Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36008 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:33 AM

Soon.

I've received and approved all electronic proofs.  A soft cover (physical) proof is being printed and sent to me for final approval and then it goes live for sale.  We're about a week away and i'll keep this thread updated.  I'd like to say that i'm doing a big marketing push to make everyone aware, but will probably hold off until the 1st quarter.  The Christmas season is a little saturated.

A print copy is a nice thing to have, but there will be an e-pub version released in a few weeks. Retail for the soft cover will be $14.90, which is (amazingly) as low as i could set it and probably only affordable for diehard vagus fans who have also voiced interest in purchasing my old socks. Hoping the e-pub is a LOT cheaper (and it should be).

Contains some explicit content.

#2 armagh

armagh

Grumpy Frost Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6365 posts
  • LocationBandit Country

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:49 AM

Is this the one I read?

#3 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8905 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 28 November 2018 - 02:21 PM

Is this the one I read?

14.90 buys you the answer...

#4 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36008 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:02 PM

Is this the one I read?

A heavily edited version that is somewhat similar. 

#5 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36008 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:52 AM

It seems the timelines were poorly communicated.  The epub is ahead of print!

http://www.lulu.com/...t-23894219.html

It should be available on all your favorite book e-book sites soon, but you can view and purchase it at the link above already.  Pricing will be the same across for all distributors.

I should have the print proof in hand this thursday.  I'll give it a look and then click the big approval button.  

#6 weeps

weeps

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6677 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:28 AM

This is exciting!!!!

#7 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36008 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:45 AM

This is exciting!!!!

I'm holding off on making a broader announcement on the PH till they're available for distribution through the usual channels.  For the epub, it doesn't matter.  But them paperbacks are just weird. Lulu usually charges for shipping ($4 for 5-15 day shipping, $8 for 3-5 day ground and upwards from there) making single copy purchase from them annoying. Amazon should have some form of free shipping (toonces' bane) and I have no knowledge of how barnes and noble conducts business. I'll pass any free shipping offers along as i come across them.

The print version looks really nice, but came all gashed up from the printer. Once i get some clarification on why, i'll send it through the pipeline (estimated 2 weeks before Amazon can bring themselves to list it for sale, for skin). 

#8 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36008 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:18 PM

The print version is up for sale. 

http://www.lulu.com/...t-23890071.html

It should be available in a few weeks at places like Amazon and Barnes and Noble. It'll still retail for $14.90, but I suspect you'll be able to avoid that $6-8 shipping fee.  I'm making a bulk purchase to sate the appetites of the real world, so if you'd like a... uhh a... you know ... i touched it and stuff copy, send a PM and we'll caulk.  Talk.  Talk, brothers.

I'll post something a little more entertaining in the PH when either the print or e-pub is available at all your favorite stores. I'm considering doing a video promotional, I just need to make a stop at the pet store first. And the gasoline store. And the plastic bag emporium. omfg and shampoo world.  

#9 pickle_rick

pickle_rick

Comptroller of <non-pr0n> pr0n

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36701 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:30 PM

were you in the military or did you have a consultant when you were writing this?

#10 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36008 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

were you in the military or did you have a consultant when you were writing this?

The only thing i ever served was fries with that. I work with a bunch of mil, also had some consultation from various vets. Tehdis was helpful because he's a writer in addition to being a vet. 

#11 pickle_rick

pickle_rick

Comptroller of <non-pr0n> pr0n

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36701 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted Yesterday, 07:03 AM

The only thing i ever served was fries with that. I work with a bunch of mil, also had some consultation from various vets. Tehdis was helpful because he's a writer in addition to being a vet. 

that's good.  I think it would be tough to write something like this without a little guidance from someone with real world experience.

#12 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36008 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted Yesterday, 08:16 AM

that's good.  I think it would be tough to write something like this without a little guidance from someone with real world experience.

The marine parts of the story actually came from experiences i could share and relate to.  The mil folks then had various seed-in details that helped with the polish.  Things you don't pick up on necessarily working alongside, but rather within.  I also had a lot of input from non-mil folks.  It's a fine line trying to please both crowds.  I also could've written the whole story from the perspective of a mail-order bride delivery service.  It wouldn't really set the same stage, but it'd still be fun to read.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users