• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 VirginiaBeach

VirginiaBeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:30 PM

Hello all,I'm an extract brewer and I usually order extract recipe kits online to save some money rather than putting the ingredients together myself. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for websites that have some good recipe kits (overall, not necessarily specific recipes although if you know of a really good one, please share!). NortherBrewer? AustinHomebrew?Thanks

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:32 PM

Hello all,I'm an extract brewer and I usually order extract recipe kits online to save some money rather than putting the ingredients together myself. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for websites that have some good recipe kits (overall, not necessarily specific recipes although if you know of a really good one, please share!). NortherBrewer? AustinHomebrew?Thanks

I've had pretty good luck with morebeer for extract kits. Order a couple at a time and get free shipping as well.

#3 VirginiaBeach

VirginiaBeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:58 PM

Replying to my own thread...I was just looking at NorthernBrewers website and they list reviews for their recipes and you can also see the ingredients. That's pretty cool.Thought I would share...

#4 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

Replying to my own thread...I was just looking at NorthernBrewers website and they list reviews for their recipes and you can also see the ingredients. That's pretty cool.Thought I would share...

yes, I sometimes use their website as a jumping off point for coming up with recipes. pretty handy.

#5 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

When I brewed extract I like the kits from Austin HB. The shipping was like $7.99 regardless of what you bought too. I think Midwest Homebrew Supply would be good as well. :cheers:

#6 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:15 PM

When I brewed extract I like the kits from Austin HB. The shipping was like $7.99 regardless of what you bought too. I think Midwest Homebrew Supply would be good as well. :cheers:

I used Austin a few times and I can't complain. Sometimes morebeer was a better price though overall (if you could spend enough to get free shipping).

#7 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55449 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:39 PM

I'll also plug our local place, Perfect Brewing. They started putting some nice extract kits together including one that I helped them formulate (wink!) for Oberon. I also picked up some Best Brewer kits from a place called Karps on Long Island and Austin has an UNBELIEVABLE list of extract kits that seemed to go on for pages. Their support was good too. I did order kits from Williams but their prices are a smidge higher than most. Midwest also has good extract kits and they started putting AG kits together awhile back too... good support there also. I have not ordered kits from Northern Brewer. Cheers.

#8 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:52 PM

Try Hoptech. Small guy, but his kits are good.

#9 Jimmy James

Jimmy James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

I realize this isn't exactly what you're looking for as it's not kits, but a lot of recipes from Jamil's Brewing Network podcasts (including extract versions) are here: https://www.beerdujo...workRecipes.htm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users