#1 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34761 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 July 2019 - 03:44 PM

A guest asked me to change the shitty 90s pop the owners son in law had on so I played some funky jazz. Dude kept changing it and guests complained. I told him if I didn’t pick the tunes I was walking.
Walked.
I’m sure this may sound frivolous but it’s the straw that breaks the camel’s back.
The owner is pissed at his SIL but shit won’t change.
I’m still the brewer but I’ll no longer bartend.
Maybe I won’t have a brewing job there. I have other offers anyway. It’s toxic tho. I won’t get into all of it but holy hell.
In.

#2 Ford Maddox

Ford Maddox

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31661 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 13 July 2019 - 03:55 PM

What an asshole... The customer is always right...

Hope it works out for you... Walking out must have brought a certain level of satisfaction to you.. Did you call the SIL a jackass?

#3 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34761 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:02 PM

I’m not the type to throw around direct word insults. Honestly, not much satisfaction, but I know I’m right. His FIL is already super pissed/frustrated with his performance/behavior up til now. His family dynamic isn’t my personal concern, but I’m sure his life just got worse. I make the beer. They are in a bad way without me. And even if I’m wrong, idgaf. I’m not wrong tho. There is a thread in the hot spot about how the tips have been tampered with. The place is beyond hospice without me.

#4 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9566 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:06 PM

I’m not the type to throw around direct word insults. Honestly, not much satisfaction, but I know I’m right. His FIL is already super pissed/frustrated with his performance/behavior up til now. His family dynamic isn’t my personal concern, but I’m sure his life just got worse. I make the beer. They are in a bad way without me. And even if I’m wrong, idgaf. I’m not wrong tho. There is a thread in the hot spot about how the tips have been tampered with. The place is beyond hospice without me.

Stand your ground and don't buckle.  If you've got other offers, consider exploring them and ditch the current gig.

#5 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34761 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:28 PM

Yeah dude.

I’ve been down this road but I hate it. Comes with the territory I suppose, but I wish I could find a stable job

#6 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27049 posts
  • LocationKC - Kansas side

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:41 PM

Walking was right from what you've posted here.  Walking all the way out may be better.  Betters days will be ahead.

#7 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34761 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:43 PM

Yeah it’s stressful but I’m 37. I need to move forward. I can’t prop up bullshit.

#8 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38980 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:12 PM

Right move

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users