#1 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20250 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:28 AM

No thread on this? All the networks were breaking in on this yesterday. 

#2 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75312 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:42 AM

I d going to start one as it was all over the local news here all day... But it's just going to turn into a stupid gun thread so meh

#3 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20728 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:51 AM

Wife said some lady on next door was trying to rally the parents to demand 100% student safety immediately. It set me off for 30sec bitching about emotionally driven folks that don’t seem to realize nothing is 100% safe ever. The drive to school isn’t 100% safe lady and NOTHING can ever make it 100% safe! Sure there are things to improve safety but you’re a loon in you rationally think 100% is achievable.

It just rubbed me the wrong way hearing it.

#4 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75312 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

Wife said some lady on next door was trying to rally the parents to demand 100% student safety immediately. It set me off for 30sec bitching about emotionally driven folks that don’t seem to realize nothing is 100% safe ever. The drive to school isn’t 100% safe lady and NOTHING can ever make it 100% safe! Sure there are things to improve safety but you’re a loon in you rationally think 100% is achievable.

It just rubbed me the wrong way hearing it.

Yep.

On the other hand I wouldn't object to metal detectors at school entrances.

#5 codemonkey

codemonkey

Ass. Comptroller of Ferthdays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18916 posts
  • LocationMy suburban paradise

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:56 AM

Sure there are things to improve safety but you’re a loon in you rationally think 100% is achievable.

You should see some of the crazy shit some of the parents ask for on the PTA facebook group. I'm not sure what a good solution is, but the best solutions start at home. Too bad that's just not practical.

#6 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20728 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

Yep.

Seems like lots of stuff would set them off in daily life over the course of the school year.

So one thing I did mumble is most of the CO shooting stuff over the years is the southern half of the Den metro area, I don’t live down there is there something different down there that potentially is a contributing factor?

#7 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20728 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:05 AM

but the best solutions start at home. Too bad that's just not practical.

Actually it’s very practical, less probable with the way the winds are drifting.

#8 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21143 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:08 AM

Yep.

logistics and funding. My son's school is 1500 which isn't small but not the largest. Most kids are getting to school within a 15-20 minute window. You need to have the detectors manned in case there is a problem. You are going to have false alarms with jewelry, binders, musical instruments, electronics, sports equipment etc. Kids have multiple bags. Think how long it takes to get through security at the airport. To handle a 1500 person school that needs to be better staffed than an airport

Edited by Sidney Porter, 08 May 2019 - 10:10 AM.

#9 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75312 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:12 AM

I'm willing to allow for that.

#10 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21143 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:28 AM

I'm willing to allow for that.

in places where they have been introduced (urban inner city to deal with gang violence) the have failed with logistics due to funding. Kids waiting in lines for an hour. Suburban schools where the day to day violence is low are not going to deal with that but they also will not want to fund it at the capacity it needs

#11 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22812 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:41 AM

This one probably hits too close to home.  Found out that a high school friend sends their kid to that school and my cousin had frequent business trips to Denver and would always stay at the hotel *right across the street*.

#12 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58463 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:44 AM

my niece was very interested in STEM school until my brother looked into it for her (he's interviewing at Oak Ridge Natl Lab) down in E TN.  the norm there was homework everyday until 11p.  she heard that and said feck that noise.  if that is true I can see how a kid might be completely stressed out over school

#13 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20250 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:55 AM

I'm not hearing all the usual talk of banning guns from this one, at least not as loud as usual.

Perhaps because none of those scary rifles were used. 

And the shooters are not being labeled right wing wackos, the 18 y/o was very anti-Trumpet, anti-Christian, and looks to be an all around messed up individual with drug problems.

The other shooter was also a messed up Transgendering teen that was also suffering from some mental illness. 

I'll be curious if it comes out in the next few days why these chillrens were not on anybody's radar. 

#14 TxBrewer

TxBrewer

CrAp Czar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18765 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:59 AM

This one probably hits too close to home.  Found out that a high school friend sends their kid to that school and my cousin had frequent business trips to Denver and would always stay at the hotel *right across the street*.

Heard about the shooting first on FB from a HS friend whose kids had the option of ttending the school where the shooting was or another school and chose the other one.    She was understandably freaking out yesterday.

#15 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20250 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:56 AM

Anybody see the candlelight vigil get stopped last night by a huge group of people beginning to shout "mental illness?"

This was after a bunch of politicians spoke about evil guns and more gun control.  The crowd finally had enough. 

Folks are demanding a conversation over mental illness. And included in this conversation should be troubled teens that are so depressed and troubled they think they wish to change their sex. 

#16 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21628 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:35 AM

I'm not hearing all the usual talk of banning guns from this one, at least not as loud as usual.

Perhaps because none of those scary rifles were used. 

And the shooters are not being labeled right wing wackos, the 18 y/o was very anti-Trumpet, anti-Christian, and looks to be an all around messed up individual with drug problems.

The other shooter was also a messed up Transgendering teen that was also suffering from some mental illness. 

I'll be curious if it comes out in the next few days why these chillrens were not on anybody's radar. 

Good news: More and more news sources are refusing to glorify and push the names and/or the manifesto of these a-holes. IOW Not giving these guys attention.

I heard the same anti-Trump connections. It they were wearing MAGA hats, that would be a major story and "Trump has blood on his hands."

One of the lawyers was instructing the Judge about the correct pronoun to address the defendant.

This is not a good opportunity to raise the roof about gun control, it cannot be associated with bad people doing bad things.

#17 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29243 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Ia

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:47 AM

There was gun control talk. Students walked out on a vigil in protest. They want to talk mental health. It was all over the news.

#18 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34736 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:55 AM

I don’t think transgender people are that way because they are depressed. If I knew I was a woman and I had to jerk off my cock on the reg when I knew deep in my heart I should be twiddling my clit, that would make me depressed.

#19 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38913 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:03 AM

I don’t think transgender people are that way because they are depressed. If I knew I was a woman and I had to jerk off my cock on the reg when I knew deep in my heart I should be twiddling my clit, that would make me depressed.

lmk

#20 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20250 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:42 AM

The father of the transgender shooter:

The father of one of the alleged STEM School Highlands Ranch shooters in Colorado is a serial felon and illegal immigrant from Mexico, DailyMail.com can reveal.

https://www.dailymai...-immigrant.html

Also:

The December 19 letter said the anonymous parent had raised 'concerns about student violence due to a high-pressure environment'.

It added that the mother had told Douglas County School Board of Education Director Wendy Vogel by telephone that 'many students are suicidal and violent in school. Several students have reported sexual assault and nothing is being done.'

The letter referenced an alleged bomb threat and 'an extremely high drug culture at STEM.

The parent had said she was worried about a repeat of what happened at Columbine High School, where 12 students and one teacher were killed, about five miles northwest of the STEM school.

The school hired a lawyer and told parents on February 1 it was looking at taking legal action against the unnnamed mother who had made the accusations.

I like how the school got an attorney to tell the lady to STFU about her concerns over a probable shooting at the school. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users