3 replies to this topic

#1 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31429 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:21 PM

In this version of "Mail", conversations are lumped together if they have the same subject (which seems reasonable and also seems to be true of older mail apps).  So this afternoon I started an email chain with someone and then at some point I forwarded that email chain to a coworker and the conversation continued with just us two.  Now I need to reply to the original guy whose emails are way at the bottom of the chain but if I hit REPLY, my reply automatically goes to my coworker because he was the last guy I emailed.  What am I missing?  Is there a setting to "unlump" these emails?  I could also see it being a bug because I'm noticing A LOT of bugs and a Google search confirms that.  Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

#2 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56679 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:31 PM

I'm surprised they don't just include the outlook client at this point in windows.

FTR - I don't like O365 outlook, its slow and the interface is clunky.

#3 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31429 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:34 PM

I was bouncing this off my wife because she's been using it too and she agreed that she had the same issue.  I could hit REPLY (and it would default to the second person I was emailing) and then I could manually change the recipient to the original guy but then I feel like I would have to manually delete the emails between me and my coworker just in case he called the original guy an idiot somewhere in the emails.  :lol:  I don't know if I'm making sense here but it's just very different and it's not intuitive.  

#4 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25004 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:08 AM

I don't use W10 Mail, but as I remember there is a setting for this. You'll have to drill down in the settings. I'll look it up if you don't get it worked out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users