12 replies to this topic

#1 SugarTits

SugarTits

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41682 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:21 AM

It looks like I need to go see a doctor. My wife wants me to go to the ER, but I can wait to see my regular doctor after the weekend.

This has never happened until last week, and it has happened 3 time now including last night while sleeping. Severe hunger pangs, followed by extreme nausea while feeling like you are going to pass out. Once you get past that glorious combination of discomfort, I had to get to the bathroom....not immediately but soon there after with diarrhea.

Internet says see a doctor immediately because of insulin.

#2 Zsasz

Zsasz

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37721 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:24 AM

It looks like I need to go see a doctor. My wife wants me to go to the ER, but I can wait to see my regular doctor after the weekend.

This has never happened until last week, and it has happened 3 time now including last night while sleeping. Severe hunger pangs, followed by extreme nausea while feeling like you are going to pass out. Once you get past that glorious combination of discomfort, I had to get to the bathroom....not immediately but soon there after with diarrhea.

Internet says see a doctor immediately because of insulin.

the intertrons are not a good source.  I'm not an expert but I'd assume you might just have a stomach bug.  I had something similar happen last year but never figured out what it was.  got better in a 3-4 days I think.

eta:  obviously if things get worse and you actually pass out, any blood in vomit or stool you should probably go to urgent care and pay the price.  do you have a fever?

Edited by Zsasz, 16 March 2019 - 07:25 AM.

#3 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71914 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:28 AM

Have you been eating later at night than usual? Like too soon before bed?

I don't know why, and it doesn't make much sense but if I eat too much right before bed, I wake up VERY hungry the next morning.

Also, nausea and hunger can kind of go hand in hand sometimes if it's severe hunger. My wife and I call it "hungry nausea" and it usually happens if I wait too long between meals.

My blood sugar/insulin is perfectly normal.

#4 SugarTits

SugarTits

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41682 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:31 AM

We eat about the same time every night. 7 to 8 PM. A little later than I would like, but Mico has either golf or pit orchestra practice every weeknight.

#5 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20538 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:34 AM

Call your PCP’s after hours line. You’ll likely talk to a nurse who can help you figure out your next step.

#6 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31012 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:47 AM

How does alcohol fit into the picture?  If I drink a lot before bed, I might get up to pee at 4am and feel slightly nauseous but not hungry.  The next morning I will feel hungry after about an hour of drinking coffee.  

#7 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71914 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:52 AM

Actually come to think of it, I only had 2 beers last night but I ate a ton of fried chicken, and I woke up at 430am suuuuuuper hungry. Have you been eating a lot of fried chicken? :D

#8 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4366 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 March 2019 - 08:03 AM

That sounds identical to what my wife had last week. It lasted two days. The only difference is that you had hunger pangs, she had abdominal cramps that reminded her of being in labor. It had her down for a day, day two was better but still not good. Day three she was fine. It came out of nowhere in the middle of the night.

#9 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100034 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 16 March 2019 - 08:21 AM

Only skimming this thread quickly, but I agree that fried chicken will solve any health problem.

#10 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32264 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 16 March 2019 - 08:38 AM

Either a bug or you could have a partial blockage/swelling in your intestines. That happens to me if I eat something too spicy like ghost pepper or lots of habanero.

#11 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7902 posts
  • LocationLower, Slower Delaware

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:15 AM

did you at least do a home pregnancy test?

#12 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100034 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:50 PM

Ghost peppers do the exact opposite of blocking my intestines.

#13 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32264 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:52 PM

Ghost peppers do the exact opposite of blocking my intestines.

I get swelling, then cramps, then runs. It sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users