#61 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10159 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:24 PM

That is close but I think it is Pat's ball.

Wrong thread

Edited by cavman, 13 January 2019 - 12:25 PM.

#62 jimdkc

jimdkc

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts
  • LocationIndependence, MO

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:54 PM

Was expecting a dusting to 3"... Ended up getting 11". 

My stupid cheap electric snowblower is worthless for anything over about 4-5". Maybe someday I'll get a real one. (Nah... then I'd have to use it...)

#63 Fred Beefsteak

Fred Beefsteak

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31036 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:00 AM

Supposed to rain off and on all week... Can’t wait... we need the water, but the Hill/Wolsey burn areas are screwed

Edited by Slartiblartfast, 14 January 2019 - 12:02 AM.

#64 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74335 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:02 AM

Every year I tell myself this is the year I'll buy a snowblower, then we end up having a mild winter and i decide not do. One day I'll get bit in the ass by this.

#65 Ineedacatscan

Ineedacatscan

Comptroller of BAW!!!1!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3523 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:03 AM

Every year I tell myself this is the year I'll buy a snowblower, then we end up having a mild winter and i decide not do. One day I'll get bit in the ass by this.

Or you can guarantee mild winters and buy the snow blower.

#66 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32041 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:40 AM

On one hand, I rarely use mine.  I always have it ready in the garage, I have the gas+2-stage oil ready and all of that and if we get a good 6+ inches of snow, I use it.  I also use it if the snow is heavy.  But I had a leaky gas line in it last year and only knew that because I used it and then the garage smelled like gas for weeks.  So I put it outside and left it there the rest of the season and just used a shovel.  I only really need it for big snows... which are rare.  

#67 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74335 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:47 AM

Yeah, same here.  The main reason I would want one is because in the spring (our snowiest season) we sometimes get really wet, heavy snow (the "heart attack snow") and it SUCKS to shovel it. But it's not that common, and about 50% of the time, it melts in a day or two and I end up not needing to shovel anyway.  But man... on those days when it sticks around and it takes an hour to shovel the driveway even with the whole family pitching in, those snowblowers in front of Home Depot start to look very tempting.... :D

#68 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22696 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:08 AM

Nada... zip... zilch.  No snow even remaining on the ground from what we did have.

#69 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32041 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:36 AM

Yeah, same here.  The main reason I would want one is because in the spring (our snowiest season) we sometimes get really wet, heavy snow (the "heart attack snow") and it SUCKS to shovel it. But it's not that common, and about 50% of the time, it melts in a day or two and I end up not needing to shovel anyway.  But man... on those days when it sticks around and it takes an hour to shovel the driveway even with the whole family pitching in, those snowblowers in front of Home Depot start to look very tempting.... :D

Of course, some of the models aren't as good with that super heavy snow.  I have a decent Toro machine but when the snow is REALLY heavy, it jams.  I have to back up, shake the machine a little bit and then start again.  Still better than shoveling but it just seems like the worst snow to shovel is also the worst snow to snowblow.  

#70 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38615 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:11 AM

sbsbsbsbsbdbdbdbd

#71 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 102090 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:48 AM

*shakes it till the white falls out*

#72 Fred Beefsteak

Fred Beefsteak

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31036 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:04 PM

We’ve had 4 straight days of rain, I’m loving it... We need it, but it’s not timely post wild fires...

#73 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11869 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

7%20day.jpg

:cabbagepatch:

#74 Fred Beefsteak

Fred Beefsteak

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31036 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:35 PM

Snow way

#75 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22696 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:20 AM

Round two is coming.  The local soothsayer has prognosticated that it will start around mid day today and go through tomorrow morning, dumping 11 inches on Madison... to be followed by freezing rain.

My son was off on Friday (end of semester), yesterday (MLK) and today (Teacher Inservice)... If what they say is coming does indeed come... I expect a Snow Day tomorrow.

#76 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11869 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:23 AM

Round two is coming.  The local soothsayer has prognosticated that it will start around mid day today and go through tomorrow morning, dumping 11 inches on Madison... to be followed by freezing rain.

My son was off on Friday (end of semester), yesterday (MLK) and today (Teacher Inservice)... If what they say is coming does indeed come... I expect a Snow Day tomorrow.

We got downgraded overnight from 4-7" to only 2". Feck.

#77 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22696 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:04 AM

We got downgraded overnight from 4-7" to only 2". Feck.

I'm kinda torn because usually they are wrong... however with the system that came in over the weekend, I think they were spot on with their predictions.

#78 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11869 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:21 PM

I'm kinda torn because usually they are wrong... however with the system that came in over the weekend, I think they were spot on with their predictions.

1/4” of dust so far.

#79 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22696 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:23 PM

light dusting here as well so far.  I put some salt down on the asphalt driveway and so far it hasn't been overwhelmed.

#80 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32041 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:37 PM

It's weird because it's mid-20s here and it's been raining/sleeting all day.  My car was like a glazed doughnut this morning.  If I walk outside now it's sort of misting... very weird.  Supposedly 2-5" more snow between now and midday tomorrow.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users