3 replies to this topic

#1 new2brew

new2brew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

Wanted to know if a psi regulator is needed for hurricane burner. From what i have seen on Youtube people are just using a shutoff valves and running straight gas. I already have a 1/2 in. quick disconnect for my outdoor grille, and have thought about using the line to connect to the burner. Although i dont know if i would need the 1/4npt. valve shown on the manu. web site. I have seen a video on economy burner building and making a venturi has anyone tried this type of setup.

#2 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1507 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:03 AM

post moved to the brewing section

#3 stangbat

stangbat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationKC Metro, KS side

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:11 PM

NG in the home is already low pressure and a regulator is not needed. There is already a regulator at the meter outside your house.The difference between propane and NG burners is the orifice size. I don't think any Hurricane burners are made for NG but I could be wrong. If the burner is made for propane, the only way to make it work for NG is to physically drill out the orifices to a larger size. No small feat for a Hurricane burner and not worth the trouble IMHO.

#4 Spoon

Spoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationLower Alabama

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:32 PM

NG in the home is already low pressure and a regulator is not needed. There is already a regulator at the meter outside your house.The difference between propane and NG burners is the orifice size. I don't think any Hurricane burners are made for NG but I could be wrong. If the burner is made for propane, the only way to make it work for NG is to physically drill out the orifices to a larger size. No small feat for a Hurricane burner and not worth the trouble IMHO.

Call your gas company. They will provide the best advice for free. They want you to buy the gas so whatever will help you safely use it they will assist. They might even come out and plumb it up for ya too if you ask. I know around my place it is dirt cheap to get them to run gas lines.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users