#321 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17183 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 12 November 2020 - 12:20 PM

Damn man, what is her reasoning for her hatred of you?  Simply that you expect her to act her age?

He married her mom.  I had the same problem with my stepkid.

Yep.

We got married when she was 5 years old. She had her mom to herself for about 4 years after her dad walked out.

My mother in law didn't help either. She was insanely jealous of me and spent a good part of our early marriage trash talking about me to just about anyone who would listen. That included the step daughter.

She blames me for her dad not wanting to spend time with her. She blames all her emotional issues because the W/G traveled for, like, 4 years.

It's all bullshit and I'm done with it.

#322 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17183 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted Yesterday, 04:13 PM

Well, Chris the Marine came into town last week. They didn't get shit settled and I have 3 pissed off kids because we let Chris stay here with the girls.

Right now, they can all pretty much, kiss my ass.

They fluff around like this is some kind of high school break up and the only "feelings" that count are the Step Daughter's. Well, sorry folks, we are dealing with this as well. There are two girls who love their dad and mom and us. Take that into your "feelings" consideration.

As I told my son and daughter, Chris the the girl's father and we will have a good relationship with him if nothing but for the girl's sake. The step daughter has told us many times she hates us and everything else. So, I'm going to be on good terms with at least one parent - the sane one.

#323 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67619 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted Yesterday, 04:21 PM

Drink on my man!!!

#ChugLife

#324 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45143 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted Yesterday, 04:27 PM

Well, Chris the Marine came into town last week. They didn't get shit settled and I have 3 pissed off kids because we let Chris stay here with the girls.

Right now, they can all pretty much, kiss my ass.

They fluff around like this is some kind of high school break up and the only "feelings" that count are the Step Daughter's. Well, sorry folks, we are dealing with this as well. There are two girls who love their dad and mom and us. Take that into your "feelings" consideration.

As I told my son and daughter, Chris the the girl's father and we will have a good relationship with him if nothing but for the girl's sake. The step daughter has told us many times she hates us and everything else. So, I'm going to be on good terms with at least one parent - the sane one.

Chug

#325 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17183 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted Yesterday, 04:38 PM

Drink on my man!!!

#ChugLife

Add to the downer, talked to a builder today. Total BS call.

We have the plans we we want to build. He wants to redraw them.

He wants to budget 30 grand for kitchen cabinets and another 15 grand for the granite countertops. I'm like "No" 15 grand for the cabinets and countertops, (we just remodeled our kitchen last year - I know what this costs).

All in all, he said our house plan was a 400k house. About 150k more than we had thought we may have to spend. More like 100k than I I had thought it would cost to build. Part of that is 11 grand in redrawing plans that I would buy for 1200.00.

Then, he tells me how his company is going to build several houses in the neighborhood and they will sell for 400-450k including the lots.

I'm like yeah, but I already own my land outright...

I'll keep looking for the right builder.

#326 dondewey

dondewey

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5510 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted Yesterday, 05:16 PM

If you aren't in a huge hurry, just be the general contractor yourself. Spend some time finding good subs ahead of time.

#327 KSUwildcatFAN

KSUwildcatFAN

Comptroller of ChopSticks & Ghey Bach Chow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6827 posts
  • LocationKC Area

Posted Yesterday, 05:51 PM

Material costs are way up, but agree on that kitchen cost. Seems way high.

#328 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9267 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted Yesterday, 08:06 PM

Add to the downer, talked to a builder today. Total BS call.
We have the plans we we want to build. He wants to redraw them.
He wants to budget 30 grand for kitchen cabinets and another 15 grand for the granite countertops. I'm like "No" 15 grand for the cabinets and countertops, (we just remodeled our kitchen last year - I know what this costs).
All in all, he said our house plan was a 400k house. About 150k more than we had thought we may have to spend. More like 100k than I I had thought it would cost to build. Part of that is 11 grand in redrawing plans that I would buy for 1200.00.

Then, he tells me how his company is going to build several houses in the neighborhood and they will sell for 400-450k including the lots.
I'm like yeah, but I already own my land outright...

I'll keep looking for the right builder.

I don't know on your kitchen. But I've been saying for years that the plans you buy online aren't worth what you pay for them...

#329 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67619 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted Yesterday, 08:17 PM

And lumber is thru the fvcking roof these days too

#330 BuxomBrewster

BuxomBrewster

Snow White

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8539 posts

Posted Today, 09:37 AM

I don't know on your kitchen. But I've been saying for years that the plans you buy online aren't worth what you pay for them...

We bought the plans for the house we had built from a magazine I got at Home Depot.  $500 for the plans.  That is the only house we've lived in that made sense.  Excellent plans.  I never realized how important it is to get the light switches in the right place.  Just live in a house with DIY switch placement.  It is one of the most frustrating things to have to deal with on a daily basis.  Scott just put almost the entire house on Alexa switches so we can actually have the lights make sense.

#331 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17183 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted Today, 02:48 PM

That may be but, from the builders I've spoken to, they have built homes from Don Garnder Plans and had no issue.

This guy wants 11 grand to redraw the plans on top of about 25% more than we want to pay for the house. He said he charges between 150 and 165 per ft2. I know the local going rate is 110-125 ft2 because 3 builders have told me their rates. Heck, slab built, 4 side brick houses are going for 93 ft2 but, that's in a pretty crowed neighborhood and not a custom built. That price includes the lot.

I'm working my head around how something that is built largely from commodity products, concrete/2X4/block, can vary so much in price for the same product.

#332 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22133 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted Today, 02:51 PM

That may be but, from the builders I've spoken to, they have built homes from Don Garnder Plans and had no issue.

This guy wants 11 grand to redraw the plans on top of about 25% more than we want to pay for the house. He said he charges between 150 and 165 per ft2. I know the local going rate is 110-125 ft2 because 3 builders have told me their rates. Heck, slab built, 4 side brick houses are going for 93 ft2 but, that's in a pretty crowed neighborhood and not a custom built. That price includes the lot.

I'm working my head around how something that is built largely from commodity products, concrete/2X4/block, can vary so much in price for the same product.

So don’t use him, problem solved.

#333 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17183 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted Today, 02:56 PM

So don’t use him, problem solved.

That's a given.

#334 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30502 posts
  • LocationKC - Kansas side

Posted Today, 02:59 PM

That's a given.

Oh, I think successfully fired you

#335 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45143 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted Today, 03:35 PM

That's a given.

You could sell him some of your ... less collegial step children ...  Two birds with one stone and all that.

#336 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17183 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted Today, 04:23 PM

Oh, I think successfully fired you

Not really. He sent over a very detailed email outlining services and costs.

We may use them to do the site survey to figure out where to put what. That's 4500.00. Not unreasonable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drinking, vibes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users