#1 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14572 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:21 AM

Traded my truck in another county. That dealer sold me an extended warranty on my new truck. I had a refund coming to me from the truck I traded. Dealer said if I gave them my refund this amount would be deducted from the amount of the new extended warranty I negotiated on. And to make the deal even sweeter they took off the refund amount from my loan. All I had to do is once I got my refund is to give it to them. Yup no problem. Easy. That was 30 days ago.

FW to today. The dealer I bought the other truck from wanted proof of odometer and the letter of lien release from my loan. Finally got all that stuff and took it in to get my refund. It is now going to be 6-8 weeks before I get my money. They have to send it to me not the dealer I bought the new truck from. So I call the new dealer and talk to their fiance guy. He said the other dealer is jerking me off and that it should take no more than a week to get my refund and that he is betting I will forget about the money and they will pocket it. BS. That dealer is great, local and trustworthy. Never talk shit on your competition dill weed. 

So I ask new dealer when am I going to get the title for new truck so I can get it registered in my county. I was told for the very first time that they will not send me the title until they get the refund money. Well mother effer's I only have 60 days to register my new truck and Im already 30 days into this mess. So now Im told I need to send a personal check to the new dealer for the refund amount and they will hold it until they get the actual refund then they will get my title to me. Eff you and eff you too. 

#2 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59744 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:24 AM

please tell me this is not an aftermarket extended warranty.  if so you're gonna get jerked off and continue getting jerked off until you have burns on your dick

#3 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14572 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:29 AM

please tell me this is not an aftermarket extended warranty.  if so you're gonna get jerked off and continue getting jerked off until you have burns on your dick

It is and I have had it one time in the past and had to actually use it to my advantage. Im actually using the same company I used before. I read the fine print and negotiated the price. I was against extended warranties in the past but after much research they can be bought and used without getting screwed. 

#4 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59744 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:32 AM

I could only do an extended warranty if it was from the factory.  and probably only if I bought a diesel, those things are monkeyfighter expensive to repair

#5 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14572 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:36 AM

I could only do an extended warranty if it was from the factory.  and probably only if I bought a diesel, those things are monkeyfighter expensive to repair

I bought it because of the diesel. $100 deductible to replace any of the bolt on stuff (even lubed stuff) which includes turbo, injector pump, injectors which was my primary concern. Obviously it covers way more than that. $1800, $100 deducible, 120k miles. 

#6 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59744 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:46 AM

I bought it because of the diesel. $100 deductible to replace any of the bolt on stuff (even lubed stuff) which includes turbo, injector pump, injectors which was my primary concern. Obviously it covers way more than that. $1800, $100 deducible, 120k miles. 

seems reasonable.

many diesel owner I know are just waiting for a turbo to let go so they can upgrade to a bigger turbo so they have an excuse to go to a full delete and install a bigger turbo and hotter tune, power junkies

#7 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14572 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:57 AM

seems reasonable.

many diesel owner I know are just waiting for a turbo to let go so they can upgrade to a bigger turbo so they have an excuse to go to a full delete and install a bigger turbo and hotter tune, power junkies

Maybe. But the Duramax L5P is a pretty daym good diesel engine even with the emmsion stuff. Just recently this truck been been hacked and tuned. Still not very many of them out there. The previous versions of the Duramax I agree with you. Time will tell tho on the L5P. But until then, I'm happy as hell with 445hp and 910ft # of torque.

Edited by BlKtRe, 12 June 2019 - 10:58 AM.

#8 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59744 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:05 AM

ya, these latest diesel are ridiculous with power/tq.  the 99 PSD was a monster in its day, 7.3L with like only 250hp and 500lb tq.  the new 2020 4cyl eco-diesel is rumored to make almost identical numbers.

I understand the desire for the DPF delete tho, those things kill MPG's and a good tune can significantly reduce your DEF usage as well and reduce engine oil contamination by closing down the EGR.  even if you only picked up a couple HP, those other things will help the long term on the motor from what I've been reading.

#9 DieselGopher

DieselGopher

Executive Director of Whatnot and what not

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11044 posts
  • Locationhanging around

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:28 AM

ya, these latest diesel are ridiculous with power/tq. the 99 PSD was a monster in its day, 7.3L with like only 250hp and 500lb tq. the new 2020 4cyl eco-diesel is rumored to make almost identical numbers.

I understand the desire for the DPF delete tho, those things kill MPG's and a good tune can significantly reduce your DEF usage as well and reduce engine oil contamination by closing down the EGR. even if you only picked up a couple HP, those other things will help the long term on the motor from what I've been reading.

My ‘16 ecodiesel is about 20 hp and 50 lb-ft short of my ‘02 Cummins...

#10 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59744 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:34 AM

My ‘16 ecodiesel is about 20 hp and 50 lb-ft short of my ‘02 Cummins...

i'm hearing the 2020 is gonna make 260hp and 480tq.  that's impressive for a 3.0L 4cyl diesel.

I wish Ram would make this motor for the 2500.  would be great for guys not towing huge loads (tho probably still tow 12-13k) but need payload capacity of a 'real truck'.  I bet it would be a good combo for guys who dont want a 900 ft lb motor and it would still get good mpg

#11 BeersBeers24/7

BeersBeers24/7

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5536 posts
  • LocationAshevegas!

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:12 PM

I love getting jerked off. Wait what?

#12 Hines

Hines

Comptroller of Emus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7977 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:23 PM

"Im getting jerked off"

HUMBLE BRAG ALERT

#13 DieselGopher

DieselGopher

Executive Director of Whatnot and what not

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11044 posts
  • Locationhanging around

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:53 PM

i'm hearing the 2020 is gonna make 260hp and 480tq. that's impressive for a 3.0L 4cyl diesel.

I wish Ram would make this motor for the 2500. would be great for guys not towing huge loads (tho probably still tow 12-13k) but need payload capacity of a 'real truck'. I bet it would be a good combo for guys who dont want a 900 ft lb motor and it would still get good mpg

I concur 100%. That setup would be killer. Probably won’t happen because of the tooling cost and lost profit on the Cummins upgrade.

#14 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14572 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:36 PM

Im for sure thinking about the EGR delete. Probably after the factory warranty tho. 

Who is jerking off who again? 

#15 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77500 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:56 PM

*around

#16 Anagallis arvensis

Anagallis arvensis

Comptroller of King Richard V