3 replies to this topic

#1 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53514 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:37 PM

Last Friday I made a Vienna Lager with 2782.  The fermenter was in the fridge set to 50°, the airlock was connected to a keg and the other post was sent out to a small bucket of sanitizing solution.  I watched over a couple of days as NO bubbles showed in the solution.  Typically after 12 hours or so the solution is bubbling along nicely.  2 days, 3 days, etc. and no action.  The 2782 was just taken out of another beer so it seemed weird.  I checked the lid of the fermenter and the other connections.  All good.  There are times when a PRV will sit in a spot where it's actually open (it gets stuck between the two pieces and is open) so I checked that.  Nope, it was closed.  But as I was playing with that I noticed that the PRV itself (the piece that screws in) was loose.  This is very weird because when I was troubleshooting some gas leakages, I tightened those down (with a wrench) on all my kegs.  Tightened it, swirled the primary and boom... bubbles.  It's always something.  :D  A hydro reading tells me it's just about done.  

#2 pkrone

pkrone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationTejas

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:21 PM

Well, at least you didn't lose all the free CO2!

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53514 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:54 PM

Well, at least you didn't lose all the free CO2!

I know.  I was worried about that.  There was enough fermentation to go to purge my keg... I hope!  :D

#4 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:52 PM

Probably gremlins. If you hear a John Denver song while you're working on your brewery, get the hell out of there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users