12 replies to this topic

#1 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32865 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:26 AM

Working on a project with multiple people at a customer.  I let them all know that the project is ready to test (the testing process has been discussed in depth with everyone on the team) and I ask them to please test it and keep me posted on how everything is working.  2 weeks go by without a word and then an email asking me "where are we with this?".  I could be an ass and say that I top-spin vollied this ball into their court two weeks ago and haven't heard anything since or... I could be professional.  :covreyes:

#2 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76651 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:28 AM

Lol. "I apologize for any confusion" is a good phrase. You don't have to tell them that you're just apologizing on their behalf ;)

#3 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32865 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:43 AM

Lol. "I apologize for any confusion" is a good phrase. You don't have to tell them that you're just apologizing on their behalf ;)

This customer is notorious for this.  They'll call me out of the blue with 10 people sitting in a conference room and I'm on speaker and expected to be available for this when I had no idea it was happening.  Then we all get on the same page and they say that they'll send me over some documentation but it never arrives.  I nudge them all with a reminder and someone says "Oh yeah.  I'm on it" but it still doesn't arrive.  A month later the owner wants to know the status.   :huh:

#4 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39243 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:48 AM

Unless your hand is up their ass, don't expect to be a priority.

#5 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:49 AM

Workplace assplay.

#6 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19428 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:51 AM

I'd just go to your send box.  "copy" the email where you told them to test it.  the "paste" it to the response of the 'were are we' email and say....

See the attached.  I sent this out 2 weeks ago for you to test.  

It's short, factual, and isn't insulting.  

#7 43hertz

43hertz

Gold Star Recipient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7942 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:06 PM

I'd just go to your send box. "copy" the email where you told them to test it. the "paste" it to the response of the 'were are we' email and say....

See the attached. I sent this out 2 weeks ago for you to test.

It's not "actually" insulting, but some people will take it that way. Used to have a whiny bitch at an alarm vendor that got bent out of shape when I did this to him.

#8 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7307 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:51 PM

I'd just go to your send box. "copy" the email where you told them to test it. the "paste" it to the response of the 'were are we' email and say....

See the attached. I sent this out 2 weeks ago for you to test.

I did this last week with an equipment submittal. The last correspondence we'd had was "revise and resubmit". They claimed to have never seen it. I forwarded them their own read receipt. Oops

#9 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31596 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:33 PM

It's not "actually" insulting, but some people will take it that way. Used to have a whiny bitch at an alarm vendor that got bent out of shape when I did this to him.

Too fecking bad.

#10 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32865 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:12 PM

Here's another:  There is an email chain going back and forth between people at one of my customers and they're bouncing around ideas for a project.  Many, many people are on the email and many, many emails have been sent over the course of weeks, maybe months.  Then someone forwards me the entire email chain and all they type to me is "?".  Basically saying I need to read the entire thing and then comment/give them direction on it.   :blink:

#11 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104216 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:04 AM

So you understood clearly what they were asking? What's the issue, other than that it was "work"?

#12 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32865 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:21 AM

So you understood clearly what they were asking? What's the issue, other than that it was "work"?

Exactly.  :lol:  What could possibly go wrong?

#13 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76651 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:23 AM

If someone sent me an email with just a question mark in it, I'd be tempted to reply back with just an exclamation point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users