#81 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5879 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:22 PM

Just ordered the paperback. We'll see how this fiction stuff goes. For thr last few years I've been reading all non fiction or technical stuff, or kids books at bedtime. How will this stack up to The Boxcar Children or My Weird School?

#82 idajack

idajack

Werecomptroller

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4434 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:49 PM

All signed copy requests can be sent to nugentw@gmail.com or PM here at brewzbrahs.

I like the idea of signing in blood, but people are weird about blood. One man's fountain of youth is another man's nausea nightmare. I think it would ultimately be poor PR. Plus, sourcing the blood introduces a possible conflict with my other activities. It's weird too because blood is a throw away product once out of the body.

So, fake blood only.

By fake blood I assume you mean 100 proof moonshine with red food coloring?

#83 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11668 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:04 PM

Just ordered the paperback. We'll see how this fiction stuff goes. For thr last few years I've been reading all non fiction or technical stuff, or kids books at bedtime. How will this stack up to The Boxcar Children or My Weird School?

Funny stuff, read the book. Not just as a PHer, I have read thousands of books(average 100 or so a year over the the last 20). This has elements I enjoy and is a page turner. Dis's book is next up.

#84 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44433 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:26 AM

How does promoting a self publishing effort work?

Does anyone you don’t know ever buy one?

It's like applying for jobs with no resume.  It's a saturated market (1 million indie pubs a year) even if you have something totally unique and provoking. But, if you have that, then you probably have help from industry experts. 

As with any product, i can take out ads do book signings and beat it into peoples' brains. But at this point it's less that im selling the book and more that i'm selling myself. 

There have been a couple sales to people i do not know. Chances are they would've bought the book even if there wasn't a book for sale. It's all probabilities and outliers.

#85 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44433 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:38 AM

Tracks pretty close with a standard boxcar children plot. I mean you have to assume the kids have grown up, gone through boot camp, school of infantry, qualed on small arms big arms scout sniper certs, started jackin T in barracks to compensate for a lack of sex while deployed on tours in iraq and afghanistan, and then found themselves part of the deadliest battalion on the planet facing down yet another zany plot with plenty of mishap and hijinks.

#86 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44433 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 02 March 2019 - 04:29 AM

Starting to get some feedback from readers and appreciate the reviews. Passed it out to some clients and it helped smooth some tense negotiations yesterday. Just a few moments of levity using the content in the book. 

A downside is that my wife's family is attempting to read it. Totally the wrong stuff, AND I didn't make a lot of attempts to hide all the spots where i made fun of them in the book.  It's kinda like handing The Controlled Burn (tehdis) to a church youth group.

So, the Wiesbaden Press website. I don't design webs. We're hoping for a news page, some blogging stuff, a mechanism to purchase signed copies and ... whatever, and then some deets about complete and in process projects.  

Any ... pitfalls i should be aware of?  Hoping to use a low cost builder Wordpress, godaddy's thing, etc to get something functional up. Then, if there's an actual interest, maybe we put time and coinage into a more polished thing.  

#87 armagh

armagh

Grumpy Frost Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6664 posts
  • LocationBandit Country

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:50 AM

Reviewed on Amazon.

#88 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44433 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 02 March 2019 - 04:04 PM

Reviewed on Amazon.

Much appreciated!

#89 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44433 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:44 AM

Since tehdis and I haven't established our web presence yet, imma use this for periodic updates.

The wife went on vacation this past weekend leaving me and one of the chillrens at home to feast on flesh.  I used the opportunity to descend into my animal realm and pushed RA #2 past the mid point. I have no specific timeline, but there's a chance it'll enter an alpha read stage sometime in summer, maybe late summer. 

#90 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44433 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:49 PM

Dudes, paperback price drop on Amazon. D-day sale! Act now and secure your place in my penny bag.

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,128&sr=8-2

If you're looking for an update on #2, go to hell. I ain't gotta wurk if i don't wanna.  Wait, strike that. I've been pushing hard and we're at about 130,000 words. Expecting it to hit 160k when its all said and done. Pacing is a little different for reasons that will become obvious, but i think it'll still massage all the right places. Expecting two additional rounds of editing before releasing it to the Alpha team.  

#91 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21938 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:23 PM

Whoa missed this thread. You get jingle from the kindle version?

You happen to be related to a Ryan?

#92 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44433 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:33 PM

Whoa missed this thread. You get jingle from the kindle version?

You happen to be related to a Ryan?

Kindle is actually a little more jingle than paperback due to production costs. No Ryan to my knowledge.

#93 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21938 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:54 PM

Cool I got some credits so might as well toss’m your direction. :)

10-4, knew an eccentric feller wondered if there was a relation. ;)

Edited by pods8, 04 June 2019 - 05:54 PM.

#94 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87018 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 06:01 PM

Kindle version ftw. I also bought the paperback but I don't read analog books anymore, I just wanted it for my collection of awesome shit.

But I'm enjoying it either way. And reading books by my brews bros inspires me. I'm up to page 20 of my own book FWIW :D

Edited by the_stain, 04 June 2019 - 06:01 PM.

#95 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44433 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 04 June 2019 - 06:17 PM

Cool I got some credits so might as well toss’m your direction. :)

10-4, knew an eccentric feller wondered if there was a relation. ;)

I never met any eccentric people either. Lol

#96 jimdkc

jimdkc

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2379 posts
  • LocationIndependence, MO

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:32 AM

Picked up the Kindle version... need to find time to read now!

#97 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44433 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:22 AM

Picked up the Kindle version... need to find time to read now!

Appreciated! While there's no audio version (i've got some weird ideas about what i want to do about that) Alexa will read that shit to you if you ask her. It's not perfect, but it's not Stephan Hawking either. It's how my wife managed to muddle through.

Kindle version ftw. I also bought the paperback but I don't read analog books anymore, I just wanted it for my collection of awesome shit.

But I'm enjoying it either way. And reading books by my brews bros inspires me. I'm up to page 20 of my own book FWIW :D

Stay inspired. Did tehdis ever respond to your two chapters?  I had to forward the emails because his access point is through apple and clearly crimping his style.

#98 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40585 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:59 PM

I never met any eccentric people either. Lol

Sometimes I feel like I live in a bubble of eccentricity.

#99 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44433 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

Sometimes I feel like I live in a bubble of eccentricity.

I'm their living lord and savior. I am the alpha, the omega, the grecko and the roman. 

#100 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44433 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 29 September 2019 - 02:43 PM

First draft of Realms' Anchor II is complete.  Don't ask how long it is. Girth. 

Got a round of edits to identify and improve weaknesses then it'll be ready for the alpha readers.

I'm adding some illustrations too. I'm not an artist and will be contracting the work. Never paid for artsy stuff before, so we'll see what that's like.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users