denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9090 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:04 AM

https://www.experime...nking-john-holl

Just in time for Christmas and the new year, Drew sits down with John Holl of Craft Beer & Brewing to talk about his new book - Drink Beer, Think Beer. We talk where the industry is and why John's hope for the future isn't a very popular one.

But first we've got to take your feedback, cover the beer news - including a controversial take on IPA's drinkers, and then cover Denny's gluten free brewing antics, Drew's rat attack and a new way to egg.

#2 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:59 AM

Holl and Bogner are the only team I enjoy listening to besides you and that Drew fella...........  

#3 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:59 PM

Holl and Bogner are the only team I enjoy listening to besides you and that Drew fella...........

Not a Good Beer Hunting fan?

#4 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:10 PM

Not a Good Beer Hunting fan?

Haven't tapped into that one yet.  Will check it out.

#5 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:30 PM

I hate to admit it, but I've been lax on listening to the podcast. Listened to the entire one this time and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree whole heartedly with John Holl about the state of commercial craft beer.

#6 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:23 AM

I agree whole heartedly with John Holl about the state of commercial craft beer.

Agree also.  I have heard him discuss this before on his podcast and agree.  I am personally getting tired of seeing a new brewery pop up ever week that is doing the same thing as everyone else just not as good as the established breweries.  

#7 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9090 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:44 AM

I hate to admit it, but I've been lax on listening to the podcast. Listened to the entire one this time and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree whole heartedly with John Holl about the state of commercial craft beer.

Me, too.  When I say it, Drew calls me a negative curmudgeaon. When John says it, it's somehow transformed in wisdom.  ;)

#8 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:39 PM

One caveat to the ability of breweries to achieve that mid size brewery status will be consolidation of brands through conglomerates like Oscar Blues/Cigar City/Perrin. BUT that will only happen for breweries that actually brew decent beer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users