Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59196 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:33 AM

Soon.

I've received and approved all electronic proofs.  A soft cover (physical) proof is being printed and sent to me for final approval and then it goes live for sale.  We're about a week away and i'll keep this thread updated.  I'd like to say that i'm doing a big marketing push to make everyone aware, but will probably hold off until the 1st quarter.  The Christmas season is a little saturated.

A print copy is a nice thing to have, but there will be an e-pub version released in a few weeks. Retail for the soft cover will be $14.90, which is (amazingly) as low as i could set it and probably only affordable for diehard vagus fans who have also voiced interest in purchasing my old socks. Hoping the e-pub is a LOT cheaper (and it should be).

Contains some explicit content.

#2 armagh

armagh

Grumpy Frost Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6705 posts
  • LocationBandit Country

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:49 AM

Is this the one I read?

#3 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12937 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 28 November 2018 - 02:21 PM

Is this the one I read?

14.90 buys you the answer...

#4 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59196 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:02 PM

Is this the one I read?

A heavily edited version that is somewhat similar. 

#5 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59196 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:52 AM

It seems the timelines were poorly communicated.  The epub is ahead of print!

http://www.lulu.com/...t-23894219.html

It should be available on all your favorite book e-book sites soon, but you can view and purchase it at the link above already.  Pricing will be the same across for all distributors.

I should have the print proof in hand this thursday.  I'll give it a look and then click the big approval button.  

#6 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59196 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:45 AM

This is exciting!!!!

I'm holding off on making a broader announcement on the PH till they're available for distribution through the usual channels.  For the epub, it doesn't matter.  But them paperbacks are just weird. Lulu usually charges for shipping ($4 for 5-15 day shipping, $8 for 3-5 day ground and upwards from there) making single copy purchase from them annoying. Amazon should have some form of free shipping (toonces' bane) and I have no knowledge of how barnes and noble conducts business. I'll pass any free shipping offers along as i come across them.

The print version looks really nice, but came all gashed up from the printer. Once i get some clarification on why, i'll send it through the pipeline (estimated 2 weeks before Amazon can bring themselves to list it for sale, for skin). 

#7 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59196 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:18 PM

The print version is up for sale. 

http://www.lulu.com/...t-23890071.html

It should be available in a few weeks at places like Amazon and Barnes and Noble. It'll still retail for $14.90, but I suspect you'll be able to avoid that $6-8 shipping fee.  I'm making a bulk purchase to sate the appetites of the real world, so if you'd like a... uhh a... you know ... i touched it and stuff copy, send a PM and we'll caulk.  Talk.  Talk, brothers.

I'll post something a little more entertaining in the PH when either the print or e-pub is available at all your favorite stores. I'm considering doing a video promotional, I just need to make a stop at the pet store first. And the gasoline store. And the plastic bag emporium. omfg and shampoo world.  

#8 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:30 PM

were you in the military or did you have a consultant when you were writing this?

#9 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59196 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

were you in the military or did you have a consultant when you were writing this?

The only thing i ever served was fries with that. I work with a bunch of mil, also had some consultation from various vets. Tehdis was helpful because he's a writer in addition to being a vet. 

#10 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 16 December 2018 - 07:03 AM

The only thing i ever served was fries with that. I work with a bunch of mil, also had some consultation from various vets. Tehdis was helpful because he's a writer in addition to being a vet. 

that's good.  I think it would be tough to write something like this without a little guidance from someone with real world experience.

#11 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59196 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:16 AM

that's good.  I think it would be tough to write something like this without a little guidance from someone with real world experience.

The marine parts of the story actually came from experiences i could share and relate to.  The mil folks then had various seed-in details that helped with the polish.  Things you don't pick up on necessarily working alongside, but rather within.  I also had a lot of input from non-mil folks.  It's a fine line trying to please both crowds.  I also could've written the whole story from the perspective of a mail-order bride delivery service.  It wouldn't really set the same stage, but it'd still be fun to read.  

#12 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:51 PM

will there be an audio book?  and will you be reading it?  or someone else?

#13 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59196 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:20 AM

will there be an audio book?  and will you be reading it?  or someone else?

Since i'm sorta a one man show here, at least in terms of funding, the audio book will appear in response to demand. I suppose i could half-ass it and read it into a microphone, lol, but it might not have that professional feel. I'd also need to listen to a few audiobooks first.  

Dying to start promoting this, but the print copy is taking its sweet time to appear on the virtual shelves for whatever reason. They said 2-4 weeks and i think we're approaching the two week mark. 

The E-pub is on amazon, B&N and probably whatever other book sellers there are.  

https://www.barnesan...ourceId=PLAGoNA

https://www.amazon.c...XWJ42SX76KHFA6X

Some guy named vagus left a glowing review on amazon. I'm so happy. He doesn't appear to be a verified purchaser. Tho.

#14 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59196 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:03 AM

There's been some difficulty in purchasing the e-pub from Amazon. Something like, "Not available for this app."  It works for kindle, but if there's something else you're using. Maybe some of you guys have apple products that interfere with the normal functioning of things, it is available on ibooks. 

Let me know if there's any difficulty. Print version is still worming its way through the ... who faking knows. But! The moment it goes loud, imma engorge it so visible they'll see it from the space station. Well, i mean i'll post a PH thread about it and the wife will put it on facebook.

#15 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59196 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:18 PM

Got selected for some free advertising to ... uhh ... well anyway if you dig down to the last page and scroll to the bottom you can see it listed there. Some website for indie authors to feel feelings.

https://www.authorle...ookshelf-page-6

Keeping myself entertained with Book 2 and a special collaboration project.  Oh and I have a job. I really do. Says so in the book.

#16 frankerector

frankerector

Perro Grande

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5295 posts
  • LocationHOLLYWOOD AND VINE!....Just signed a deal!

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

I am usually imbibing at night and read stupid news shit.......

On a scale of 1-10 would this be better?

:frank:

#17 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59196 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:31 AM

I am usually imbibing at night and read stupid news shit.......

On a scale of 1-10 would this be better?

:frank:

I think you'd like the Brines character.  Alpha Dog.

#18 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9583 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:26 PM

What do we have to do to get a paper copy signed by the author using his own blood? It doesn't seem very Vagus-y without that option.

#19 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59196 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:29 PM

Signed copies are available, just pm me.

Wolf blood moon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users