Last Friday I made a Vienna Lager with 2782. The fermenter was in the fridge set to 50°, the airlock was connected to a keg and the other post was sent out to a small bucket of sanitizing solution. I watched over a couple of days as NO bubbles showed in the solution. Typically after 12 hours or so the solution is bubbling along nicely. 2 days, 3 days, etc. and no action. The 2782 was just taken out of another beer so it seemed weird. I checked the lid of the fermenter and the other connections. All good. There are times when a PRV will sit in a spot where it's actually open (it gets stuck between the two pieces and is open) so I checked that. Nope, it was closed. But as I was playing with that I noticed that the PRV itself (the piece that screws in) was loose. This is very weird because when I was troubleshooting some gas leakages, I tightened those down (with a wrench) on all my kegs. Tightened it, swirled the primary and boom... bubbles. It's always something. A hydro reading tells me it's just about done.
A bit of weirdness...
Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:54 PM
Well, at least you didn't lose all the free CO2!
I know. I was worried about that. There was enough fermentation to go to purge my keg... I hope!
Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:52 PM
Probably gremlins. If you hear a John Denver song while you're working on your brewery, get the hell out of there.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users