BFB

Wind Whisperer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9295 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:49 PM

How fast does it go?

It will do half an hour in just 20 minutes.

#4 Buzz Buzzard

Buzz Buzzard

Comptroller of Fanatical Political Expressionism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9809 posts
  • LocationHere, not there.

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:04 AM

How fast does it go through your money?

#5 Dave

Dave

Grammaraticus of Titty Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29015 posts
  • LocationLugnar Island

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:05 AM

How fast does it go through your money?

Like the Wehrmacht through Poland

#6 Glacies

Glacies

Comptroller of Schwanz Hate

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4678 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:07 AM

pffft,

this is how I'll roll:

https://jalopnik.com...-concep-5183567

#7 porter

porter

Comptroller of Affairs with Potatoes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9788 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:37 AM

I was surprised at how much BMW has moved up the quality rankings. Can't remember if MB has done the same. Still going to cost a lot to repair when it does need repairing, though.

#8 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32005 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:08 AM

Even if I did have the money for such a thing, I'm not sure I have the stomach for buying a new, fancy car.  I was just talking with muh neighbor about they way that the general population treats other people's cars these days.  He has a nice Jeep Grand Cherokee "Overland Model" (or something) and he was pointing out all of the parking lot dings he has.  We both agreed that buying something slightly used eases the anxiety.  My wife's car has a bunch of "dings of unknown origin" because people hit your car with their door or a shopping cart and DGAF.  Ugh, people.  

#9 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57784 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:15 AM

Even if I did have the money for such a thing, I'm not sure I have the stomach for buying a new, fancy car.  I was just talking with muh neighbor about they way that the general population treats other people's cars these days.  He has a nice Jeep Grand Cherokee "Overland Model" (or something) and he was pointing out all of the parking lot dings he has.  We both agreed that buying something slightly used eases the anxiety.  My wife's car has a bunch of "dings of unknown origin" because people hit your car with their door or a shopping cart and DGAF.  Ugh, people.  

I've gotten where I dont park anywhere up close any more.  always try to find a spot way out where nobody else would bother parking.  I can't stomach other people's inconsiderate actions anymore.

#10 Buzz Buzzard

Buzz Buzzard

Comptroller of Fanatical Political Expressionism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9809 posts
  • LocationHere, not there.

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:18 AM

I loved my E320.  Nice, quiet and plenty powerful.  the sensor to know of the hood was fully closed failed.  500 bucks.  Good bye  Merc.

I like to find cars that are not going depreciate like a rock falling from outer space.

I think my c4 vette in 5 years may have depreciated a couple thousand, but is stable and starting to rise in value.

If you are careful and pick something people will want when older you can score a bargain.

If I were hunting a sedan, I'd look for one of the aussie imported LS powered chevy SS.  

#11 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32005 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:44 AM

I've gotten where I dont park anywhere up close any more.  always try to find a spot way out where nobody else would bother parking.  I can't stomach other people's inconsiderate actions anymore.

There's that plus all of the other stuff.  Rocks flying, crap all over the road, etc.  Every car I own has unexplained dings and scratches.  Of course, I have three kids so... comes with the territory.  But I can't imagine buying a pristine car out of the showroom, spending top dollar on it because it has 8 miles on it (or whatever) and then allowing it to get destroyed like that.  I'll take the lower insurance too.  

I took my Mustang into the dealer for a "product update" on the airbag.  While there I went into the showroom and there was a 2018 Lava Red Mustang convertible in there with the top down.  A guy I knew from my boys baseball days is a sales guy there.  He said, "You have to let us have your old one and you need to buy this one".  It had 15 miles on it.  Not sure why it was still around as a 2018 but it looked sweet.  It's basically my car (V6, leather, convertible) but brand new and with all the new bells and whistles.  It makes my 2011 look like an antique.  :D

#12 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57784 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:51 AM

There's that plus all of the other stuff.  Rocks flying, crap all over the road, etc.  Every car I own has unexplained dings and scratches.  Of course, I have three kids so... comes with the territory.  But I can't imagine buying a pristine car out of the showroom, spending top dollar on it because it has 8 miles on it (or whatever) and then allowing it to get destroyed like that.  I'll take the lower insurance too.  

I took my Mustang into the dealer for a "product update" on the airbag.  While there I went into the showroom and there was a 2018 Lava Red Mustang convertible in there with the top down.  A guy I knew from my boys baseball days is a sales guy there.  He said, "You have to let us have your old one and you need to buy this one".  It had 15 miles on it.  Not sure why it was still around as a 2018 but it looked sweet.  It's basically my car (V6, leather, convertible) but brand new and with all the new bells and whistles.  It makes my 2011 look like an antique.  :D

the current mustangs are damn sexy cars.  I was a big fan of the 2010-2014 style, i thought they hit a high water mark for modern mustangs, in 2015 tho, damn, i was very impressed with my sons 2018 eco-boost coupe, damn nice car even for a base model

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users