#1 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:57 PM

I still use them occasionally since Inbev bought them.  I've gotten a "we miss you" email and a 20% discount even for bags of grain.  Not too bad.  Around a buck a pound for base malt on my doorstep.  Then I got more emails for 20% off, filled my cart with bags and got no, no, no.....  Not for bags of grain.  I went back and forth with emails asking them to put the exceptions in the email offers.  Finally they started doing that.

A couple weeks ago I got another "we miss you" email with 20% off including bags of grain.  I scroll down to get the code. "Coupon expired" or something like that.  More emails back and forth.  They couldn't understand the issue even with a screen shot of the email. More back and forth and finally they sent me a $15 electronic gift card.

That was nice of them.  So I loaded up the cart to get my $15 dollar order - "invalid gift card".  I don't think they are going to put the locals out of business

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:07 PM

I still use them occasionally since Inbev bought them.  I've gotten a "we miss you" email and a 20% discount even for bags of grain.  Not too bad.  Around a buck a pound for base malt on my doorstep.  Then I got more emails for 20% off, filled my cart with bags and got no, no, no.....  Not for bags of grain.  I went back and forth with emails asking them to put the exceptions in the email offers.  Finally they started doing that.

A couple weeks ago I got another "we miss you" email with 20% off including bags of grain.  I scroll down to get the code. "Coupon expired" or something like that.  More emails back and forth.  They couldn't understand the issue even with a screen shot of the email. More back and forth and finally they sent me a $15 electronic gift card.

That was nice of them.  So I loaded up the cart to get my $15 dollar order - "invalid gift card".  I don't think they are going to put the locals out of business

I used them a couple of times prior to the inbev buyout and they did just fine.  too bad.

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54010 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

My issue with them is the shipping thing.  Midwest and NB were doing the same thing and I'm not sure if they still do it... if you select priority shipping they will process your order and get it out right away.  If you select normal shipping they assume you're not in a hurry and your order may not ship for a week.  I suppose that's fine as long as you know ahead of time but most places (RiteBrew for example) get your order shipped out REALLY fast regardless of what shipping method you select.  I also went back and forth with them by email on that topic and it basically ended with "that's how we do it".  Okay.  

#4 LeftyMPfrmDE

LeftyMPfrmDE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:25 PM

Used NB before the inbev buy out many moons ago. Was never a fan of the lead times on shipping.

When i do shop online, the go to is morebeer; they opened up a warehouse near Pittsburgh, PA a few years ago, and can get a order within 2 days.

#5 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54010 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:47 PM

Used NB before the inbev buy out many moons ago. Was never a fan of the lead times on shipping.

When i do shop online, the go to is morebeer; they opened up a warehouse near Pittsburgh, PA a few years ago, and can get a order within 2 days.

Yeah, that's nice.  It comes down to who takes care of you.  Label Peelers is quick and their prices are good.  I can get 55-lb sacks of grain delivered for less than it costs me to pick it up locally.  RiteBrew is another one.  They're in Wisconsin and very quick and very good prices.  When people seem to do their best for you, that's who you work with.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users