Photo

Have you ever been held up?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you ever been held up? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you ever been robbed by someone with a gun?

1. Yes (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

2. No (16 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

3. No pants full of crap (1 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kellermeister

Kellermeister

Comptroller of Grievances

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts
  • Locationthese are not the droids you are looking for

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:06 PM

If yes, I hope you survived. Please tell your story below.

#2 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38615 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:14 PM

I don't think he had a gun, but a dude popped out of the shadows one night shouting "I know you got money!"

I whipped out a knife and he bolted. Thought I was such a bad ass at the time. Damned lucky, that's what I was. Might've gotten hep C or something while bathing in his blood.

#3 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15299 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:39 PM

No gun was brandished, but a friend and I were "mugged" off of our bikes riding home from a bar at 2:15 after closing.  At the last second one of the ruffians pulled out a length of 2x4 and my friend had to swerve to avoid a whack, and another ruffian was close enough to grab the handlebars and take control of the bike.  I jumped off mine and we scuffled, they got away on our bikes.  We went to nearest doorstop to ask for police and got told no, had to go to the next door to call popo.  This was before cellphones.     The popo had aparently already been called b/c they showed up right then and we ended up getting our bikes back and I only had a nasty bruise to my forearm to show for it.  

#4 Kellermeister

Kellermeister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:51 PM

I was working the night shift at a convenience store and about 4am a guy came in with a red cloth over his façe with eye holes cut out. And he had a pistol in his hand, which was shaking a lot. He said, Gimme all yo money, I want all yo money!

I said, you got it buddy, and opened the register. We usually only kept about $50 in change, everything above that got pushed into a locked safe. He grabbed at the money but he was shaking so bad he dropped some of it. He said I want it all and took a bead on me again. I opened the safe and pulled out a cash bag with a few rolls of coins. He must have thought he hit the jackpot and he ran out the door dropping bills here and there. I waited a few minutes and went outside and picked up the money he dropped and put it in a cash register. A cop came in the store not long after, which was weird because I had not had time to call. Maybe someone saw it and called it in.

That kind of messed me up for a while. I quit that job and moved out of the neighborhood which I should have done long before.

#5 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18783 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:12 PM

Not held up, but broke into while we were home.  In college, I was in a 3 bedroom townhouse.  I went to bed around 1am, and my one roomie was still up listening to music playing playstation.  About an hour later, the volume cranked up rather high.  I just thought my roomie was getting drunk and jammin.  After about 10min, I poked my head out the room to tell him to turn it the F down.  I see a strange guy duck around the corner.  WTF.  I grabbed a baseball bat I kept in my room and came down the stairs.  There were 2 guys pulling apart the TV cables.  Apparently, my roomie went to bed with the radio on and left the door unlocked.  These guys came in and saw no one was up, turned up the radio to drown out the noise and proceeded to start robbing the place.  I hit the one guy high in the shoulder as he started to run, as the other one dashed out the door.  The guy I hit made it out the door before I could swing again.  

Edited by AspenLeif, 06 February 2019 - 08:12 PM.

#6 badogg

badogg

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26447 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:22 PM

Oh boy. Several times.

I was jumped/robbed by gangs in Hayward California more times I can count being pretty much the only blonde hair/blue eyed kid. Only one time was a gun pointed at me, a few times threatened with a knife. Only one of those times was I actually stabbed, in the shoulder. I survived because I refused to just cower and take my beating. I would always fight back even though outnumbered like 10 to one or more. Looking back, that might be why I got stabbed though. Lol

#7 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4795 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:31 PM

I got held up about twenty years ago. At the time we rode two to a truck at work. My partner Rob was always running into people he knew. We pulled into an alley in the ghetto, we needed to wait for the electric company to move a wire so that we could work, we were killing time. I was in the passenger seat, Rob in the drivers of a line truck, a twelve foot tall forty thousand pound bucket truck.

I had my face buried in a newspaper and Rob was talking to some guy out the window. He tapped me and told me to get my money out. I looked up and realized that Rob wasn't talking to some old buddy, a guy had climbed up the steps to the cab and had a gun pointed in the window. I gave him the ten bucks I had, Rob did the same, and the dude ran off. He never asked for tools or even Rob's nice wrist watch.

#8 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57812 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

I make it a rule never to date a gal that can hold me up.

#9 BeersBeers24/7

BeersBeers24/7

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5466 posts
  • LocationAshevegas!

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:40 PM

Fortunately never, vibes for the rest

#10 DieselGopher

DieselGopher

Executive Director of Whatnot and what not

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10923 posts
  • Locationhanging around

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:16 PM

Yes. In high school. Was a part time worker at an auto parts store. They obviously watched our routine. End of business Friday night, front door locked, I opened back door to take garbage and recycling out to dumpster, got a large wheel gun in the face. It was in the hands of a scrawny punk wearing a bandana, his associate was behind him with a semi auto pistol. They pushed me towards the bathroom, and waited in the back room, both holding on me. Asst mgr came back after a bit to see where I was. When he walked through the door, one guy pointed at him and then locked us both in the bathroom after taping our mouths, hands behind our back and our ankles. Asst mgr guy was in the process of counting out the three tills up front. They walked up, swept up the cash and bolted. We waited until we for sure didn’t hear any activity then started to wrangle out of the duct tape. Kicked down the door to get out, and called the cops. Full investigation, was there half the night. Had to be back in the morning to open, that sucked. Still pissed that my fingerprints are on file, I had to go in so they could eliminate mine from everything they dusted. A$$holes probably got $200, $300 tops. I can see those bullets in the wheel crystal fecking clear anytime that night pops into my head. That visual is not accompanied by a good feeling...

#11 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74335 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:21 PM

No. Friend of mine was mugged once but I have avoided such nonsense.

#12 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10159 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:24 PM

Not a gun, but a group threatened me in an arcade when I was a kid while playing Rampage. It was about 5 kids a little older I gave them a couple of quarters then left.

#13 StankDelicious

StankDelicious

Comptroller of BigBossMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11554 posts
  • LocationMarylandistan

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:48 PM

I was on a first date coming out of a movie. 3 little hispanic gangbangers approached us in a parking lot. I heard, "Hey man, give us some money." I ignored them and kept walking. They stepped in front of us and the dude in the middle said, "I don't think you ####ing heard me. Give me your money." His homies starting breaking to the left and right. I broke leather and as soon as they saw my gun they beat feet. The chick I was with started yelling at me for having a gun and demanded I take her home. FML...

#14 Corbin

Corbin

Comptroller of Annoying-assed Threads That Go Too Freaking Long

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9274 posts
  • LocationSt. louis, Mo.

Posted 08 February 2019 - 06:46 AM

I always wonder if I was about to. I used to deliver pizzas on the side. Went to make a delivery and half way there realized I forgot a salad and turned around. The delivery was close. As I am heading back police cars with sirens blaring start flying buy. I turn onto the street for the delivery and the cops have it blocked. As I drive closer a cop who was all business and hand on his holstered firearm approached my car. (This was a mom and pop place, i didnt have any signage on my car) He asks me what I am doing. I tell him I am delivering to 1234 Pizza Ave. He says "not tonight. There was a shooting there. They were waiting for you". I have no idea if he meant they were waiting for the food I had or I was going to be part of whatever happened.

#15 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20947 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:12 AM

When I did collections for rent a center I had people greet me at the door with a visible gun.

#16 Kellermeister

Kellermeister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:33 AM

I bet that job sucked.

#17 brewguy

brewguy

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2376 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:23 AM

No visible weapons, but a team of gypsies tried to pickpocket me on the subway in Barcelona. Two of them, a tough looking guy and a woman with a fake baby, blocked the way out and distracted while a third snuck up behind me. Luckily the locals warned me, and I looked down to see the third guy’s hand in my pocket. I bolted.

#18 realbeerguy

realbeerguy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1956 posts
  • LocationBluffton, SC

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:41 AM

Was waiting in a line at the convenience store to get a Lotto ticket and the guy in front of me jumped the counter, showed the gun and told everyone to be still as he emptied the register.  His lookout guarded the door.  We were all told to not turn around as they ran out into a waiting car.  When I went back into my car SWMBO asked if I got the ticket.  Said no, they just got robbed.  "Before you went in?" " NO, THEY JUST GOT ROBBED!"

Went down to the next store to get my ticket, told them what happened.  Clerk said it happens about one a month at that location.

Ticket didn't win.

#19 Gumbo Leviathan

Gumbo Leviathan

Nutritional Anthropologist

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24007 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:19 PM

Not held up - but some gypsies tried to pickpocket me in Paris.  I was near the Eiffel Tower and they did this typical ploy of coming up to you with a piece of paper with something written on it.  The idea is you look at the paper and while distracted, they get your wallet.  Well, I knew about this trick, and I also knew to keep my wallet in my jacket breast pocket and not in my rear jeans pocket.  

I felt a hand slip into my rear pocket and my old martial arts training kicked in.  This scrawny dude found himself face first in the dirt.  I stepped back a bit and stared and he scrambled up and away with his partner

#20 brewguy

brewguy

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2376 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:05 PM

I stepped back a bit and stared and he scrambled up and away with his partner

That’s some Bruce Lee shit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users