#1 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Comptroller of BigAssMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43316 posts
  • Locationen route

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:52 PM

Do you recall Fathers Clements or Haskins from our days at CCHS? I *know* you remember Clements. Well...

2 outta 183. https://www.google.c.../amp/2848547002

And I didn’t say she remembers him for any personal reason, just that he was a large presence at our school.

#2 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7079 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:04 PM

I do remember Clements from CCHS. Fathers Harkins and Osinski were both at St Stephens (my grade school.) Osinski was in charge of the alter boys.

It’s just so sickening. I have always said that I’m more disgusted by the people that hid these crimes than the actual offenders.

I know 3. What do I win!!??

#3 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Comptroller of BigAssMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43316 posts
  • Locationen route

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:05 PM

You win... that. Enjoy.

#4 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24639 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:16 PM

Horry sheet at the list...wowzers!

#5 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Comptroller of BigAssMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43316 posts
  • Locationen route

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:20 PM

On the “plus” side, most of the accused who aren’t deceased have been removed from the priesthood.

#6 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7079 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:09 AM

Oh this is fantastic!

From 2012...

Defrocked Priest Now TSA Agent
https://abcnews.go.c...n-philadelphia/

He has also held the position of Transportation Security Officer and Supervisory Transportation Security Officer Screening Manager. He did conduct pat-downs in those roles.

Edited by weep er, 14 February 2019 - 03:11 AM.

#7 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20392 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:35 AM

On the “plus” side, most of the accused who aren’t deceased have been removed from the priesthood.

but they were not turned over to the police when charges could have been filed

#8 realbeerguy

realbeerguy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1929 posts
  • LocationBluffton, SC

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:59 AM

Saw that my HS Latin teacher on the list.  

Guess that's why we never got along.

#9 Hines

Hines

Comptroller of Emus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7489 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:21 AM

183, i thought that might be in the USA.  That was in one damn shitty little state!

#10 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30510 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:40 AM

I always thought the "molesting priest" was the trifecta of all crimes... first, you have people who belong to the church, a peace-loving, God-fearing people.  Then you have these people doing very offensive things to children in a place that's supposed to be safe.  Finally, you have male priests having inappropriate contact with young boys.  This is not just "wow", this is "special-place-in-hell wow".  Plus... the sheer magnitude of it... not just one person here, one person there.  It's an epidemic.  Then you have the coverup.   SMH.  

#11 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4175 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:56 AM

I'm waiting for the Chicago Archdiocese list to come out. I don't have anyone I suspect, but I want to see.

#12 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7079 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:04 AM

I always thought the "molesting priest" was the trifecta of all crimes... first, you have people who belong to the church, a peace-loving, God-fearing people. Then you have these people doing very offensive things to children in a place that's supposed to be safe. Finally, you have male priests having inappropriate contact with young boys. This is not just "wow", this is "special-place-in-hell wow". Plus... the sheer magnitude of it... not just one person here, one person there. It's an epidemic. Then you have the coverup. SMH.

Many girls have been molested, too.

#13 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30510 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:25 AM

Many girls have been molested, too.

That's true and I didn't mean to overlook that.  

#14 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7079 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:11 PM

I understand. It just reminded me of something related

Not that YOU meant this , but there are a lot of people that think priests that abuse young boys are just gay men who were attempting celibacy. Most people don’t know Pedophilia has nothing to do with sexual preference.

#15 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30510 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:30 PM

I understand. It just reminded me of something related

Not that YOU meant this , but there are a lot of people that think priests that abuse young boys are just gay men who were attempting celibacy. Most people don’t know Pedophilia has nothing to do with sexual preference.

The part that gets me is that these are clearly people who respect the church and all its teachings but then they molest kids (I assume that's in the handbook) and men molesting boys (again, "gay" must be in the handbook).  If pedophilia doesn't see gender that's news to me but I wonder what that powerful person in the sky thinks.   :huh:

#16 Zsasz

Zsasz

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37416 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:38 PM

Let the preists marry and you'd probably end up with a more normal population doing that job.

#17 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7079 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:44 PM

The part that gets me is that these are clearly people who respect the church and all its teachings but then they molest kids (I assume that's in the handbook) and men molesting boys (again, "gay" must be in the handbook). If pedophilia doesn't see gender that's news to me but I wonder what that powerful person in the sky thinks. :huh:

What I mean to say is that pedophilia is about manipulating/power over a child, not necessarily tied to sexual preference. A pedophile may be heterosexual but still abuse girls and boys. Does that make them bisexual? I can’t even think of it that way. They are just a pedophile destroying children.
I think that

Let the preists marry and you'd probably end up with a more normal population doing that job.

I think that pedophiles have ended up in that occupation because maybe, in some ways, they thought being closer to God would cure them. I don’t know.

I refuse to believe that denying men of sex turns them into child abusers.—- Which is a theory out there.

Edited by weep er, 14 February 2019 - 02:45 PM.

#18 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30510 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

I have said many times that the Catholic church is probably going to have to get on board with new(er) ideas or it may disappear.  Let priests be married.  Allow gay people.  Allow for women priests.  Stop being so medieval and get with the times.  Our Lutheran church has married pastors and a gay pastor (woman) and I know there are gay people in the congregation too.  The church is also quite diverse.  As far as the pedophiles, etc., I have no angle on it.  It's clearly a rampant issue and it clearly needs to be addressed instead of hidden.  

#19 Zsasz

Zsasz

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37416 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:12 PM

I refuse to believe that denying men of sex turns them into child abusers.—- Which is a theory out there.

that's not my theory.  I think these guys are like this to begin with.  my thought is that you could dilute the pedos by widening the net to include people who are interested in relationships with adults and aren't willing to give that up.

#20 weep er

weep er

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7079 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:32 PM

that's not my theory. I think these guys are like this to begin with. my thought is that you could dilute the pedos by widening the net to include people who are interested in relationships with adults and aren't willing to give that up.

I understand and I do agree.

In general, and not anything in this thread, I get very defensive when people start to associate gay with pedophile... lines get blurred very quickly in those discussions. Next thing you know, there are percentages proving that x% of homosexuals are child molesters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users