9 replies to this topic

#1 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

I told myself no new hops and then I saw some good reviews on these so I grabbed a pound of each.  I know a few have talked bout strata but anyone play with Sabro?

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

nope.  the strata smells incredible though.  I can tell you that.  we'll see how it is in beer in about 2 weeks.

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54004 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:32 PM

I told myself no new hops and then I saw some good reviews on these so I grabbed a pound of each.  I know a few have talked bout strata but anyone play with Sabro?

Do we have to take a hop physical inventory for you to realize that you have entirely too many hops in stock?  :lol: 

#4 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:41 PM

Do we have to take a hop physical inventory for you to realize that you have entirely too many hops in stock? :lol:

Lol... I know I do. Threw 6#'s out last weekend so I made some room. :)

#5 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54004 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

Lol... I know I do. Threw 6#'s out last weekend so I made some room. :)

:covreyes:

#6 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:45 AM

Sabro is the hop formerly known as "Ron Mexico".  It's neo Mexicanus.  A bit earthy for my tastes.  I tried an all Sabro beer last year at a hop farm and had to try to think of something nice to say about it!

Do we have to take a hop physical inventory for you to realize that you have entirely too many hops in stock?  :lol:

I have acquired 35 lb. of hops in the last 2 weeks, on top of maybe 15 lb. I already had.  I have TOO MANY hops!

#7 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

Sabro is the hop formerly known as "Ron Mexico". It's neo Mexicanus. A bit earthy for my tastes. I tried an all Sabro beer last year at a hop farm and had to try to think of something nice to say about it!

I have acquired 35 lb. of hops in the last 2 weeks, on top of maybe 15 lb. I already had. I have TOO MANY hops!

You have my address for those extra hops :)

Your review on Sabro is much different that this from a NEIPA style group I belong to... Just have to try them and see.
"this hop is awesome. It got a strong aroma and taste of pineapple, citrus fruit and coconut. The coconut part tastes like real coconut. Really bizarre and really good. When I tasted it before the first dry hop, the pineapple dominated and the coconut was more in the background. Seems like the coconut flavor pops out the most during dry hop. If you wanna brew a "Pina Colada IPA" without adjuncts, this is the hop for you This should pair great with other fruity hops"

#8 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:00 PM

Your review on Sabro is much different that this from a NEIPA style group I belong to... Just have to try them and see.
"this hop is awesome. It got a strong aroma and taste of pineapple, citrus fruit and coconut. The coconut part tastes like real coconut. Really bizarre and really good. When I tasted it before the first dry hop, the pineapple dominated and the coconut was more in the background. Seems like the coconut flavor pops out the most during dry hop. If you wanna brew a "Pina Colada IPA" without adjuncts, this is the hop for you This should pair great with other fruity hops"

facebook group?

#9 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:08 PM

facebook group?

Yes

#10 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:33 PM

Haha, exactly what I was thinking!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users