#103 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44037 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 31 December 2019 - 04:41 AM

The developmental editing is complete for RA II. I've got a few minor tweeks and need to blow off the sawdust, but the alpha read is coming. Projecting, but not promising, publication sometime around june 2020. Current page count is about 700. Hoping to trim.

#104 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44037 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:33 PM

Finished another revision today. As of now I could die and some low paid coerced book finisher personlowda could complete the work and it'd be pretty close to where i want it. That said, there's still lots for me to do, gotta make those jokes *pop*.  Semper Gumby is a different animal from Contact, targetted more for fantasy than straight mil folks. But we leave nothing behind. tho.

Quick synopsis of where we're headed:

In Contact, a mysterious force from another world shattered the American military doctrine leaving a blighted scar on the geopolitical landscape.

In Semper Gumby, the Marines return the favor.

#105 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11616 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 08 February 2020 - 04:03 PM

Can’t wait for the book will reread book 1 again to prep my skin.

#106 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5793 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 February 2020 - 04:40 PM

Put me down for a paper copy.

#107 cavman

cavman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11616 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 08 February 2020 - 04:41 PM

Put me down for a skin copy.

#108 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44037 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 08 February 2020 - 05:02 PM

Mobile skin. Call and watch it crawl.

#109 porter

porter

Comptroller of Affairs with Potatoes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12026 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:55 PM

parchment

#110 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44037 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 13 April 2020 - 09:21 AM

The beta read has begun.  

Presently clocking in at 233,000 words. S'big. I might do some hacking based on feedback, but I feel like i've read more ponderosness from real life authors. So i'm not too worried. You don't want to know what they ate for dinner? Skip ahead and find out who they're eating for breakfast.

I think i've got about a month of polishing the narrative. Character specific jargon and trimming down excess wordiness. *giggle*. I've got a good head start on number three, and plan on minting some of the story arcs so i can make sure number II plants the appropriate number of seeds. After that, the process likely puts publication at middle to end of summer. That doesn't factor in delays caused by coronavirus. I know in the non-fiction realm, delays are obscene.  

#111 cavman

cavman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11616 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 13 April 2020 - 08:40 PM

waiting on it.

#112 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44037 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:59 AM

Knob polish completed. Since i'm doing this all by muhself, i've got another pass for line editing and possibly a little wordplay. Thinking about a month before i pull the trigger on the publication process.

Keeping this going with the kids at home and work on fire hasn't been easy. I think if this were any other writing project, i woulda shelved it. But, the entertainment value has been incalculable (giggle). I can't say im jumping up and down at the chance to do more editing, but working with the characters and the particulars of their situation is awesome. 

#113 armagh

armagh

Grumpy Frost Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6662 posts
  • LocationBandit Country

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:08 AM

Knob polish completed. Since i'm doing this all by muhself, i've got another pass for line editing and possibly a little wordplay. Thinking about a month before i pull the trigger on the publication process.

Keeping this going with the kids at home and work on fire hasn't been easy. I think if this were any other writing project, i woulda shelved it. But, the entertainment value has been incalculable (giggle). I can't say im jumping up and down at the chance to do more editing, but working with the characters and the particulars of their situation is awesome. 

Dude, I'm still under contract if you need me.

#114 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44037 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 03 August 2020 - 01:41 PM

I'm about halfway through the final pass. There will be another round of edits, but that'll happen during the publication process. Probably running two weeks behind schedule due to some personal setbacks in July. And professional setbacks, if "professional" is an appropriate modifier for anything i do.  Anyway, really enjoying this last pass. It gets better every time, but there are some premium moments popping out of the page. Well, screen. If i print it out, the wife will know i'm not doing anything productive and repurpose me to vacuuming the driveway.  

Plotting and pantsing the 3rd one, im considering splitting it into a little intra-series trillogy. Contact and Gumby are effectively a bilogy comprising the first part of the series. The next book or trilogy gets us to a critical point, which should line up the finale. Problem is, the content is engorging fast. It's like that star trek episode where picard is living 3 separate timelines (past, future, and present) all at the same time. All the characters are constantly interacting at multiple points in their timelines in a little mental simulator locked deep within teh vagus. Unbelievably entertaining and hard to choo choo choose what comes out.  

Gumby sees a shift in the writing style from a predominantly military audience to more general fantasy. It loses nothing. Might even say it gains some. Gets some. GET SOME!

#115 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5793 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 03 August 2020 - 03:28 PM

Is there a badass and a sharp knife? That's all I need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users