18 replies to this topic

#1 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32415 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:50 AM

I'm headed to ATL this weekend for a wedding and I ordered some shoes from Amazon in the middle of last week.  At some point I got an email saying that they would arrive between 5/15 and 5/20.  If they arrive later than today I wouldn't get them in time.  I checked the tracking and it showed they left Irving, TX one day last week.  However many days went by and then it showed that they arrived in Champaign, IL on Monday so I figured I would get them.  Tuesday showed no progress but then late at night it showed that they arrived in Indianapolis.  WTF.  I'm picturing these things bouncing around in the back of Earl's truck.  Now it shows that they arrived at a "carrier facility" near me but it's not out for delivery so I assume they'll show up after I leave.  I have never seen such a slow path outside of something coming from China.  

#2 Hines

Hines

Comptroller of Emus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7858 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:02 AM

lots of locals complaining about amazon delivery of late.  Apparently USPS has made some sort of agreement and delivers the majority of the packages in our area.   I do not like this.

#3 Glacies

Glacies

Comptroller of Schwanz Hate

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4786 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:08 AM

So Amazon mainly works with UPS, then USPS, a few small contractors and then they have some of their own delivery trucks. We have a massive amazon distribution site in our area and we get great service from them.

One day a few months ago, after a really rainy month, we came back to see 2ft deep ruts in our front yard where an amazon delivery driver tried to back into a totally soggy yard and sank. Then tried to use planks to get out of it and made an absolute mess.

I called amazon and made a damage claim with a quote for $700 to repair the lawn. They paid it with almost no questions asked (I did send pictures and a quote from a landscaping company). They said it was one of the contractors they used.

#4 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32415 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:11 AM

Yeah, this shipment shows as "Fedex Smartpost".  I don't like the sound of that.   :blink:

#5 texred1

texred1

Permanent Comptroller & Pyromaniac

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3360 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:12 AM

I get next day or same day service and it is an Amazon Delivery driver that hands me the package. Sometimes it is good to live in a major metropolitan area.

~dustin

#6 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27018 posts
  • LocationKC - Kansas side

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:15 AM

Yeah, this shipment shows as "Fedex Smartpost".  I don't like the sound of that.   :blink:

You'll get them after Earl has broken them in

#7 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32415 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:20 AM

You'll get them after Earl has broken them in

:covreyes:

#8 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75312 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:21 PM

Yeah, this shipment shows as "Fedex Smartpost". I don't like the sound of that. :blink:

Yeah, that's basically the cheap, slow option. FedEx delivers to USPS who then delivers it to you. I'm convinced they slow it down on purpose to make the faster shipping options more attractive.

#9 Hines

Hines

Comptroller of Emus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7858 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:27 PM

I get next day or same day service and it is an Amazon Delivery driver that hands me the package. Sometimes it is good to live in a major metropolitan area.

~dustin

That's about the only time.   Well, that and when you want a selection of places to dine out.

#10 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32415 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, that's basically the cheap, slow option. FedEx delivers to USPS who then delivers it to you. I'm convinced they slow it down on purpose to make the faster shipping options more attractive.

I'm envisioning this:  The box arrives at Earl's house and then he takes it to the shipping facility but he stops at the bar first.  Hours later he brings it but the place is closed so he just drops in it the parking lot.  The next day someone finds it and brings it inside but it falls behind a mail sorter and it stays there for 5-6 days until someone notices it.  Then they notice that someone scribbled their name on it (EARL!) and they tell him to come and pick it up.  He does and then drives very slowly and not in a straight line until it gets to somewhere near me and then he throws it out the window hoping that someone who works for SmartPost finds it and eventually brings it to me.  So far, no one has.  :lol:

#11 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:02 PM

~dustin

True, but Ken lives in the Chicago area, I'd guess that he's about fifteen minutes from ORD, maybe closer. He's not out in the sticks by any means.

#12 Kellermeister

Kellermeister

Comptroller of Grievances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5208 posts
  • Locationthese are not the droids you are looking for

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:41 PM

Then why is he drivin a dually and flauntin truck balls? I'd say he lives halfway to Iowa.

#13 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:48 PM

Then why is he drivin a dually and flauntin truck balls? I'd say he lives halfway to Iowa.

Out of everyone I've met from this gang, Ken is without a doubt the least likely to own a big truck unless it says Uhaul on the side.

#14 Ford Maddox

Ford Maddox

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31567 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:53 PM

True, but Ken lives in the Chicago area, I'd guess that he's about fifteen minutes from ORD, maybe closer. He's not out in the sticks by any means.

Andro delivery person just left knocked on the door and handed me my package. I’m starting to think that in order to avoid porch pirate incidents if you appear to be home they’re knocking on your door...

#15 idajack

idajack

Werecomptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:56 PM

They’ve always rang the bell for me. Never had one actually wait for me to grab it from them though.

#16 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32415 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

Out of everyone I've met from this gang, Ken is without a doubt the least likely to own a big truck unless it says Uhaul on the side.

:lol:

#17 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75312 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:51 PM

They’ve always rang the bell for me. Never had one actually wait for me to grab it from them though.

This

#18 miccullen

miccullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 62274 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:03 PM

delivery times have gotten faster here, very happy lately

#19 Kellermeister

Kellermeister