM

I bet a bunch of hot ass strippers are buying it to turn it into a brothel

Does CO tell you their crime? Because sometimes it just means their high school girlfriend was a sophomore when they were a senior.

Or they peed in public on their underage girlfriends.

FTFImmoral Germans

#18 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32866 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:16 PM

Wow. Sue you for what? You must have done SOMETHING, at least in their eyes... TELL US THE WHOLE STORY
:P

Okay the "suing" story is not that interesting but here goes: Their son and my oldest son are the same age. This was when they were in 3rd or 4th grade so a long time ago.  It's a Friday evening of a holiday weekend like Memorial Day or Labor Day.  Some of the neighbors are outside and I'm shooting hoops with my kids in the driveway.  The Klopeks come out (Mr., Mrs., the son) and Mrs. Klopek asks me if I heard what happened at school that day.  "No".  She shows me a small circle on her son's head that is shaved and there are a couple stitches there.  She says, "Your son did this to my son".  My son was outside and said, "That's not true.  I didn't do that".  I told her that I had no idea what she was talking about but she gave me the hand and said "No, your son did this and we're going to have to take action".  I was so peeved that I went inside and found the principal's home number and I called her.  I asked her why I hadn't heard about this and she told me that she didn't alert me because my son was not to blame.  It turns out that a bunch of boys went into the bathroom at the same time and when it was time to leave, her son (bigger kid) was holding the door closed so no one could leave.  The other kids were telling him to get out of the way, trying to get him to stop holding the door, etc. and when a male teacher heard the commotion he pushed the door open and the kid fell, hitting his head on the tile wall.  All of the kids told the principal the same story... their kid was acting like an ass monkey.  Here's the thing:  If you're going to threaten to sue your nextdoor neighbor, you might want to know what you're talking about.  

#19 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7656 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:19 PM

That’s awkward as hell! Far too many moms think their kids are precious angels.

#20 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32866 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:21 PM

They also called the village on me.  Our pool was being built and my wife and I were actually out of town for a couple days and my MIL was staying with our kids.  The pool guys apparently showed up around 7:20 (you can't make noise until 7:30am) and according to my MIL, they stood around smoking and drinking coffee.  When it was 7:30, they started working.  But Mr. Klopek would have none of it.  He called the village.  When I got home I had a message from a woman I know who works for the village.  She told me the story and told me she was ripping up the complaint and throwing it in the garbage (nice lady).  My MIL gets up early and told me what she saw... they didn't start working until 7:30 or after.  I went over and asked Mr. Klopek who called the village on me and he raised his hand.  I asked him why he would do that and he shrugged.  Again, calling the village on your nextdoor neighbor is kind of like declaring war.  You would think that a reasonable person would come over and talk about it or even realize that just because the guys arrived at 7:20, that doesn't mean they're doing anything wrong.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users