DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17192 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:31 PM

How are the kids doing generally?

They are the nicest kids I have ever met.

They will do anything you ask. They actively want to help around the house. They don't fight.

Mostly, happy kids.

That said, the W/G and I pay for weekly therapy sessions.

#302 Ineedacatscan

Ineedacatscan

Comptroller of BAW!!!1!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4441 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 02:27 PM

They are the nicest kids I have ever met.
They will do anything you ask. They actively want to help around the house. They don't fight.
Mostly, happy kids.

That said, the W/G and I pay for weekly therapy sessions.

That’s great to hear. How old is squeak??

#303 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17192 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:15 PM

She's 11. Going into Middle school. Gonna be a bumpy road for a few years.

She a good, sweet person. Smart, very kind and loving.

Stellie? Now there's a kid you do not want to mess with. Smart as all get out. Wicked sense of humor. Quick thinking. Not as sweet as Squeak but, can be very considerate.

#304 idajack

idajack

Werecomptroller

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4488 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:09 PM

I’d probably investigate options to take parental rights. Just be aware you’re starting a totally different level of commitment.
My aunt is pretty much exactly what you’ve described. My grandparents got custody fairly easy once they agreed to buy off the Aunt by allowing her to take the child support payments and ended up basically giving her a house as well. My grandma owns the house actually, pays the property taxes and has paid FYI repair my aunt’s half assed renovations etc.
In doing so they basically gave up retirement and sacrificed everything.
I’ve taken custody of a step nephew and raised him from 11-17
Not sure I’d do it again.

#305 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30518 posts
  • LocationKC - Kansas side

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:11 PM

Man, I feel for your family and the girls.  I hope something can be done to fix it............

#306 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17192 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 13 August 2020 - 04:17 PM

We haven't spoken to the S/D since she left. She's living with my wife's sister across town.

Just about everything they own is still in our house. They are supposed to get it this weekend. Good. The sister in law basically said, live here or live there but you don't need the girls living out of plastic bags. I guess from the conversation, the S/D seemed to think the door here was still open.

To cap this off, Chris sent a text saying he wanted to talk to us about the girls. We know he's trying for full custody but, other than that, I haven't communicated with him since February or so. This will be fun...

#307 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17192 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 11 November 2020 - 06:35 PM

Dredging up this old horse:

The divorce will be heard next week. Hopefully, some kind of resolution for the time being.

Chris asked if he could stay at our house with the girls next week. We said "yes" since we don't get to see the girls that much and it was a good place for the girls to be with their dad instead of the Hampton Inn.

Well, that blew up, needless to say. All 3 kids, (adults acting like high school kids in a break up) launched into me and the W/G via text.

"That's soooo hurtful to the S/D"

"You should be more supportful of the S/D."

Ya know what?

None of you pay my GD bills.

Who I have stay as a guest in my house is none of your GD business.

This bitch has never wanted any kind of relationship with me for the last TWENTY-FIVE years.

You want crazy I your life? Fine.

I. Am. Done.

#308 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67649 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 11 November 2020 - 06:42 PM

Vibes bro

#309 badogg

badogg

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28502 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 11 November 2020 - 06:54 PM

Sheesh man. Good luck. I hope you and then all find a peaceful end to all of this.

#310 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45164 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 11 November 2020 - 07:02 PM

Dredging up this old horse:

The divorce will be heard next week. Hopefully, some kind of resolution for the time being.

Chris asked if he could stay at our house with the girls next week. We said "yes" since we don't get to see the girls that much and it was a good place for the girls to be with their dad instead of the Hampton Inn.

Well, that blew up, needless to say. All 3 kids, (adults acting like high school kids in a break up) launched into me and the W/G via text.

"That's soooo hurtful to the S/D"

"You should be more supportful of the S/D."

Ya know what?

None of you pay my GD bills.

Who I have stay as a guest in my house is none of your GD business.

This bitch has never wanted any kind of relationship with me for the last TWENTY-FIVE years.

You want crazy I your life? Fine.

I. Am. Done.

I need a recap on who is related to who.  But s/d=step daughter who Chris (your son) allegedly cheated on? The twenty five years thing is throwing me off. 

Anyway, it ended strong. Your house, your guests.

#311 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67649 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 11 November 2020 - 08:01 PM

#ChugLife

#312 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9273 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted 11 November 2020 - 08:20 PM

Your house, your choice.

But another vote for the #chuglife

#313 toonces

toonces

Methuselah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26383 posts
  • Locationthe atomic city

Posted 11 November 2020 - 08:29 PM

All of the above.

#314 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17192 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 12 November 2020 - 03:45 AM

I need a recap on who is related to who.  But s/d=step daughter who Chris (your son) allegedly cheated on? The twenty five years thing is throwing me off. 

Anyway, it ended strong. Your house, your guests.

S/D is the crazy step daughter. Chris, (the Marine) is her soon to be ex husband who had an affair - if there was ever justification to have an affair, he had it.

The 25 year remark is how long the W/G and I have been married. For those 25 years I have tried to have a positive relationship with the S/D.

For 25 years I have sucked all of her crap, insults, disrespect and down right hatred of me. All I have ever wanted was to provide a positive and, stable environment for her and my kids to grow up in.

To be sure: None of them ever went without anything they needed or wanted. They had a nice home filled with kindness, love and support. They had everything that any upper middle class kid could want. Nice clothes. Opportunities in school to excel. Trips around the world. Support for any pursuit they wanted to try.

Now, these 30+ year old people want to act like high school kids in the middle of a breakup where you have to take sides and prove loyalty.

No I don't.

Who I have a relationship with or, who I host in my house has nothing to do with them. They don't pay my GD bills.

As for supporting the S/D: Seems everyone forgot that she lived in our house. For a year. Rent free. The W/G and I paid for food and watched Squeak and Stellie while the S/D holed up in the bedroom for 20+ hours a day. She wouldn't even eat meals with us.

I am done with her dominating our lives. I'm done with the conversations centered on her. If the other two kids want crazy in their lives, so be it. I want nothing to do with it.

#315 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45164 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 12 November 2020 - 04:25 AM

I see where i got confused. Somehow i thought chris was the relative and S/D was daughter in law. Anyway, stay strong. Chug strong.

#316 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22134 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 12 November 2020 - 06:20 AM

“I wanted to see the grand kids in MY home, that is the extent I will explain my choice to an ungrateful hurtful hypocrite who needs to learn to be an adult.” :)

#317 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17192 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 12 November 2020 - 06:27 AM

“I wanted to see the grand kids in MY home, that is the extent I will explain my choice to an ungrateful hurtful hypocrite who needs to learn to be an adult.” :)

I can't speak to any of them right now.

The W/G is doing the communications since, I will tell them all, "Hey! Great! Since you get to say what I do in my house, you get to pay my bills and I can quit my job and you can support me. For a change."

We are supposed to go to visit my daughter in Huntsville next week. I'm not feeling it right now.

#318 badogg

badogg

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28502 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 12 November 2020 - 11:25 AM

S/D is the crazy step daughter. Chris, (the Marine) is her soon to be ex husband who had an affair - if there was ever justification to have an affair, he had it.

The 25 year remark is how long the W/G and I have been married. For those 25 years I have tried to have a positive relationship with the S/D.

For 25 years I have sucked all of her crap, insults, disrespect and down right hatred of me. All I have ever wanted was to provide a positive and, stable environment for her and my kids to grow up in.

To be sure: None of them ever went without anything they needed or wanted. They had a nice home filled with kindness, love and support. They had everything that any upper middle class kid could want. Nice clothes. Opportunities in school to excel. Trips around the world. Support for any pursuit they wanted to try.

Now, these 30+ year old people want to act like high school kids in the middle of a breakup where you have to take sides and prove loyalty.

No I don't.

Who I have a relationship with or, who I host in my house has nothing to do with them. They don't pay my GD bills.

As for supporting the S/D: Seems everyone forgot that she lived in our house. For a year. Rent free. The W/G and I paid for food and watched Squeak and Stellie while the S/D holed up in the bedroom for 20+ hours a day. She wouldn't even eat meals with us.

I am done with her dominating our lives. I'm done with the conversations centered on her. If the other two kids want crazy in their lives, so be it. I want nothing to do with it.

Damn man, what is her reasoning for her hatred of you?  Simply that you expect her to act her age?

#319 toonces

toonces

Methuselah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26383 posts
  • Locationthe atomic city

Posted 12 November 2020 - 11:36 AM

Damn man, what is her reasoning for her hatred of you?  Simply that you expect her to act her age?

He married her mom.  I had the same problem with my stepkid.

#320 BuxomBrewster

BuxomBrewster

Snow White

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8544 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 11:39 AM

I totally get it.  Sometimes you are just done with it an done with someone.  And you hit a point where you become emotionally closed down, and then they can't touch you.  It's hard when it's you kid and you tried so hard for so long to do your best.  And they throw it all in your face and blame you for imagined wrongs.  

I hit that point with our son last year.  Haven't really talked to him other than "the stamps are in the basket" for over a year.  I quit cooking for him, picking up after him, speaking to him about anything. etc.  I won't spend my life trying to have a relationship with someone who blames me for all their problems.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drinking, vibes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users