#1 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21284 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:56 AM

CB Brew was in town a couple of weeks ago.While out looking for beers to consume we ran across Michelob IPA at our local Kroger. What the hell, I'll give it a day in court.Pours out with a slightly red hue and nice head. A bit under carbonated for the style.A bit short on the hop nose at first sniff. Hops are clean and neutral-almost missing. No spice or floral/citrus you would expect from the style where hops are the main point.A clean dryish beer.Not bad from one of the worlds largest breweries. The price is good too at 6.99/6 pack. Could be a "gateway beer" for some.

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:09 AM

CB Brew was in town a couple of weeks ago.While out looking for beers to consume we ran across Michelob IPA at our local Kroger. What the hell, I'll give it a day in court.Pours out with a slightly red hue and nice head. A bit under carbonated for the style.A bit short on the hop nose at first sniff. Hops are clean and neutral-almost missing. No spice or floral/citrus you would expect from the style where hops are the main point.A clean dryish beer.Not bad from one of the worlds largest breweries. The price is good too at 6.99/6 pack. Could be a "gateway beer" for some.

That's what I've found from most of the BMC "IPA" beers - they are more like pale ales that are on the low end of hop presence even for that style.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users