#1 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:31 AM

Fellas, I just bought a well-used double tap box, SS coils, shanks, taps, hose and regulator.  The SS alone was worth the money.  My plan is to break it into two small cubes for times I only want to pour one keg, and if two are needed/wanted they can be side by side.

Looking for advise on cleaning all parts, especially the coils.  The guy said he cleaned everything but by the looks of his garage and the inside of the soon to be trashed cooler, his idea and my idea of "clean" are totally different :)  I'll breakdown and clean everything I can but how about the coils and parts I can't really see?

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:38 AM

I personally would do a few cycles or warm( 150) PBW.  I would use a pump of some sort to recirculate for a period of time then do a water rinse and try it again.  I would also run a cycle of double strength saniclean (starsan would work too) after I am done.  I would do a soak of the other components in hot PBW as well.

#3 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:45 AM

I personally would do a few cycles or warm( 150) PBW.  I would use a pump of some sort to recirculate for a period of time then do a water rinse and try it again.  I would also run a cycle of double strength saniclean (starsan would work too) after I am done.  I would do a soak of the other components in hot PBW as well.

Standard thorough nuking of all things lurking in the shadows.  

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53897 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:54 AM

LD Carlson has some stuff called Easy Clean.  It was one of the best cleaners I had used and the label suggested using safety goggles and impervious gloves when you used it.  I watched it take a beer-stained length of tubing from 'yellow-amber' to clear.  Very good stuff but to be honest I was kind of freaked out by it's potential and eventually switched to Oxi.  If you want a turbo-powered cleanser, this is YOUR product.  Then some sanitizer as suggested.   

#5 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:00 AM

BLC (beer line cleaner) might be good to use, too.

#6 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:00 AM

LD Carlson has some stuff called Easy Clean.  It was one of the best cleaners I had used and the label suggested using safety goggles and impervious gloves when you used it.  I watched it take a beer-stained length of tubing from 'yellow-amber' to clear.  Very good stuff but to be honest I was kind of freaked out by it's potential and eventually switched to Oxi.  If you want a turbo-powered cleanser, this is YOUR product.  Then some sanitizer as suggested.   

Interesting.  Goggles, boots, gloves and maybe a haz-mat suit and it says "No Rinse" right on the jar hahaha :lol:

#7 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:01 AM

BLC (beer line cleaner) might be good to use, too.

Good point.  

#8 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53897 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:00 AM

Interesting.  Goggles, boots, gloves and maybe a haz-mat suit and it says "No Rinse" right on the jar hahaha :lol:

Once I had some brewing buds over and I showed them the small bucket of this stuff and the warnings on the label.  The one guy said, "Hmm, I'm not sure I would use this product" and everyone started laughing.  I have never seen that type of warning on a brewery cleanser but it does clean well.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users